Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City: Divisional Round Playoffs Game Week Thread

Ann

Just running through stats of the Chiefs game earlier this year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401326408

Defense did a great job overall, 2 ints (this was Groot's int game and Hyde pick 6), 2 sacks, 8 QB hits and a forced fumble (Had another on ST) rattled Mahomes and they were pretty much able to keep KC speed in front of them. 

But we also played that game without Milano although Klein did well in his absence. 

On offense nothing really jumps out except that Knox had 3 for 117 and a TD, Beas was held pretty much in check, and we apparently didn't use McKenzie as a WR in that game. Moss was also featured over Motor which I'm sure will change in this game along with McK seeing the field more.

But now this was week 5, our offensive line was still struggling to find its footing and KCs has never gotten theirs. We didn't see McKinnon much at RB but as you saw yesterday, they seem to feature him a bit more now. We've featured Motor and McKenzie more on offense and that has taken us to another level with the offensive line finally gelling. 

I like our chances... KCs defense is still lower tier even though they looked decent yesterday, it was still against Pittsburgh. On offense they have made a few minor adjustments but for the most they are still the team we beat back in week 5. I think I also heard that KC is on it's 3rd RT this year so you know Groot is drooling as Frazier has dialed up the pressure late in the season, makes me wonder if he was anticipating this match up? I think if we can once again keep their speed in front of us we have the ability to slow them down substantially.

On offense the Bills OL is doing it's best job all season for both the run and pass protection. Motor has really come on as the feature back, and we're learned to utilize all out receiver room, even keeping our #2 TE on the bench recently in favor of more WRs. But the key for us I think is how Josh seems so zoned in right now, almost as if we could win a game if he were the only player on the field. Luckily though we do have 10 other players on the field with him and all of them seem to be in that same zone.

I have no illusion that we can keep our punter on the bench for another game, but it does have that kind of vibe doesn't it? Our entire team, in every phase (except punting) just seems to be peaking at the perfect time, to create the perfect Buffalo Blizzard! 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

Special thanks to the NFL for having this be the Sunday Night game.  Guess I'll be taking Monday off, since regardless of the result I won't be able to sleep for hours afterwards.

😡

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Welcome.

A lot of our off-season moves were with you guys in mind. Josh has incredible will and with the experience gained last year, I like our chances.

It is flattering that teams adjusted to beat us. As you know there were many years that was not the case. All in all it should be a great game, one would assume the over but you just never know. I have big concern with our o line. They tried to re tool it and the running game is at times very good. The issue is fat Andy has no commitment to the run, and Mahomes struggles as a pocket passer. If your ends hold containment he will get frustrated and make mistakes. McKinnon has been great at times and needs to be the starter over Edwards who was a waste of a first round pick. I don’t think my wife will watch it with me as I will be screaming at the tv. 

Edited by Carptom1
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 5

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

It is flattering that teams adjusted to beat us. As you know there were many years that was not the case. All in all it should be a great game, one would assume the over but you just never know. I have big concern with our o line. They tried to re tool it and the running game is at times very good. The issue is fat Andy has no commitment to the run, and Mahomes struggles as a pocket passer. If your ends hold containment he will get frustrated and make mistakes. McKinnon has been great at times and needs to be the starter over Edwards who was a waste of a first round pick. I don’t think my wife will watch it with me as I will be screaming at the tv. 

When you are the top dog, teams have to adjust if they are going to be able to beat you. You guys have been the AFC top dog for the last two years, so kudos to you. You earned it. 

I must admit to having had a bit of penis envy when you guys took our pick and Mahomes turned out to be who he is. It was just such a 'Billsy' thing at the time, that unless you have been a Mafia member for decades, you  might not understand the feeling. Having said that, I'm not sure Patrick would have been the Mahomes he is now, without having 'Fat Andy' to mentor him.

As you know, we rectified that by drafting the unicorn, Josh mutha &#%$ing Allen. So we are really happy with how it ultimately turned out.

