Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL General Manager Openings [All Filled]

Ann

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Agreed. I was surprised it didn't happen last year. I cannot imagine the Bills keep the band together yet another year.

I said last year that I wanted Josh to have at least two more years with Daboll to cement his evolution, so I am glad he didn't go last year. Hopefully, we retain him for at least one more year, though Josh is probably set in the NFL at this point.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I said last year that I wanted Josh to have at least two more years with Daboll to cement his evolution, so I am glad he didn't go last year. Hopefully, we retain him for at least one more year, though Josh is probably set in the NFL at this point.

That’s where I’m at. Daboll haters be damned. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Core Four said:

Maybe you meant this:?

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-fire-general-manager-mike-mayock-after-three-seasons

Mike Mayock is out as Raider's GM after three seasons.

Raiders gonna Raider.  I don't blame Mayock for taking the job but signing up to not have personnel control means you're pretty much destined to fail.

48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Raiders gonna Raider.  I don't blame Mayock for taking the job but signing up to not have personnel control means you're pretty much destined to fail.

I'm fairly certain Gruden chose Mayock to be GM.  Gruden was calling the shots in that organization.

Once Gruden was forced out, you might as well get rid of Mayock so your next coach/GM pairing will not be handcuffed to a previous regime.  Mayock wasn't going to choose the next HC since his draft and FA record wasn't strong enough to keep him on as GM.

Edited by Core Four
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I'm fairly certain Gruden chose Mayock to be GM.  Gruden was calling the shots in that organization.

Once Gruden was forced out, you might as well get rid of Mayock so your next coach/GM pairing will not be handcuffed to a previous regime.  Mayock wasn't going to choose the next HC since his draft and FA record wasn't strong enough to keep him on as GM.

Mayock never had personnel or FA control until Chuckie got fired this season.  I'm not arguing with you, nor do I think it necessarily wise to keep him around...but I'd be very curious to know how many times he'd have gone a different direction.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Mayock never had personnel or FA control until Chuckie got fired this season.  I'm not arguing with you, nor do I think it necessarily wise to keep him around...but I'd be very curious to know how many times he'd have gone a different direction.

I'm thinking he had defensive control, and those picks left quite a bit to be desired...