Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Fire Brian Flores

Ann

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

What an absolute clown show organization.

Chris Grier is a cancer. His personel decisions are awful, and his roster assembly has been abysmal.

Stephen Ross is an absolute moron.

Flores took that absolute shit show, and managed it to above .500 records in back to back seasons.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Chris Grier is a cancer. His personel decisions are awful, and his roster assembly has been abysmal.

Flores took that absolute shit show, and managed it to above .500 records in back to back seasons.

Good summary.  Organization success starts with the ownership as leaders, and Ross is a lunatic.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I find this true…….and awesome.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Flores might find a job up the road in Jacksonville.  

2 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Flores might find a job up the road in Jacksonville.  

Unless he's coaching NE*, I can't wait to watch him beat Miami with whatever new team he ends up coaching.

I thought I was seeing things when this news came across the scroll.  Unbelievable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The list of NFL coaches who consistently do a good job managing the clock starts and ends with Belichick.  The rest of them appear to be throwing darts.

It's really incredible how bad guys who get paid to make fast decisions under the gun are at making fast decisions under the gun.   Last night's game was a clinic in ineptitude.  The TO wasn't even the worst move he made in the last few minutes.  It was failing to run the ball and keep the clock moving once LAC reached the Raiders 20 yard line in OT.  They could have burned at least another minute off the clock and potentially taken it all the way down before tying the game if they had run for a first down.  Instead they gave Raiders 4:30 to respond, which turned out to be just enough even operating at half speed.

• FANtastic 1

20 hours ago, Ann said:

Hoodie is next? 😜

That's a misleading stat

As a whole, the Dolphins under Flores outperformed the Patriots* under Belicheat.

However the Patriots* have an upward trajectory (10-7 in 2021) following a rebuild and losing the GOAT (7-9 in 2020) while the Dolphins have regressed slightly (10-6 in 2020) vs (9-8 in 2021).  Also consider the extra game this season, the Dolphins would have been 8-8 and the Patriots* 10-6.  Giving Flores a -2 net wins and Belicheat +3

18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Same with GMs and the draft.  If the NFL really wanted to do something fun, they'd let the fans GM the Jags' draft.  I guarantee they'd do a better job than whoever is actually running the show.

With as little as I genuinely understand about the details of running an NFL team, I'm not so stupid as to take a shit show like the Jaguars and suggest the first person I want to interview as HC is Bill O'Brien. It's laughable just thinking about it, yet here we are.

I'd love to have Flores in Buffalo, but that would likely mean losing Frasier. First stop: Chicago. My sense is that any team looking to start over would prefer a younger person, but with his ties to Chicago glory years, it is at least a solid possibility.

Not to mention, sitting at the Bear's decision table (along with Bill Polian) is Tanesha Wade, the Bears VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, so we know they'll hire a minority. It's just a question of which one of the candidates wants the job bad enough to show up in drag as well.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Word out now that Flores is set to interview in Chicago.

Good.

Get him out of the AFC,

One less spot for Frazier or Daboll.

Thanks Dolphins.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Good.

Get him out of the AFC,

One less spot for Frazier or Daboll.

Thanks Dolphins.

Would you be upset if either of them left?

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Would you be upset if either of them left?

Yes, I like continuity.......

If I had my choice, then Daboll could go.

ANY good football mind could succeed with Allen at QB.

53 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yes, I like continuity.......

If I had my choice, then Daboll could go.

ANY good football mind could succeed with Allen at QB.

Honestly, I hope both of them go.  Like you, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd want Daboll gone.  His game plans and play calling are erratic and leave a lot to be desired a good portion of the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Honestly, I hope both of them go.  Like you, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd want Daboll gone.  His game plans and play calling are erratic and leave a lot to be desired a good portion of the time.

I feel like he uses the team as his personal little playground to call some ridiculously stupid trick plays that are just never called for or have such little hope of working.

"How about we throw an end zone fade to Dion Dawkins?"

Lose that game and this is the play we're talking about this week.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I feel like he uses the team as his personal little playground to call some ridiculously stupid trick plays that are just never called for or have such little hope of working.

"How about we throw an end zone fade to Dion Dawkins?"

Lose that game and this is the play we're talking about this week.

I agree.  I would have to believe Emmanuel Sanders is a Daboll request that McD and Beane agreed to.  I wonder if Daboll takes enough into consideration such as opponent, weather, and even team chemistry.  

Edited by Core Four
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I thought I was seeing things when this news came across the scroll.  Unbelievable.

And coming back to this thread, I misread the title as Dolphins Fire Bran Flakes. :classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Fish are really getting it from everybody for firing Flores.

Definitely a case where punctuation mattered. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2