Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Russia Russia Russia

RkFast

On 1/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If that force enters the Sea of Azov, or approaches Kherson (on the lower Dnepr, where it would screen the flank of a thrust out of the Isthmus of Perekop towards Zaporozhye), consider that a war warning.  Otherwise, this 'phib force is useless.

Current Russian dispositions don't support a full invasion, but a limited incursion into eastern Ukraine towards Zaporozhye, Dnepropetrovsk, and Kharkiv.   And I'm sure Biden has been told that, which is why he was wishy-washy about responding to a "limited incursion" in his press conference.

As most of us would say, where? 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Check a map.

LOL. I did actually. Just pointing out what most don't know. I was talking to a 2nd year University student a few weeks ago that had no clue what U.S.S.R was. Of course we have trained a generation to forget history. 

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

LOL. I did actually. Just pointing out what most don't know. I was talking to a 2nd year University student a few weeks ago that had no clue what U.S.S.R was. Of course we have trained a generation to forget history. 

That's a feature, not a bug

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

This isn't just about invading the Ukraine, BTW.  Putin wants NATO forces pulled back to where they were in 1997 - basically, all NATO forces out of Eastern Europe/former Warsaw Pact countries; no NATO forces or bases east of Germany.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is another line of demarcation per what people in the business tell me. The US, more so than NATO at this point, seems convinced it's going down soon. 

Odd time to do it.  Even with modern infrastructure, the Russians don't call the spring and fall the "time without roads" without reason.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

INTERACTIVE-Possible-Russian-invasion-ro

This, basically.  

As usual, al Jazeera shames US media coverage.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

As usual, al Jazeera shames US media coverage.

Thats because US media outlets are just marketing branches of the DNC

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, devnull said:

Thats because US media outlets are just marketing branches of the DNC

Most of them.  Fox is the RNC's marketing branch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

Not as much anymore

RNC is kinda torn between Trumpers & the Old Guard.  Fox seems to lean Old Guard.

Kind of like how MSNBC seems to be Loony Left & CNN is more Establishment DNC.

Stinks that there are no "major" news organizations that don't root for a side.  Would like the media to hold everyone's feet to the fire.  Man, do we ever need another Tim Russert.  He was a D, but he didn't just nod when a D tried to spread manure.

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
6 hours ago, Taro T said:

RNC is kinda torn between Trumpers & the Old Guard.  Fox seems to lean Old Guard.

Stinks that there are no "major" news organizations that don't root for a side.  Would like the media to hold everyone's feet to the fire.  Man, do we ever need another Tim Russert.  He was a D, but he didn't just nod when a D tried to spread manure.

Yeah, the days of more impartial news were nice

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

As previously discussed, there's Al Jazeera. Which while they don't tend to root for either D or R, they do tend to lean towards Death to America

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, devnull said:

As previously discussed, there's Al Jazeera. Which while they don't tend to root for either D or R, they do tend to lean towards Death to America

They don't even, really.  They don't even lean "Death to Israel" too much.  

I'd suggest they're even less "Death to America" than Jacobin Magazine.

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This isn't just about invading the Ukraine, BTW.  Putin wants NATO forces pulled back to where they were in 1997 - basically, all NATO forces out of Eastern Europe/former Warsaw Pact countries; no NATO forces or bases east of Germany.  

Funny part is though, Putin is playing them all and when he invades Ukraine he will use their non-compliance to his demands as the reason behind it. 

Speaking of which, could it be that Putin just wants the old USSR back together again? While it's not in the MSM, I'm seeing on "other sites" that some other countries in the former Soviet block are in blackouts

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
57 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Funny part is though, Putin is playing them all and when he invades Ukraine he will use their non-compliance to his demands as the reason behind it. 

Speaking of which, could it be that Putin just wants the old USSR back together again? While it's not in the MSM, I'm seeing on "other sites" that some other countries in the former Soviet block are in blackouts

He may not invade.  The US/NATO presence in Eastern Europe has always been controversial to both sides (witness the BMD debate from almost 20 years ago), and Russia in general (and Putin in particular) has not wanted western influence in what has historically been perceived as Russia's sphere of influence (going back to before the US was even formed.

And he knows what he has in the Biden administration.  An administration that, as likely as not, will give up basing rights in Eastern Europe (e.g. Aegis Ashore in Romania and Poland) for the chance to crow about "averting war."  The Biden administration will happily take a "peace in our time" victory before the mid-terms, at the expense of NATO and Eastern Europe.

Why do you think Putin waited this long to do this?  Biden's predictable - he's the inheritor of an Obama foreign policy that saw Obama abandon his Syria policy (i.e. the "red line") in Russia's favor.  Biden will blink first.  Trump...who the hell knows what he would have done?  Not given up Eastern Europe, for sure.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He may not invade.  The US/NATO presence in Eastern Europe has always been controversial to both sides (witness the BMD debate from almost 20 years ago), and Russia in general (and Putin in particular) has not wanted western influence in what has historically been perceived as Russia's sphere of influence (going back to before the US was even formed.

And he knows what he has in the Biden administration.  An administration that, as likely as not, will give up basing rights in Eastern Europe (e.g. Aegis Ashore in Romania and Poland) for the chance to crow about "averting war."  The Biden administration will happily take a "peace in our time" victory before the mid-terms, at the expense of NATO and Eastern Europe.

Why do you think Putin waited this long to do this?  Biden's predictable - he's the inheritor of an Obama foreign policy that saw Obama abandon his Syria policy (i.e. the "red line") in Russia's favor.  Biden will blink first.  Trump...who the hell knows what he would have done?  Not given up Eastern Europe, for sure.  

So re-establishing the boundaries of the  former Soviet Union without firing a shot. What a deal! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cinga said:

So re-establishing the boundaries of the  former Soviet Union without firing a shot. What a deal! 

Works for me. Im in the Tucker camp. Could not GIVE A ISHT LESS if the old Soviet states fall under Russian influence. And I certainly dont want to see Ukraine join NATO and see the US subject to Article 5 and having to defend them militarily one day in the future.

I understand this is simplistic reasoning. But I can see NYC if I climb on my roof and Id rather not see a few mushroom clouds over it one day because we had to go fight for F-ing Ukraine. This is not the UK. This is not Germany. This is Ukraine. A country that had been under the Russian "sphere of influence" for hundreds of years (and STILL is culturally...they are all Slavs) until about five minutes ago. 

Im sure the much smarter here (i.e. all of you) can provide a better analysis of the situation. 

Edited by RkFast