Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

13 Seconds...

Foxx

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I actually feel like the Sabres are starting to turn it around.  It's going to be at least one more season but the kids do show promise...finally.

I agree. 

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I said this exact thing in the other thread last night.  It’s hard to blame them for not coming up with this in the moment but some team somewhere had this plan ready to go.  Baltimore did something similar a few years ago on a punt formation.

Perhaps you gave me the idea. 🤷‍♂️

If so, all the credit is yours. Regardless, it is a good idea One that no doubt would have won the game for us.

2 hours ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

It would be interesting to see if the D is Frazier's personality or McD's.  Until Leslie moves on, we may never know.  They've been tied at the hip since 2017.

I cant remember all that well but I think McDermotts Carolina defense was more aggressive and nasty.

Edited by Big Gun

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

I cant remember all that well but I think McDermotts Carolina defense was more aggressive and nasty.

That’s the Luke Kuechly factor.

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants

I understand the concept of what they tried to do on defense those last 13 seconds. What I don’t understand is the concept of what they tried to do on defense those last 13 seconds.

I suppose I never will. I’m bitter and I’m laying this failure at the feet of the process and those who were responsible for making the decisions.

It seemed like the entire defensive game plan shit itself. Leave Kelce uncontested. Let Hill catch the ball and have 10 yards to get up to speed before he sees his first white jersey. Nobody on the Bills is catching Hill. 

Maybe Tre makes a difference if not on IR. I don’t know.

I left part of me in the recliner when the game ended and I turned off the tv to go to bed. It was the Bills fan part of me. Of all the stinging losses, this one is right on the heels of Norwoods wide right. Maybe I feel better about it in a little while. Maybe I don’t. Far too many times this season the staff had this team ill prepared for their opponent. This time Josh Allen and company did all the could to overcome the poor decision making. 

I don’t want the team to back slide because we bring in new staff. But, for &#%$s sake, this wasn’t the first time these coaches failed their players and this fan base this year and they only thing they can seem to muster is “it’s on me”. 

• Like 5

Nouseforaname

It’s been two days.  I’m still getting texts of sympathy like my grandmother died.  We are a battered franchise.  

You need a lot of things to go your way to get to the Super Bowl and win it.  To be on fire at the perfect time and then for the coaching staff to just mess up so bad when it mattered the most ?

I must have been a pats fan in a previous life to be punished like this. 

14 hours ago, Big Gun said:

I think the defense with DC McDermott in Carolina was different because it was McD's defense.  This is Frazier's defense in Buffalo.  Frazier and McD agree on a larger framework, but the strategy and tactics used are part of Frazier's plan.

20 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They'd better.

Maybe I spend too much time online, but this doesn't strike me as the time for someone in the NFL to fire a black coach at any position.

• Boo 1

49 minutes ago, Meazza said:

It’s been two days.  I’m still getting texts of sympathy like my grandmother died.  We are a battered franchise.  

You need a lot of things to go your way to get to the Super Bowl and win it.  To be on fire at the perfect time and then for the coaching staff to just mess up so bad when it mattered the most ?

I must have been a pats fan in a previous life to be punished like this. 

The only person punishing you is yourself. The franchise isn't battered. You're ability to move on from things over which you have no control is, however.

• Applause 1

Nouseforaname
58 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The only person punishing you is yourself. The franchise isn't battered. You're ability to move on from things over which you have no control is, however.

It's an extremely unlucky franchise.  

Just now, Meazza said:

It's an extremely unlucky franchise.  

You say that like it's the only unlucky franchise. In the end, whenever I have a discussion with someone about a topic like this --say, you're unhappy with your job or your boss or your marriage or your sports team -- you only have to ask yourself three simple questions until you get to the obvious answer.

(1) Can you change what is going on?

(2) Can you live with it?

If you answer 'no' to both those questions, then question three should be obvious. If you answer 'yes' to either of those questions, you don't need question #3.

It's just that simple, if you are honest with yourself.

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You say that like it's the only unlucky franchise. In the end, whenever I have a discussion with someone about a topic like this --say, you're unhappy with your job or your boss or your marriage or your sports team -- you only have to ask yourself three simple questions until you get to the obvious answer.

(1) Can you change what is going on?

(2) Can you live with it?

If you answer 'no' to both those questions, then question three should be obvious. If you answer 'yes' to either of those questions, you don't need question #3.

It's just that simple, if you are honest with yourself.

No/Yes. 

I didn't realize complaining on an internet forum dedicated to the franchise that lost in one of the most heartbreaking ways possible would turn you into a life coach.

Nouseforaname
19 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

13 seconds. 13 freakin' seconds. One stop is what  I kept saying, "c'mon D, make one stop" 

And yet you could have given some previous Bills QB's six months and they still wouldn't have gotten into FG range.

2 minutes ago, Meazza said:

No/Yes. 

I didn't realize complaining on an internet forum dedicated to the franchise that lost in one of the most heartbreaking ways possible would turn you into a life coach.

I didn't realize you needed one.

After a while, complaining starts to sound like whining.

I keep thinking Joe stole your log-in credentials. 

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I didn't realize you needed one.

After a while, complaining starts to sound like whining.

I keep thinking Joe stole your log-in credentials. 

I'll stop when the Bills win a SB.  Hopefully you only got a year and a month or so left to endure 😄

Edited by Meazza
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Meazza said:

That’s the killer.  You need a lot to go right to be in position to win it all, so you better take advantage when that comes.  There was no way they were winning a SB last year (or any year in the past 30), but this year it really was there for the taking.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Meazza said:

And yet you could have given some previous Bills QB's six months and they still wouldn't have gotten into FG range.

Rob Johnson/That Lewis/Nathan Petermann/Billy Jo Hobert don't need to be bad-mouthed here.

Nouseforaname
30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That’s the killer.  You need a lot to go right to be in position to win it all, so you better take advantage when that comes.  There was no way they were winning a SB last year (or any year in the past 30), but this year it really was there for the taking.

Exactly and that’s why I’m bummed.  I put the razor blades down temporarily but it was there for the taking.