Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Kazakhstan

Foxx

EDIT: I hanged the title of this thread to dedicate it to Kazakhstan.

aWe didn't really have a dedicated general thread for items such as this that have the potential to become more prevalent in the days ahead, so I thought to start one to catalogue instances thereof.

As they say, man will endure a lot until his stomach begins to growl. Once that happens, things will start to get ugly.

https://twitter.com/alfonso_poza/status/1478692780721545216

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Police reportedly fired on some protesters at the residence in Almaty before fleeing. They have clashed repeatedly with demonstrators in recent days, deploying water cannons in the freezing weather, and firing tear gas and concussion grenades.

I'm eagerly awaiting the response decrying these human rights violations coming from countries like Australia that beat people with batons as a public health measure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'm eagerly awaiting the response decrying these human rights violations coming from countries like Australia that beat people with batons as a public health measure.

Now that we have just about fully transitioned into the globalists wet dream, I don't know that you are going to hear cries of human rights violations from any of the world's governments when it comes to people protesting the state. They are called insurrections these days and any and all actions to squash them are being met with silence or praise, certainly not condemnation of any sort.

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Foxx said:

Now that we have just about fully transitioned into the globalists wet dream, I don't know that you are going to hear cries of human rights violations from any of the world's governments when it comes to people protesting the state. They are called insurrections these days and any and all actions to squash them are being met with silence or praise, certainly not condemnation of any sort.

Unless they're minorities.  

Also bears pointing out that an international peacekeeping force is being sent to Kazakhstan.  A Russian-led peacekeeping force.  I would be genuinely shocked to find out these uprisings were organic and not Russian-backed.  Also not a coincidence that this happens four months after we withdraw from Afghanistan.

But hey, let's make sure we never forget AOC was scared of LARPers roaming the Capitol halls.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I see where Kazakhstan shut off the internet after the cabinet resigned. Since they account for 18% of all BTC mining power, expect that the cost to transfer any is going to rise and that the mempool will backlog.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But hey, let's make sure we never forget AOC was scared of LARPers roaming the Capitol halls.

You're a sexually frustrated Republican, aren't you?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Unless they're minorities.  

Also bears pointing out that an international peacekeeping force is being sent to Kazakhstan.  A Russian-led peacekeeping force.  I would be genuinely shocked to find out these uprisings were organic and not Russian-backed.  Also not a coincidence that this happens four months after we withdraw from Afghanistan.

I think these uprisings are more organic than Russian-started.

In fact, if this isn't organic and I had a guess, I'd say this was fomented by someone other than Russia -- but eventually Russia will capitalize on an opportunity to "win back" a Central Asian state.  The questions regarding whether they can successfully capitalize are (A) whether the Kazakhs want Putin's involvement, and (B) whether Putin has got enough resources to deal with both Ukraine and Central Asia at the same time.  I also say "win back" because the West, and the East have been trying hard in recent years to open up Central Asia and reduce Russian influence.  And those 5 or 7 or so countries have recently started forming some sort of region-wide economic and policy coalition.

I'd think that Putin -- with his current focus on Ukraine -- wasn't really looking in that direction to manufacture trouble that only he can fix.  I'd also think Putin sees the unfortunate side of his future in this uprising.  Kazakhstan had a long-term strongman President who became "2nd in charge" recently.  The country has a ton of natural resources and is controlled by about 150 oligarch families (at least that's what'd been reported).  And there's been a widening wealth gap even though there appears to be enough to go around.   Sounds like Russia's near future when some day Putin decides to step back from the front of being a leader.  Putin's got to be afraid that if this uprising works in Kazakhstan, it can work some day in Russia.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

I changed the title of the thread to focus on Kazakhstan since it is blowing up. If needed I will start a different one to aggregate general foreign news items.

Anyhoo... for a bit of background on the situation and a perspective you won't find in any mainstream outlet:

‘Nationalists are on the rise’: How protests in Kazakhstan turned violent & why Russia feels it can’t stay silent

The comments are quite varied and take positions along both  @Crap Throwing Monkey and @snafu ones.

• Cheers 3