Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

How did you meet your spouse, significant other partner?

mead107

For me it was my aunt that gave me my now wife’s phone number. 

I worked 2nd shift at Ge 

called her from a pay phone at work. 

A real blind date

how did you meet? 

Edited by mead107
  • Like 3

My eventual wife lived up the road a bit.

One day I see this crazy lady outside walking down the street with a yard-stick. I couldn't be sure but it looked like she was measuring widths of driveways. Being the curious type, I had to find out what the hell she was doing so I went out to 'check the mail.' Sure enough, she was measuring widths of driveways. Turned out she needed a new driveway and was checking widths of others to see what may work for her.

We ended up talking for hours.  For our first date she showed up at the house with a flea encased in a piece of tape explaining that she had to cancel because she had fleas and didn't want to pass them along.

I should have run for the hills because that curiosity,  eventually killed the cat. My wife is a bit quirky and unique.

I kid. I love her dearly.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I was in charge of a Med-Surg unit in one of our local rural hospitals, when I came back from a vacation, there were several new, young nurses.  I noticed the future B-Wife right away, but I never did act on it. It was just a problem when you showed interest in any of the staff, believe you me, so I avoided it.

It was a 3-11 shift, so being young we would all go out as a group almost every night. I could see that she "liked" me (or whatever you kids call it)   After a year or so we started going on walks and bonding a little more, but then I proved what a jackass I was.

I gave her a little talk about how  "I didn't want things between us to get too serious" and "I was not looking to settle down" ...Man I was clueless.

Fortunately she gave me a terrific Mona Lisa smile and said she "understood"

Of course, she knew then that we would fall in love and get married,  and that is what happened.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

ExiledInIllinois

@ the BECPLibrary downtown.  Working on a history grant in TOLIS Department... Getting the stacks digitized/cataloged into system for the first time.  IE: Find the record in OCLC and link it to library's TOLIS.

Anyway... She was my boss... Still is. I'd send all the hard searches, save them for her.  Like the pamphlets on how to build an Army Air Corps landing strip in Guam. Then, I'd get to the DOS prompt and play "Prince of Persia" from a floppy. 

Boy... Ladies love bad boys! 😆 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, shrader said:

Sorry, nothing entertaining here. We met online through a dating site a little over ten years ago. 

Same here, but 20 years ago, next month.

• Like 5

On 1/6/2022 at 6:00 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Same here, 16 years ago next week.   First date in NYC lasted nearly 8 hours and we were off and running.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2022 at 5:26 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

@ the BECPLibrary downtown.  Working on a history grant in TOLIS Department... Getting the stacks digitized/cataloged into system for the first time.  IE: Find the record in OCLC and link it to library's TOLIS.

Anyway... She was my boss... Still is. I'd send all the hard searches, save them for her.  Like the pamphlets on how to build an Army Air Corps landing strip in Guam. Then, I'd get to the DOS prompt and play "Prince of Persia" from a floppy. 

Boy... Ladies love bad boys! 😆 

Knowing you, ALL of this sounds legit, my good sir!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I met mine at a house party at Ohio University. Now I pay her thousands of dollars every month. Good times. 

Know any good bankruptcy lawyers?

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2

Keukasmallie

I think this fits here although it's kinda' the "second" time I met her....

I was in the Navy, writing to a girl I really liked and sometimes to a girl I'd met, but no sparks.  Somehow I put the wrong letter in the wrong envelope; never heard back from girl A, but received a letter from girl B who told me she wished I'd  meant those things I said in the letter for her.  As they say, one thing led to another....

We've been  married sixty-three years.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 4

On 1/6/2022 at 6:00 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

25 years ago for my wife and me. And by meeting online, I mean dial-up AOL Online.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

18 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Knowing this crowd I'm kind of surprised that "I won her in a poker game" hasn't come up yet.

How I Met My Husband … 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

A friend in college introduced us.  He had dated her a couple times but not in a few months.  I told him for months he was crazy not to keep dating her.  He left the door open.  Took me several attempts before she would date me.  More than 30 years later I'd thank him if I could find him.  

• Like 4

Murder mystery party and my brother's house.

Got a call from said brother asking me if I'm excited for the party.  I was working a ton and didn't know what in the world he was talking about.  He said check your email, and there was the invite along with my "character".  I begrudgingly decided to go.  Get there, this girl walks in a bit later and I look at my brother and say, "Who is that"...he tells me that is my mother in the murder mystery. 

I look back and say "My mom is hot".  Took a bit of convincing for her to date someone 5 years younger but she relented.  Been married over 15 years now. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2