Jump to content

2022 Bills offseason


4merper4mer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Too soon?

 

What I’d like to see:

 

 

Losses:  To be clear I pretty much like everyone on the team because to a man they seem like team players. That is underrated in my book.  I’m not calling for a single player’s head.  We’ll lose some due to salary cap and age.  My best guesses are Jerry,….bummer on that, Star, Sanders, Trubisky, Klein, Addison, Butler and probably an OL somewhere.

 

Emerging players already on the roster?  I under the radar love our safety depth.  Hodgins?  Wade lol?  I am encouraged with Brown and even Doyle the last 6 weeks.  Getting 27 back ASAP obviously is important.  Say your prayers.

 

Free agency: Legit stud receiver like Robinson.  Not sure we can afford this but work that magic Beane.  If we get someone like that to replace Sanders then look out.  OL depth. A little CB depth…one smart under the radar pickup somewhere.  Various and sundry other depth.  Backup QB somewhere.  Whoever it is better not see the field.  I don’t see some 5th round rookie being our backup.  Fitz would be classic but not happening.  It’s too early to get Darnold cheap.  

 

Draft:  For me a legit athletic CB prospect makes the most sense early if the above scenarios prove true.  Then 2 interior OL and maybe LB.  Best available after that.  I’d love to see us draft a punter believe it or not.  Find a guy that can pin kicks like Haack but also boom them like Bojo without being an idiot half the time.  6th or 7th and get the punting version of Bass.

 

I say feel it out from there and be ready to be aggressive at the trade deadline.  Some top end pass rusher will probably be available.  I don’t want some douche attention seeker at any position.

 

With all of that said I am flummoxed as to what to do about RB.  I really like motor and am fine with Moss but neither strike fear.  I don’t relish the idea of drafting one.  It would be awesome to pick up a semi under the radar FA a la what James Conner was for Az but that seems unlikely.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Star's opt out last year and pre-mature extension by Beane the year before, Star will be back and I hate the thought of that.  His dead cap will be greater than his cap space hit.  Ultimately, I would like to see the Bills get a big body, monster 1TDT to actually take up two blockers and stop the run up the middle.  Neither Star or Harry offer that, but unfortunately that might have to wait.  Zimmer will probably be back and is better suited for the 3TDT spot.  Butler is gone, and I'm fairly confident of that.  

 

Another CB is probably in the cards.  Wallace is depth and should not be starting.  Let the drafted CB compete with Dane Jackson to start in the CB2 spot.

 

I'd like to see an actual MLB drafted and Edmunds moved to OLB.  If Frazier is back, and I will bang my head against the wall, this is not likely.  Klein is probably gone, what a waste of a signing since they used him very little, yet was paid as a starter.

 

I think Morse is gone (FA) as is Darryl Willams to get rid of his contract as it would make sense from a cap perspective.  They will have to draft/acquire a center, as well as at least one guard.  Get stronger, more physical interior olinemen as the current crop get pushed around too often.

 

i don't think WR is a glaring position of need, though I can see them taking one mid draft.  Bring back Diggs, Gabe, McKenzie, and Beasley if possible.  Sanders is gone as well he should be, very little good came of him.

 

I doubt they draft a DE.  Back are AJE, Groot, Basham, Obada.  They also claimed Shaq Lawson a few weeks ago, which I'm glad since he was becoming a very good DE before he left for Miami.  Hopefully Beane can get him signed and the deal finalized so he can start fresh next year.  Hughes and Addison are gone - thankfully.  Hughes is a shell of his former self and Addison is JAG.

 

I think they keep Singletary and Zack Moss.  Not the greatest RBs and don't have the best vision, but they can be very productive.  Fix the Oline and the RBs get much better.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rid ourselves of Frazier. Job one. 

 

Draft someone to replace Edmunds and wallace. Job two.

 

Ditch Emmanuel sanders. Job three.

 

Cut Jerry Hughes. Job four.

 

Try not to gag like a cheap hooker and lose to the likes of Jacksonville

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retain our secondary.

 

Extend Oliver.

 

Offer a team friendly contact to Edmunds. He takes it or he walks.

 

Draft 1TDT Jordan Davis. Do it. Spend whatever draft capital is necessary.

 

Extend Isiah McKenzie. He’s going to have a 1000 yard season for whoever he plays for.

 

Pay Klein. 2 year deal.

 

2 year team friendly, incentive laden, deal for Jerry. This team needs a veteran presence like his in the DL room. He should be Kyle’d by the org. He’s earned it. Plus Addison is over the hill and this room is so young otherwise.

