Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL General Manager Openings [All Filled]

Ann

On 2/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, Ann said:

general.jpg.edb14dfbe689578d21a507f050195308.jpg

John Spytek belongs with the Patriots.

If northwest Africa ever gets an NFL team, I will nominate Morocco Brown to be their first GM! 🙂

Earlier in this thread, I was thinking Ryan Poles is perfect for Chicago, because many in Chicago have Polish ancestry. But if the goal is to have a last name that’s as Polish as possible, I think John Wojciechowski has Poles beat! 😯

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
49 minutes ago, Ann said:
7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hope they hire him.  One less AFC team to challenge the Bills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Arm of Harm
51 minutes ago, Ann said:
7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Steelers led the way in creating the Rooney Rule. They deserve Doug Whaley as their GM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...

What to expect from new Steelers GM

If you are surprised by the Steelers' promotion of Omar Khan to general manager, you probably have not paid close enough attention to the way one of the NFL's most successful franchises operates.

As a model of consistency and stability, the Steelers are run like a family business, with leaders groomed for larger roles from the moment they join the organization. While the developmental model has been a core part of the franchise's roster-building philosophy, it has also helped the team remain a contender throughout the years with minimal turnover in key front office positions.

In elevating Khan to succeed longtime personnel chief Kevin Colbert, the Steelers are promoting a member of their front office who has been with the team since 2001. Khan's 20-plus years of experience working under Colbert not only ensures consistency in player evaluation but also in the relationships that have been established within the building.

"There's not going to be a lot of change here," Khan said on Friday during his introductory press conference. "I obviously have a lot of ideas that I want to implement and put in place, but I don't see a lot of change."

</snip>

• Like 1