Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills offseason

4merper4mer

On 2/21/2022 at 12:52 PM, Core Four said:

This is interesting.  Beasley doesn't have much time left, maybe 2-3 years tops as he is 32.  Kirk is a lot younger and can fill the slot role, which he seemed to do in AZ.  Get rid of Beasley this year and save a net $6M in cap space.  Per Spotrac, Kirk's projected value is $11.8 AAV, which I would guess is a little high.  

Kirk's value on Spotrac: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/christian-kirk-25146/market-value/

Beasley's current contract on Spotrac: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-10318/

Getting Beasley to Buffalo is probably Beane's most underrated move.  He was instrumental in getting Josh outta "hero ball" by giving him a constant reliable option underneath.  Watching Josh chop up both the Patriots and Chiefs in the post season throwing some short passes on time to guys who were able to pick up additional yards opened up the rest of the passing game as each game evolved...just like it used to do for Brady.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

One of the reasons my football opinions took a lot of heat ATOP is because I placed a premium on culture, and there was a lot of "Screw that, I want to win."

I don't care how good you are, when you use words like "It's time to get Mr. INT paid," you're a hard pass for me, you selfish cocksucker. Find another way to get your message across, preferably like you didn't just walk of the SB Halftime stage with your pants hanging around your ankles.

CB J.C. Jackson says it's time to get paid by NE*.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

25 minutes ago, Ann said:

$17M for a guy that can't cover Stefon Diggs and sees him twice a year!? Yeah, ok.

It doesn't help that the CB position is overvalued.  I'm not sure there is any one CB that would even largely shut down a WR2, let alone WR1.  I wouldn't give JC Jackson anywhere near that kind of money.

7 hours ago, Ann said:

$17M for a guy that can't cover Stefon Diggs and sees him twice a year!? Yeah, ok.

In fairness, there isn't a man alive that can over Diggs regularly with JA throwing to him.

While the "chemistry" angle can't be over-valued, I'm always cautious to consider how guys are being sold to us by the media.  Diggs was tossed under the bus as a pariah and he's been nothing short of the most important guy in JA17's ascension to the throne.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

In fairness, there isn't a man alive that can over Diggs regularly with JA throwing to him.

While the "chemistry" angle can't be over-valued, I'm always cautious to consider how guys are being sold to us by the media.  Diggs was tossed under the bus as a pariah and he's been nothing short of the most important guy in JA17's ascension to the throne.

If he's that good with Allen at QB, imagine how much better he'd be with a QB who didn't run so much and threw him the ball more.

Josh Allen is holding this team back.  

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Gibbs has saved a lot of lives in his short tenure with the Bills. 

See the source image

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If he's that good with Allen at QB, imagine how much better he'd be with a QB who didn't run so much and threw him the ball more.

Josh Allen is holding this team back.  

I would say, "Finally, someone said it", but it took me nearly a week to read it so seems wrong. 

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

https://www.courselounge.com/speed-reading-course/

Try some of these, might get that reading time down to two or three days.

What I need is to see an eye dr. 50 to 51 has not been good to the ole eyes. Funny thing is I went to a private school and one of the things we had to do is read through a machine. Slide the paper in and we were forced to read at the speed of the feed. All I think that did is help me jump to conclusions too quickly. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:40 AM, Ann said:

Thoughts? It would not surprise me.

thoughts.jpg.339d24c55639e307d7cf400d3ecda445.jpg

This is a bad take.  Feliciano isn't a good o-lineman.  He may have the ability to play both OG and C, but he's just not very good.

14 hours ago, Core Four said:

This is a bad take.  Feliciano isn't a good o-lineman.  He may have the ability to play both OG and C, but he's just not very good.

He may have the ability to speak both German and French but that pales in his mastery of gibberish. 

Deranged Rhino
On 1/26/2022 at 11:52 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

For me: 

Love to resign:

* Phillips

* McKenzie

* Bates

These are cheap keepers for teams and depth that I want to see back:

* Jones

* Neal

Then, if there's a way to do it that doesn't prevent them from bringing in help at IOL/CB/Pass Rush:

* Hughes (on a team deal if he's willing)

Draft a CB, IOL, Pass Rush, WR depth (this said knowing NOTHING about the quality of this year's draft)

Find a FA playmaker (either WR or Pass Rush) who wants to chase a ring on a friendly deal. Robinson is at the top of my list, his catch radius with Josh would be unstoppable in the red zone - but I think he'll be too pricey. Someone like Godwin, coming off an injury but young enough for a prove it deal on a contender, would be a thrill in this offense.

One down... I love Beane.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

He can,

but he gets blown up pretty frequently

It's hard to double as an NFL lineman and Yabba the Mutt's blow up doll. Too easy to get deflated.