Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Dilbert creator says 77 newspapers canceled comic strip as it tackles woke culture (msn.com)

A new character introduced by Adams is Dave, named after his brother. Dave is a prankster who likes to mess with his boss. For example, Dave is black, but he identifies as white.

Some recent comics follow the boss as he attempts to raise the company's ESG rating. "Dave, I need to boost our company's ESG rating, so I'm promoting you to be our CTO. I know you identify as white, so that won't help our ESG scores, but would it be too much trouble to identify as gay?" the boss asks in one comic.

"Depends how hard you want me to sell it," responds Dave.

"Just wear better shirts," his boss says.

"What I do is I talk about how the employees handle the situation. It's not about the goal of it. But that's enough to make people think that I must be taking sides politically," Adams further explained.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, come on man! Toto runs out in a snowstorm???

On 9/21/2022 at 6:17 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Does no one remember how poorly the last remake of Wizard of Oz fared:facepalm:  

I barely remember this remake. "No sire, my name is Obadiah Spittle".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076297/

Edited by Fansince88

On 9/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, IDBillzFan said:

On the other hand, "Wicked" has done really well. Not a remake, for sure, and to be honest, as a kid who grew up and loved every nostalgic moment of the Wizard of Oz* , I was sure I wouldn't like it, but Wicked turned out to be a really clever story that completely flips what you know of the movie.

But again, people who grew up on the Wizard of Oz and love it like I do want nothing to do with a woke version. It just won't play. I'm not certain about a lot, but I'm damn certain of this.

*Did you know Buddy Ebsen was supposed to be the Tin Man, but he had an allergic reaction to the silver body makeup and had to be cut from the movie? Yeah, you probably know that.

Wasn’t there some weird version with James Franco in the last ten years or so? Or was that in the prequel mode just like wicked?

CarpetCrawler
On 9/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Apparently no one told Barris what happened to Lightyear when they added some lesbo action.

Have at it. I hope you lose billions.

Why bother, weren't there enough hints dropped about the Cowardly Lion in the original?? The name, the tears, the make over he got with the curls and ribbons in his hair, the "dandy lion" line in the song.

Oh wait, they could never portray someone LQBTQ as cowardly. It will probably be the Tinman because he needs love.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Why bother, weren't there enough hints dropped about the Cowardly Lion in the original?? The name, the tears, the make over he got with the curls and ribbons in his hair, the "dandy lion" line in the song.

Oh wait, they could never portray someone LQBTQ as cowardly. It will probably be the Tinman because he needs love.

they'll add a new character.

probably to replace the evil swamp monkeys

image.png.76100652cb19533a3fea03aec41b5f30.png

Smokey Bear waving goodbye as Ember the Fox becomes the new face of FireSmart. (Josh Piercey/Revelstoke Review)

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/why-leftist-entertainment-so-divisive-and-devoid-imagination

The bottom line? Consumers have near-zero interest in leftist media. As I have said in the past, “Get Woke, Go Broke” is not just a mantra, it’s a rule these days. But why are leftists in entertainment so incapable of producing anything resembling exciting content? Why do they suck so bad?

Well, they follow a losing formula, and that formula works something like this:

1) Co-opt a classic franchise or character that has preexisting audience appeal. Never try to create anything original if you can help it.

2) Market the new film, TV series, comic, etc. as a return to nostalgia to get audiences excited.

3) Get rid of as many straight, white, or male characters as possible and replace them with token diversity. (Also for some reason they like to get rid of all the redheads).

4) Portray men as weak and incompetent. Portray white people as stupid or racist. Portray black people as constant victims. Portray women with overtly masculine character traits, but also as victims at the same time. Make everyone in charge a woman, or gay, or both. If a man is in charge, make sure he is being controlled by a woman. Make sure your main character is constantly lecturing everyone else and the audience about leftist virtues.

5) Make sure there is a perfect pie chart of ethnicity in every single scene despite the statistics and demographics of a place or time. It doesn’t matter if a story is set in an ancient viking village in the north of Europe or in the elitist estates of Victorian England, minorities must be represented as main characters despite all historical fact.

6) If a classic male character cannot be changed without alienating potential customers away from spending their money, pretend he is a major part of the story to trick people into theaters, then make him weak and pathetic, the opposite of a hero. Or, just kill him.

7) Steal plot points, story beats and even dialogue directly from other more creative films and productions. Pretend you came up with all that stuff on your own. Or, do a reboot, and copy an older production directly while adding your own woke changes wherever possible.

8) Now, market the product as a “re-imagined version” updated for “modern audiences” as a justification for abandoning all canon.

9) Immediately start attacking anyone who MIGHT criticize the product before they ever do so. Make the customers and the fans into villains if they refuse to give you their money. Accuse them of bigotry and blame your inevitable failure on racism, sexism, misogyny, etc. It wasn’t your fault that your story bombed, it is the fault of “incels” and “boomers” and all the uncultured swine out there filled with hate. They sabotaged you. They are the problem.

10) Rinse. Repeat.

Yes, it sounds pathetic but this is the state of entertainment today and it has been a pervasive problem for several years now.

• Applause 2

CarpetCrawler
16 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Smokey Bear waving goodbye as Ember the Fox becomes the new face of FireSmart. (Josh Piercey/Revelstoke Review)

Drag queen flying monkeys, of course.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Drag queen flying monkeys, of course.

They'll get rid of the flying monkeys altogether, since they're a depiction fo black men, hence racist.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They'll get rid of the flying monkeys altogether, since they're a depiction fo black men, hence racist.

There has to be a way to work a bi-racial hermaphrodite in there somehow.......

On 10/14/2022 at 8:52 AM, Spartacus said:

Why did they replace Smokey the Bear?  They could have just made him gay

He's already a bear

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, devnull said:

He's already a bear

They wanted a more inclusive character that better represented the First Nation.

Not making that up.

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, devnull said:

He's already a bear

Looks like Pat in that pic...

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Itispat.jpg

Edited by Uncle Joe

Uh-Oh. Nobody is Booking Disney's Galactic Starcruiser Hotel (msn.com)

The reason there is so much availability is likely related to the backlash that swept through before the hotel opened after the first look of the rooms was made available. The rooms are small – which holds true for what a room would look like on the fictional Halycon.

But without hotel perks like spas or a pool, and the fact that you still have to pay for your own food, people felt the price tag was way too high. For two adults, the starting price is around $5,000; for three adults and one child, it will cost close to $6,000. And that’s a whole lot! What are you gonna do, rob Jabba the Hutt for that?

If you’re interested in being “inside a windowless bunker for two full days” you can check out the available dates and call in to book.

Broadway's woke 'trigger warnings' and 'moral preening' ripped in Washington Post opinion piece (msn.com)

As an example, Zoglin described a new production of "1776" which employs "female, nonbinary and transgender actors" to portray the country's Founding Fathers. He called this a "blunt-force gimmick" intended to call attention to the lack of diversity among the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

"More bothersome, these warnings often seem to reflect a patronizing, self-centered view of the past — a need to signal how far we’ve advanced from an era whose customs, morals and political views no longer mesh with our own," he wrote.

• Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gee, you would never know that 50% of the country celebrated.

Doesn't the show take place in NYC?  Where you can get abortion on demand???

It's crap like this that cause me to not watch any show on regular TV...

• Like 3