Most of Bills Mafia is on a sugar high right now with the dismantling we just performed on the Evil Empire. It was long overdue but the way we beat them, made it all just about worth it. Being fans, we are going to enjoy it until maybe Friday, when we will turn our full focus towards you guys.

What Andy did with your offensive line in the off-season struck me as quite odd. I don't know that I have ever seen an entire starting Oline dismissed after a season. You guys have a couple nice pieces but as you say, there are concerns there. We have had issues of our own. The line up we started the season with had injuries and covid issues that caused us to not be able to put them on the field together much at all. I think it was around the Buccaneers game that we trotted out our current line up and they seem to be what we have been waiting for.

I don't know much about your guy Helaire other than it seems he is injured often. As for Mahomes struggling as a pocket passer, I don't know... I think I have seen him struggle more outside of the pocket this year than any previous. It used to be that he could throw from any body position and get the ball there. Whereas this year it seems he has lost some of that core strength that enabled him to be able to do that and a number of his passes are becoming errant when he attempts them.

I see you are now listed as a 'Chiefs Fan'.

:beer: 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The exorcism tour continues🪦

Bring on the Chiefs...

Then bring me the Titans... 

Then bring me Brady...

Then bring the city home the Lombardi after banishing every ghost left for the franchise. 

* I know a home AFCC game is best, but doesn’t fit the theme I’m going for * 

I mean, it’s not exactly the same thing, but I’d gladly wipe out any memories of the Ickey shuffle. 

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

When you are the top dog, teams have to adjust if they are going to be able to beat you. You guys have been the AFC top dog for the last two years, so kudos to you. You earned it. 

I must admit to having had a bit of penis envy when you guys took our pick and Mahomes turned out to be who he is. It was just such a 'Billsy' thing at the time, that unless you have been a Mafia member for decades, you  might not understand the feeling. Having said that, I'm not sure Patrick would have been the Mahomes he is now, without having 'Fat Andy' to mentor him.

As you know, we rectified that by drafting the unicorn, Josh mutha &#%$ing Allen. So we are really happy with how it ultimately turned out.

Most of Bills Mafia is on a sugar high right now with the dismantling we just performed on the Evil Empire. It was long overdue but the way we beat them, made it all just about worth it. Being fans, we are going to enjoy it until maybe Friday, when we will turn our full focus towards you guys.

What Andy did with your offensive line in the off-season struck me as quite odd. I don't know that I have ever seen an entire starting Oline dismissed after a season. you guys have a couple nice pieces but as you say, there are concerns there. We have had issues of our own. We line up we started the season with had injuries and covid issues that caused us to not be able to put them on the field together much at all. I think it was around the Buccaneers game that we trotted out our current line up and they seem to be what we have been waiting for.

I don't know much about your guy Helaire other than it seems he is injured often. As for Mahomes struggling as a pocket passer, I don't know... I think I have seen him struggle more outside of the pocket this year than any previous. It used to be that he could throw from any body position and get the ball there. Whereas this year it seems he has lost some of that core strength that enabled him to be able to do that and a number of his passes are becoming errant when he attempts them.

I see you are now listed as a 'Chiefs Fan'.

:beer: 

I certainly understand the hatred of the pats, and was hoping for more when you guys were pouring it on them. The two deep safeties have definitely given our offense trouble and Andy and the offense were slow to adjust. Imagine playing QB when you felt like you needed a touchdown on every play because your defense was horrid. The Ingram pickup was a game changer for us. Although he hasn’t filled up the stat sheet, the attitude he brought changed the defense. This game will be won and lost by the o lines. Who can protect the best. I think on an even field we have big issues. At home it may be even. If I were the bills I would chip Kelce off the line. When he gets thrown off he gets frustrated and disappears. If he is allowed free release he cannot be covered. I can’t believe people pick Kittle over him I don’t think it’s really close. I expect a touchdown game lit 31-24, I just don’t have any confidence it will be us on top. 

• Cheers 5

Deranged Rhino

This is going to be such a fun game. 

