Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ryan Fitzpatrick as new QB coach?

Figster

57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But what else would he say before he even has his coach lined up for certain.  Heck no, Jones is trash & nobody can win with him?  Can't see a good GM doing something like that.

Still could see Trubisky going wherever Daboll ends up.  He already knows the playback & should have a leg up on whomever the incumbent is where Daboll lands.

Well, it looks like Miami or Giants for Daboll. Is Mitch an upgrade over either QB? IMO, yes, but what do I know?

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, Figster said:

Fitzys brain in Allens body,

Awww man

MERCY!!!

Add Nick Foles' weiner and we got the complete "package":classic_love:

• Doh! 2
  • Wow 2
  • Haha 1

I'd be pretty leery of Fitz as a QB coach after he admitted when he got to Buffalo that he'd never had a QB coach and some of the concepts/fundamentals he was being taught were news to him.

FItz is clearly a smart dude...but that doesn't mean he's coaching material.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd be pretty leery of Fitz as a QB coach after he admitted when he got to Buffalo that he'd never had a QB coach and some of the concepts/fundamentals he was being taught were news to him.

FItz is clearly a smart dude...but that doesn't mean he's coaching material.

This is true

Fitz has good leadership abilities IMO. Intelligent. Men look up to him. Fitzpatrkck value as a QB coach under Dorsey as possible OC adds innovation IMO. It also may help Allen dissect the opposition and make on the fly game adjustments.  

19 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Im not thinking Josh as much as the backup, whoever that is. Also having Fitz abilities in the film room has gotta help. That said, have we lost our QB coach?

I'm under the assumption Dorsey is the front runner for new OC.

21 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Im not thinking Josh as much as the backup, whoever that is. Also having Fitz abilities in the film room has gotta help. That said, have we lost our QB coach?

Officially no.  Haven't even lost the OC officially yet.  But ...

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I'm under the assumption Dorsey is the front runner for new OC.

What he said.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 6:04 PM, Ann said:

Well, it looks like Miami or Giants for Daboll. Is Mitch an upgrade over either QB? IMO, yes, but what do I know?

You know a good QB when you see one Ann.

Trubs gives Daboll a possible franchise QB that already knows the system and coach well.

Its a win, win combination...

(If I'm Daboll Miami is the hot landing spot  with the understanding with ownership Tua and Trubs will compete for the start)

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Fitz could be the QB2, but he has to play shirtless.

I just mentioned that in another thread, he is available as a UFA.  He will also be 40, so not sure what his retirement plans are.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Blessed Believer
On 1/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ann said:

At Beane's presser today, he said Mitch had offers last year, but they were not ideal. Beane also said he would love to have Mitch back next year.

And in other news, the Giants GM said they are stickin' with Daniel Jones.  Looks like if Daboll goes there, Mitch isn't going unless he's a back-up.

That may be coachspeak…all this love for Daniel Jones from Schoen and Daboll.  What else are they going to say? As of now, Jones is really all they have. I doubt Glennon or Fromm get asked back. I still can see Mitch going there if asked because let’s be real….Mitch has zero chance of playing in Buffalo barring injury.

I bet he would be in a QB competition with Jones from the get go. And even if Jones beats him out, Jones always gets hurt because he doesn’t know how to slide, or if Jones is struggling, I can see Jones get the hook. Whatever, clearly the chances are far greater Mitch can start in NY than Buffalo. If the money is about the same, I can see him bolting. 

Having said all this, do we know how Dorsey and Daboll feel about Mitch? If they really like him and bring him over, maybe this love for Jones would be tempered because someone better is now in the house.  Just thinking out loud. 

BB

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Blessed Believer said:

That may be coachspeak…all this love for Daniel Jones from Schoen and Daboll.  What else are they going to say? As of now, Jones is really all they have. I doubt Glennon or Fromm get asked back. I still can see Mitch going there if asked because let’s be real….Mitch has zero chance of playing in Buffalo barring injury.

I bet he would be in a QB competition with Jones from the get go. And even if Jones beats him out, Jones always gets hurt because he doesn’t know how to slide, or if Jones is struggling, I can see Jones get the hook. Whatever, clearly the chances are far greater Mitch can start in NY than Buffalo. If the money is about the same, I can see him bolting. 

Having said all this, do we know how Dorsey and Daboll feel about Mitch? If they really like him and bring him over, maybe this love for Jones would be tempered because someone better is now in the house.  Just thinking out loud. 

BB

I'm in the NYC area, with the right support, from what I've seen I think Daniel Jones could be a better than average QB, there is a bit of Josh Allen to his game. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Blessed Believer
1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I'm in the NYC area, with the right support, from what I've seen I think Daniel Jones could be a better than average QB, there is a bit of Josh Allen to his game. 

I think you may be right….no one really knows what you have in Jones.  He has looked good at times, and not so good at times. Plus he has played behind one of the worst OLs in the NFL for 3 years, and his receivers and RB are usually injured. Not to mention 3 OC’s in 3 years.  NY has been a mess for quite a while. I hope Schoen, Daboll, and Dorsey can survive the Big Apple and the incessant media out there. 

• Like 2