Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Harsh and not really true.

I wish you were wrong but I don’t think so.  Of course it’s harsh but it’s how I feel.  

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Back to back division titles, back to back playoff runs (3/4 years) -- and 13 seconds away from a home AFCG. 

The window isn't closing, it's just opened. 

Take a few breaths. The overreaction will pass. :beer: 

A talent like JA has to win a super bowl.  It would be a shame as someone like him only comes once in a lifetime.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Yep. Unfortunately not kicking it into the endzone was probably the right play there but would KC have just taken a knee regardless?

But they’d have been inside the 10.

Just now, Meazza said:

I wish you were wrong but I don’t think so.  Of course it’s harsh but it’s how I feel.  

Then stop watching.   I mean, if it's a fatal issue then why bother? 

There is nothing in the world more tiring than constant fatalists.   Try enjoying the journey. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Boo 1

21 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  That 3d and 1 late that went to Kelsey….Poyer had to come up at least 10 yards to make the tackle.  Why that deep on 3d and 1?

They routinely left Kelce and Hill wide open.  What was the plan, have 5 DBs sit 30 yards down field to stop a deep pass?  Well, that failed because all Mahomes had to do was connect with Kelce, Hill, Hardman, or whoever for 10 yards and they got 10-15 YAC.  Kind of a big play there.  Oh, and Taron Johnson and Levi Wallace probably couldn't cover even me out there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Meazza said:

I mean I'm not sure how anyone who's lived through wide right, MCM and now 13 seconds could think otherwise.

They "built the defense to stop KC."

What did they force, two punts?

Nouseforaname
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Then stop watching.   I mean, if it's a fatal issue then why bother? 

There is nothing in the world more tiring than constant fatalists.   Try enjoying the journey. 

I’ve tried but I keep getting pulled back in.

16 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just shut up.  Seriously.

You can be such a &#%$ing bitch.

Seriously.

This was one of the most epic games of all time. Yes, the 13 seconds bit sucked, and there's a lot to second guess, but sonofabitch if Josh Allen isn't an effin' superstar. If we're lucky, Frazier goes to Chicago and we upgrade the defensive tackling.

But I'm not hanging my head or losing my shit over this. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 5

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Back to back division titles, back to back playoff runs (3/4 years) -- and 13 seconds away from a home AFCG. 

The window isn't closing, it's just opened. 

Take a few breaths. The overreaction will pass. :beer: 

We talked about it briefly yesterday but ... Maybe, hopefully we will not sleep walk through the season next year and understand how important homefield is for the playoffs.

Earn it and maybe that will help change the result.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Seriously.

This was one of the most epic games of all time. Yes, the 13 seconds bit sucked, and there's a lot to second guess, but sonofabitch if Josh Allen isn't an effin' superstar. If we're lucky, Frazier goes to Chicago and we upgrade the defensive tackling.

But I'm not hanging my head or losing my shit over this. 

They were 13 seconds away from having a home afc championship game. It’s really hard not to.

23 minutes ago, Ann said:

It isn't that they lost so much, it is how they lost. The defense needed to cover them for 3 plays, 13 seconds, and the Bills were hosting the AFC championship game. The offense was outstanding. The defense came up very small.

This^^^.  The way they lost was inexcusable.  A true #1 defense would stop even an explosive team like KC from driving 75 yards with 13 seconds.  Not this D, go to extreme prevent which prevented us from winning.  That is who Frazier is - a scared, timid coach who can't keep up with a multi dimensional offense.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Meazza said:

A talent like josh Allen is wasted in a team like the bills .

That’s just the truth.

Ridiculous. This team is incredible, and it will continue to improve and have it's chance in the SB. 

Look around the NFL. The two best teams in the entire league played tonight, and no one is even close. Not even Cincy, as you'll see next week.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Not necessarily With Tyreek the Freak, but it would have made more sense.

What certainly didn’t make sense was playing a TD prevent defense when they needed a FG prevent defense.

Honestly, I’ll eventually feel ok about it as long as Daboll and Frazier go.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

What certainly didn’t make sense was playing a TD prevent defense when they needed a FG prevent defense.

Honestly, I’ll eventually feel ok about it as long as Daboll and Frazier go.

I'm not annoyed with Daboll, surprisingly.

I'm tired of Frazier being employed and wondering if maybe McDermott won't ever get it done

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

You left off "smarter".  49 had his typical terrible game.

He's basically Maholmes/Reid's puppet.

I really hate the way he's being used in this scheme.  It neither serves Edmunds or the team well.  He is basically a big DB out there, who also struggles to diagnose plays close to the LOS when he needs to.  Definitely not a MLB.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1