And by fun I mean: nauseating, nerve-wracking, heart attack educing, booze-stabilized viewing experience. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is going to be such a fun game. 

And by fun I mean: nauseating, nerve-wracking, heart attack educing, booze-stabilized viewing experience. 

You got that right.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

I certainly understand the hatred of the pats, and was hoping for more when you guys were pouring it on them. The two deep safeties have definitely given our offense trouble and Andy and the offense were slow to adjust. Imagine playing QB when you felt like you needed a touchdown on every play because your defense was horrid. The Ingram pickup was a game changer for us. Although he hasn’t filled up the stat sheet, the attitude he brought changed the defense. This game will be won and lost by the o lines. Who can protect the best. I think on an even field we have big issues. At home it may be even. If I were the bills I would chip Kelce off the line. When he gets thrown off he gets frustrated and disappears. If he is allowed free release he cannot be covered. I can’t believe people pick Kittle over him I don’t think it’s really close. I expect a touchdown game lit 31-24, I just don’t have any confidence it will be us on top. 

Now this is the kind of “enemy” fan that can stick around here for a long time. @Aloyouis should take a few notes. Solid, objective analysis. I look forward to more!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 5

2 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Teams definitely need to adjust for you all and the weapons you have.  No way we're going to approach you all the same way we approached NE, defensively.  Against NE, we ran a 4-3 a lot of the game.  I expect a nickel base against the Chiefs, with the d-line rushing contain and trying to tighten the pocket as much as possible.  I also think we'll see a LB near the LOS spying Mahomes and watching for McKinnon or Edwards.  Kelce is a pain in the ass, no other way to put it and I think is the guy we need to commit to taking away.  It will be a good game and I'm nervous about it already.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hopefully Daboll's not all distracted.

I'm sure he will have all the donuts he wants available to him, so that won't be a problem.  If you're referring to coaching interviews, I think he had one yesterday and don't think he has any more this week.

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hopefully Daboll's not all distracted.

If he is offered the Miami job, all he would do this week is watch 2 of the best young QBs in the League and wonder what kind of mess he might be getting himself into with Tua....

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Now this is the kind of “enemy” fan that can stick around here for a long time. @Aloyouis should take a few notes. Solid, objective analysis. I look forward to more!

I have been a Chiefs fan since I was little. Watched my first game at Arrowhead in the mid seventies. All that excitement and Pittsburgh beat us 45-0.  So scoring 5 td’s in 11 minutes last night against Ben was fine by me. Suffered through years of Marty ball and a 12-4 regular season and no Super Bowls. Remember a game in Buffalo when we couldn’t get it done with Montana. I know Mahomes is not a guy other teams like, and can be a little cocky, but he is by all accounts a pretty good guy that plays with a lot of sandlot in him. But he is amazing at times. It is his brother and fiancé that need to go away. I love watching Allen play and am already knotted up about Sunday night. But if we lose, which is a real possibility, I will certainly hope you win it all. I can’t even handle the Chiefs board, too many arrogant idiots that really don’t understand football.

Edited by Carptom1
  • Like 4
  • Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

I can’t even handle the Chiefs board, too many arrogant idiots that really don’t understand football.

Being a fan doesn't guarantee critical thinking skills.🤣

That said, most of us here understand what you are saying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

So scoring 5 td’s in 11 minutes last night against Ben was fine by me.

Was that really what it was? I fell asleep for a little while. When I woke up and saw the score, I thought considerable time had elapsed and went back to sleep since it was over for all intents and purposes. I guess I really wasn't asleep all that long...

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Was that really what it was? I fell asleep for a little while. When I woke up and saw the score, I thought considerable time had elapsed and went back to sleep since it was over for all intents and purposes. I guess I really wasn't asleep all that long...

it was actually ten and a half minutes of game time. Went from 7-0 Steelers to 35-7 Chiefs in that time. Quickest 5 td passes ever. To call it an explosion doesn’t do it justice.

• Like 3