 

Kick the tires on a new punter, but this isn’t the highest priority.

 

For God’s sake bring in a real return man.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Offer a team friendly contact to Edmunds. He takes it or he walks.

 

Draft 1TDT Jordan Davis. Do it. Spend whatever draft capital is necessary.

 

2 year team friendly, incentive laden, deal for Jerry. This team needs a veteran presence like his in the DL room. He should be Kyle’d by the org. He’s earned it. Plus Addison is over the hill and this room is so young otherwise.

 

 

Good with everything but these three.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

For God’s sake bring in a real return man.

 

Yes. ST was a weak link this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bills' free agents.

 

image.png.3b1a1777311b351adbab7cced0d26a82.png

 

Aside from McKenzie and Phillips, I wouldn't miss anyone else terribly.  Would be nice to keep Hughes and Boettger, but I feel as though they're luxuries at this point.  

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Bills' free agents.

 

image.png.3b1a1777311b351adbab7cced0d26a82.png

 

Aside from McKenzie and Phillips, I wouldn't miss anyone else terribly.  Would be nice to keep Hughes and Boettger, but I feel as though they're luxuries at this point.  

 

From that list, I'd keep Boettger, Wallace, McKenzie, Phillips and Bates. Maybe Neal. the rest can go.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Bills' free agents.

 

image.png.3b1a1777311b351adbab7cced0d26a82.png

 

Aside from McKenzie and Phillips, I wouldn't miss anyone else terribly.  Would be nice to keep Hughes and Boettger, but I feel as though they're luxuries at this point.  


Bates must be resigned. The difference in the o-line once Bates became a part of it is staggering.

I'd also like them to resign McKenzie, Hughes, Boettger, and Wallace.

  • Like 4
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do we do with Zack Moss? I feel like he's a liability when he's out there.

 

We can't go through a season with Singletary alone. Maybe draft a replacement?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joe said:

What do we do with Zack Moss? I feel like he's a liability when he's out there.

 

We can't go through a season with Singletary alone. Maybe draft a replacement?

 


 I would be surprised if they don't draft a RB. Hopefully Frazier gets signed as a HC and we can use that third for a RB.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ann said:


 I would be surprised if they don't draft a RB. Hopefully Frazier gets signed as a HC and we can use that third for a RB.

Your lips to God's ears.

 

I'm not even entirely sold on Singletary. But I'm willing to extend him  on a team friendly deal when the time comes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever is done, this team needs a better, more reliable running game that does not include Josh Allen as the primary threat.  Sure -- take what the defense gives and slide.  Just please devise a way to reduce the designed QB runs.

 

I keep hearing how Allen will be our guy for another decade.  Well not if he's got to punish himself multiple times every game.  He's still young and probably has some rubber left in his bones, but that's not going to last much longer.  It isn't like asking Lamar Jackson or Cam Newton to stop running.  Difference is, Josh can still win it with his arm.

 

I also think the biggest difference in this season for the Offense started in the second half of the Tampa Bay game when we finally started to run Singletary and it set up everything else we wanted to do in the passing game for the remainder of the season.  And it worked and got better each game.

 

There's not much this team needs to do in order to maintain this high level of offense.  Focus needs to be on the Defensive side.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, snafu said:

Whatever is done, this team needs a better, more reliable running game that does not include Josh Allen as the primary threat.  Sure -- take what the defense gives and slide.  Just please devise a way to reduce the designed QB runs.

 

I keep hearing how Allen will be our guy for another decade.  Well not if he's got to punish himself multiple times every game.  He's still young and probably has some rubber left in his bones, but that's not going to last much longer.  It isn't like asking Lamar Jackson or Cam Newton to stop running.  Difference is, Josh can still win it with his arm.

 

I also think the biggest difference in this season for the Offense started in the second half of the Tampa Bay game when we finally started to run Singletary and it set up everything else we wanted to do in the passing game for the remainder of the season.  And it worked and got better each game.

 

There's not much this team needs to do in order to maintain this high level of offense.  Focus needs to be on the Defensive side.

 

 

The run game kind of fixed itself by simply involving motor more in the game plan towards the end of the season IMO. Running stronger, catching better, and continues to improve. Mixed feelings on Allen running the football. Knowing how Josh Allen feels personally and how gifted he is at running. Combined with excellent body control learned from martial arts training. Josh Allen has done a great job dishing out punishment vs taking it, when he runs.

 

I get where your coming from though, keep Allen healthy and the Bills will become champions. Its just a matter of time. Josh Allen is that good. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines