Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

"On April 14 of this year, I was fired by Netflix for what they determined to be unacceptable behavior on set...."

"I was playing the leading role of Roderick Usher in Edgar Allan Poe’s classic The Fall of the House of Usher, modernized as an eight-episode series for Netflix. It is a glorious role, and I had come to regard it as, most likely, my last hurrah...  On March 25 of this year, I was performing a love scene with the actress playing my young wife. Both of us were fully clothed. I was sitting on a couch, she was standing in front of me. The director called 'cut.' 'He touched my leg,' said the actress. 'That was not in the blocking.' She then turned and walked off the set, followed by the director and the intimacy coordinator.... [Someone from Human Resources contacted him a week later and said] 'Before the love scene began on March 25... our intimacy coordinator suggested where you both should put your hands. It has been brought to our attention that you said, "This is absurd!"' 'Yes,' I said, 'I did. And I still think so.' It was a love scene on camera. Legislating the placement of hands, to my mind, is ludicrous. It undermines instinct and spontaneity. Toward the end of our conversation, she suggested that I not contact the young lady, the intimacy coordinator, or anyone else in the company. 'We don’t want to risk retaliation... Intention is not our concern. Netflix deals only with impact.'"

Writes Frank Langella in "Fired By Netflix, Frank Langella Refutes Allegations Of 'Unacceptable Behavior'" (Deadline). Langella is 84 years old.

1) Intimacy coordinators are common these days.  Langella should not have been that put-out by it.

2) "Legislating" the exact physical actions of the actors involved is, in fact, the role of the intimacy coordinator.  Langella again should not have been that put out by it.

3) Raising it to the level of HR is completely ridiculous.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

"On April 14 of this year, I was fired by Netflix for what they determined to be unacceptable behavior on set...."

"I was playing the leading role of Roderick Usher in Edgar Allan Poe’s classic The Fall of the House of Usher, modernized as an eight-episode series for Netflix. It is a glorious role, and I had come to regard it as, most likely, my last hurrah...  On March 25 of this year, I was performing a love scene with the actress playing my young wife. Both of us were fully clothed. I was sitting on a couch, she was standing in front of me. The director called 'cut.' 'He touched my leg,' said the actress. 'That was not in the blocking.' She then turned and walked off the set, followed by the director and the intimacy coordinator.... [Someone from Human Resources contacted him a week later and said] 'Before the love scene began on March 25... our intimacy coordinator suggested where you both should put your hands. It has been brought to our attention that you said, "This is absurd!"' 'Yes,' I said, 'I did. And I still think so.' It was a love scene on camera. Legislating the placement of hands, to my mind, is ludicrous. It undermines instinct and spontaneity. Toward the end of our conversation, she suggested that I not contact the young lady, the intimacy coordinator, or anyone else in the company. 'We don’t want to risk retaliation... Intention is not our concern. Netflix deals only with impact.'"

Writes Frank Langella in "Fired By Netflix, Frank Langella Refutes Allegations Of 'Unacceptable Behavior'" (Deadline). Langella is 84 years old.

You cannot do that, Frank,” said our producer. “You can’t joke. You can’t compliment. You can’t touch. It’s a new order.”

• Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
50 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

1) Intimacy coordinators are common these days.  Langella should not have been that put-out by it.

2) "Legislating" the exact physical actions of the actors involved is, in fact, the role of the intimacy coordinator.  Langella again should not have been that put out by it.

3) Raising it to the level of HR is completely ridiculous.

You know what's funny in a sad way? Remember how much shit leftists gave Mike Pence because of his personal policy to never be alone with a woman in a room unless it was his wife, child, etc?

He was mocked by the left, mostly because of his faith, but there was always that underlying "He's over-reacting."

Now you Frank Langella, on a movie set, in front of everyone, including a freaking intimacy coordinator, and you're still not safe.

I suspect Langella is having coffee with Bill Murray right about now.

• Like 2

Fansince88
On 5/6/2022 at 4:08 PM, Foxx said:

There are days when I could use an intimacy coordinator...

I have one! Been married to her for 31 years. When she says not tonight I roll over and get to sleep that extra 5 minutes. Cant coordinate better than that

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I really like how they prioritize "600,000 species of animals and plants" over some two and a half billion people, and very subtly link Trump to eugenics.

• Like 3

Democrats so scared of trump they have to try and put his name on everything. 
surprised the democrats have not claimed Hunter is really his son and not Joe’s son

Edited by mead107
  • Haha 5

On 5/8/2022 at 5:46 PM, mead107 said:

Democrats so scared of trump they have to try and put his name on everything. 
surprised the democrats have not claimed Hunter is really his son and not Joe’s son

Give them time; it's not October yet.

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
50 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The guy’s name is Fukunaga.  They had to know.

You're telling me the guy who directed the first season of True Detective (which was LOADED with occult imagery, themes, and teachings) is a creepo? 

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked. 

Source for the insult "creepo":

For a company built on family entertainment, they spend most of their time undermining the nuclear family. 

http://www.hopesandfears.com/hopes/culture/film/216573-disney-single-parents-dead-mothers

Why are so many Disney parents missing or dead?

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/59581/27-motherless-disney-characters

https://fandomwire.com/all-times-disney-has-killed-movie-parents/

• Cheers 2

IDBillzFan

I think someone is getting the message that we really don't want a shitload of shows about the Obamas and Clintons.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
40 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think someone is getting the message that we really don't want a shitload of shows about the Obamas and Clintons.

Too bad.  I was looking forward to their coverage of her dodging sniper fire in Bosnia, carpetbagging into the NY senate seat, her sponsorship of racist anti-Muslim legislation while in the Senate, her creation of the Birther conspiracy, her backroom deals to let Obama become the Democratic nominee in exchange for the Secretary of State cabinet position, her enablement and promotion of Russia (including the $5B of funding to Russian cyber systems) during her tenure as Secretary of State, the close cooperation of State Department and Clinton Foundation executives during and after her tenure as Secretary of State, her comingling of campaign funds with the DNC in 2016, and how she went from "broke" in 2000 to being with several hundred million dollars shortly thereafter.

• Cheers 3

IDBillzFan
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Too bad.  I was looking forward to their coverage of her dodging sniper fire in Bosnia, carpetbagging into the NY senate seat, her sponsorship of racist anti-Muslim legislation while in the Senate, her creation of the Birther conspiracy, her backroom deals to let Obama become the Democratic nominee in exchange for the Secretary of State cabinet position, her enablement and promotion of Russia (including the $5B of funding to Russian cyber systems) during her tenure as Secretary of State, the close cooperation of State Department and Clinton Foundation executives during and after her tenure as Secretary of State, her comingling of campaign funds with the DNC in 2016, and how she went from "broke" in 2000 to being with several hundred million dollars shortly thereafter.

Why do you love Putin so much?

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Why do you love Putin so much?

Mostly because he's not Hillary.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Fansince88
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Mostly because he's not Hillary.

You hate Her because her husband was the first black president. Raesis