Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City: Divisional Round Playoffs Game Week Thread

Ann

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

it was actually ten and a half minutes of game time. Went from 7-0 Steelers to 35-7 Chiefs in that time. Quickest 5 td passes ever. To call it an explosion doesn’t do it justice.

It’s going to be a really fun week leading up to the game because of that too. It was always going to be hyped, two great teams facing off does that, but with both Josh and Mahomes putting up historic performances in the wild card round before they collide, it will only make the hype bigger. 

And I can’t wait. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It’s going to be a really fun week leading up to the game because of that too. It was always going to be hyped, two great teams facing off does that, but with both Josh and Mahomes putting up historic performances in the wild card round before they collide, it will only make the hype bigger. 

And I can’t wait. 

agreed. I told my wife it seemed like fat Andy was trying to have Mahomes get td passes so he could equal what Allen did. Both were amazing. It gives all the idiots like Nick Wright something to talk about.

• Like 4

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

agreed. I told my wife it seemed like fat Andy was trying to have Mahomes get td passes so he could equal what Allen did. Both were amazing. It gives all the idiots like Nick Wright something to talk about.

Yup, I had a similar thought. "Anything you can do, we can do better" -- and I love that kind of competitiveness. Since they're out of the division, and since the trade worked out well in the end between the two clubs that got you guys Mahomes (and eventually helped get us Allen), I've always liked seeing the Chiefs win against anyone else but Buffalo. Now that this could be the conference defining rivalry for the next half decade or more, I'm beyond pumped. 

Both these teams are fun to watch and root for. Both have really amazing fan bases. It should be a heck of a game, one of the rare times where the pre-game hype was undersold. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

I certainly understand the hatred of the pats, and was hoping for more when you guys were pouring it on them.

Just a minor comment here.

FYI they want you guys to go down, hard. They don't care who it is that defeats you but, they can't stand the thought of you (or anyone for that matter I would presume) possibly having a dynasty. They think Chiefs fans are the worst. For reals, I read exactly that on a *Patriots board.

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

I have been a Chiefs fan since I was little. Watched my first game at Arrowhead in the mid seventies. All that excitement and Pittsburgh beat us 45-0.  So scoring 5 td’s in 11 minutes last night against Ben was fine by me. Suffered through years of Marty ball and a 12-4 regular season and no Super Bowls. Remember a game in Buffalo when we couldn’t get it done with Montana. I know Mahomes is not a guy other teams like, and can be a little cocky, but he is by all accounts a pretty good guy that plays with a lot of sandlot in him. But he is amazing at times. It is his brother and fiancé that need to go away. I love watching Allen play and am already knotted up about Sunday night. But if we lose, which is a real possibility, I will certainly hope you win it all. I can’t even handle the Chiefs board, too many arrogant idiots that really don’t understand football.

Years ago I dated a girl from KC and would fly from CA to spend the weekend. Chief fans are rabid like Bills fans. I remember houses lit up for Christmas and people using lights to make arrowheads on their roofs. 

This was back when a popular KC vs. Raiders phrase was "It ain't over 'til it's Vanover."

So...a long effin' time ago.

8 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

It is flattering that teams adjusted to beat us. As you know there were many years that was not the case. All in all it should be a great game, one would assume the over but you just never know. I have big concern with our o line. They tried to re tool it and the running game is at times very good. The issue is fat Andy has no commitment to the run, and Mahomes struggles as a pocket passer. If your ends hold containment he will get frustrated and make mistakes. McKinnon has been great at times and needs to be the starter over Edwards who was a waste of a first round pick. I don’t think my wife will watch it with me as I will be screaming at the tv. 

"no commitment to the run".  Sounds familiar on this side.  Until very recently. 

I've been an Andy Reid fan for quite a while and have enjoyed and respected the Chiefs success at least until last year's AFC champ game.  Bills should have been the 1 seed this year but for a few awful headscratcher games, but Chiefs can probably say the same.  

It should be a good one Sunday night.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1

I wish Tre White were healthy for this one.

I think this game is going to be a barnburner. I love the way our Bills are playing, and yet I’m 100% nervous about this one — because it’s the playoffs.  There were a couple games that I had a dread feeling about during this season. I don’t quite have that feeling except for the fact that there’s no tomorrow after a loss here.  I think this might be the toughest test in the path.

