Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Rob Gronkowski was ‘happy’ after being suspended by NFL for Tre’Davious White hit in 2017

Core Four

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rob-gronkowski-happy-being-suspended-161536492.html

One of the cheapest shots I remember seeing.  Tre White was getting the best of Gronk that game, which clearly frustrated him.  A one game suspension for that cheap shot was a joke, the NFL's concern about player safety takes a back seat to game ratings.  Apparently, Gronk needed a week away from football, but the NFL made sure he was back for the prime time Steelers vs Pats* game.

“I was happy,” Gronkowski said of learning about his suspension per Patriots Wire. “I was finally happy. I was like, ‘Yes, I’m away from football for a week. I get to recover my body.’ I mean, when you’re running full speed into people, it definitely was taking a toll on me.

” … I lost a paycheck — it was about $300,000, that game check — and I didn’t even care one bit. I was just glad I had a week off from football, because I needed it.”

Several weeks later, Barry Church rung Gronk's bell in the Jax vs NE playoff game, helmet to helmet that gave Gronk a nice concussion.

• Like 1
  • Boo 1

59 minutes ago, Robs House said:

Knowing what I know about Tre White now I think it might enjoy watching replace of that hit.

I'm not as high on Tre White as a player than some are, but that cheap shot was uncalled for and borderline criminal.