Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Offseason : For the Bills it's here!

RochesterRob

So, what do we need for players?  I know the combines have not happened yet.  Replacement(s) for Daboll and Frazier?  Last fall for the first time in quite a while I did not have an eye on college football so I am not sure who is a cut above the rest in terms of being a pro prospect.  Edmunds to the outside and his replacement?  Did the OL show enough in the last week that we do not need a player out of need.  Do we look for an RB to make Allen's life easier or is that reducing the effectiveness of our offense?  Opinions please.

Edited by RochesterRob

In my mind, Frazier HAS to go. He's simply not good. Maybe we'll get lucky and some other franchise will take him.

We need someone that will bring an aggressive mindset.

• Like 1

I don't think we need to overreact, a lot of emotional hot takes out and about at the moment.

This team is likely to look quite a bit different next year just due to, turnover, coaching changes, salary cap and the draft. We played what may be the Super Bowl champion in their house and went toe-to-toe with them. Were it not for a mental kick-off error, we were :13 seconds away from hosting the AFCCG.

Beer__League__Hockey

No way they dump Frazier, not the McD way.  I would be willing to explore it, but I doubt much would change.  This is McD's defensive baby, he owns it.  McD has to evaluate front 7 D players better, end of story.  Maybe Beane can help him evolve on that front.

Daboll may very well end up at NYG, we'll see.

We need to hope Frazier ends up elsewhere.  I don't see McD firing him, though it is warranted, and not just because of the Divisional Round game (though this should weigh heavily on McD.)  McD needs to re-think his approach to multi dimensional teams like KC and Tennessee, as well as physical teams like the Colts.  Small and athletic on either line doesn't work, especially in the middle of the line (guards, center, DTs).  Also, treating the MLB like a big safety does not yield the fruit that Frazier, and possibly McD, thinks it does.  A shift in philosophy is certainly in order, though I thought the same thing after the AFCCG loss a year ago.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Someone read the tea leaves on this:

No need to read the tea leaves...the Bills have limited cap space, and too many others to sign.  He likely gets a better offer elsewhere than he does here.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No need to read the tea leaves...the Bills have limited cap space, and too many others to sign.  He likely gets a better offer elsewhere than he does here.

Does he take Beasley's money?

• Like 1

Blessed Believer

No one will want Frazier after last nights game. As for Daboll…Do you think Daboll would be in big demand if he had Daniel Jones as his QB instead of Josh Allen?  I don’t.  In other words, let the buyer beware, who gives Daboll a lot of money to be their HC. He won’t have Josh making him look good. I don’t think it will be a problem to replace Daboll….Ken Dorsey is a very smart man and has been around long enough. 

Giants have Jones and Bears have Fields.  Neither one is impressive and neither one could carry Josh’s jock strap. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

I don't think we need to overreact, a lot of emotional hot takes out and about at the moment.

This team is likely to look quite a bit different next year just due to, turnover, coaching changes, salary cap and the draft. We played what may be the Super Bowl champion in their house and went toe-to-toe with them. Were it not for a mental kick-off error, we were :13 seconds away from hosting the AFCCG.

the special teams gaffe was the gunner intentionally running out of bounds

lost about 60 yds of field postion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

No one will want Frazier after last nights game. As for Daboll…Do you think Daboll would be in big demand if he had Daniel Jones as his QB instead of Josh Allen?  I don’t.  In other words, let the buyer beware, who gives Daboll a lot of money to be their HC. He won’t have Josh making him look good. I don’t think it will be a problem to replace Daboll….Ken Dorsey is a very smart man and has been around long enough. 

Giants have Jones and Bears have Fields.  Neither one is impressive and neither one could carry Josh’s jock strap. 

I'm thinking Daboll takes Trubisky with him.

• Like 2

Blessed Believer
5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm thinking Daboll takes Trubisky with him.

you are probably right…and I think he could very well beat Jones during preseason. But MT won’t play in Buffalo so I guess he will have a chance to restart his shaky career. Personally, I never thought MT was that bad and couldn’t understand why da Bears lost interest in him like they did. I mean Andy Dalton! Seriously! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

... couldn’t understand why da Bears lost interest in him like they did. I mean Andy Dalton! Seriously! 

Two words... Matt Nagy.

38 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

Two things.  First you have never met the McCaskey family have you?  They are full of bad decisions and Frazier is from the Bears modern golden age.  Second I've read a few fan boards including the Dolphins.  I would say over 60 percent do not believe Daboll could cut it as a HC.  I ilke Daboll in a lot of respects but there is something about him that says not a HC and the league has seen plenty of former Pats coaches that were top notch coordinators elsewhere but could never hack it as a HC.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Joe said:

Someone read the tea leaves on this:

He’s going to be a Patriot, and go for 90/1200.

• Wow 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

They bringing Tommy back?

Nope. He has the skill set to do that with Mac at the helm.