And I think rational KC fans might be feeling the same way.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

I have been a Chiefs fan since I was little. Watched my first game at Arrowhead in the mid seventies. All that excitement and Pittsburgh beat us 45-0.  So scoring 5 td’s in 11 minutes last night against Ben was fine by me. Suffered through years of Marty ball and a 12-4 regular season and no Super Bowls. Remember a game in Buffalo when we couldn’t get it done with Montana. I know Mahomes is not a guy other teams like, and can be a little cocky, but he is by all accounts a pretty good guy that plays with a lot of sandlot in him. But he is amazing at times. It is his brother and fiancé that need to go away. I love watching Allen play and am already knotted up about Sunday night. But if we lose, which is a real possibility, I will certainly hope you win it all. I can’t even handle the Chiefs board, too many arrogant idiots that really don’t understand football.

Here's a little Joe Montana story from years ago.  Bills - Chiefs roughly 1993 played in Buffalo.  Regular season game.  Bruce smith sacks Joe and Joe is out of the game.  I was in the press box that day (only time that happened).  Mrs. Joe was sitting in the visiting owner's box just in front of where I was sitting.  Myself and a friend noticed her well before the game started.  Impeccably dressed in a short black skirt and she walked around a bit.  An actress at the time. When Joe got crunched she got up and was stomping around looking quite unhappy.  She seemed to be angry at the refs at what (at least then) was a perfectly legal hit.  She was really pissed and a bit foul mouthed.  Not a good look given the setting.  Today that would have been all over social media, but she was spared the exposure.  

Edited by Ninety-4

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Just a minor comment here.

FYI they want you guys to go down, hard. They don't care who it is that defeats you but, they can't stand the thought of you (or anyone for that matter I would presume) possibly having a dynasty. They think Chiefs fans are the worst. For reals, I read exactly that on a *Patriots board.

That doesn’t surprise me. Pats fans are about as arrogant as they come. Lots of bandwagon Brady ball washers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Years ago I dated a girl from KC and would fly from CA to spend the weekend. Chief fans are rabid like Bills fans. I remember houses lit up for Christmas and people using lights to make arrowheads on their roofs. 

This was back when a popular KC vs. Raiders phrase was "It ain't over 'til it's Vanover."

So...a long effin' time ago.

Vanover was fun to watch, another NFL career cut short by being a criminal with his buddy Bam Morris. That was the time of Marty ball. He hated the Raiders and Taught us all to hate them too

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

I wish Tre White were healthy for this one.

I think this game is going to be a barnburner. I love the way our Bills are playing, and yet I’m 100% nervous about this one — because it’s the playoffs.  There were a couple games that I had a dread feeling about during this season. I don’t quite have that feeling except for the fact that there’s no tomorrow after a loss here.  I think this might be the toughest test in the path.

And I think rational KC fans might be feeling the same way.

You would think after finally winning one after 50 years that wouldn’t be the case. But it is. I would rather be playing either of the other two teams Sunday. We will beat Cincy given another chance and Tennessee is not that good. This is the AFC championship game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

You would think after finally winning one after 50 years that wouldn’t be the case. But it is. I would rather be playing either of the other two teams Sunday. We will beat Cincy given another chance and Tennessee is not that good. This is the AFC championship game

Good luck. Though I hope this is our year.

12 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Here's a little Joe Montana story from years ago.  Bills - Chiefs roughly 1993 played in Buffalo.  Regular season game.  Bruce smith sacks Joe and Joe is out of the game.  I was in the press box that day (only time that happened).  Mrs. Joe was sitting in the visiting owner's box just in front of where I was sitting.  Myself and a friend noticed her well before the game started.  Impeccably dressed in a short black skirt and she walked around a bit.  An actress at the time. When Joe got crunched she got up and was stomping around looking quite unhappy.  See seemed to be angry at the refs at what (at least then) was a perfectly legal hit.  She was really pissed and a bit foul mouthed.  Not a good look given the setting.  Today that would have been all over social media, but she was spared the exposure.  

Yes I remember. She never wanted to come to the cowtown Kansas City and talked shit on the restaurants here. Listen if you can’t appreciate some ribs from Lc’s or burnt ends from Brickyard you can take your overrated ass back to San Francisco where you belong. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

Yes I remember. She never wanted to come to the cowtown Kansas City and talked shit on the restaurants here. Listen if you can’t appreciate some ribs from Lc’s or burnt ends from Brickyard you can take your overrated ass back to San Francisco where you belong. 😆

Well then she certainly didn't want to spend a weekend in Buffalo either.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

I have been to a lot of opposing team's stadiums...and the Arrowhead experience is BY FAR the closest thing to Buffalo.  I've never been treated better by an opposing fanbase, from pregame all the way through to post.  Great fans, very classy.

• Like 6