Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Beane end of year presser

Ann

Gonna look at every position, but specified this:

Gonna start with the pass rush on the defense.
Look at who is leaving, who needs to be replaced.

Offensively will look at the o-line.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Ryan Bates priority to come back?
We traded for him in the middle of training camp. He had never played center. We asked him to play center, and he went and he became a five play guy.
Sure proud of how he came in for Ike.
Dion played some of his football with Bates next to him.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Jerry Hughes:

He intimated that he would like to continue his career.
We will look at it on our end.
He sounds like he wants to continue.
We will have to look at the pieces, the money, and go from there.

• Like 2

Emmanuel Sanders:

Loves what he brought to the team.
He brought the veteran experience we were looking for.
He the knee injury...
I don't know what his plan is next. He hinted it might be his last year. Have not had a sit down. If he wants to come back, I will listen and we'd have to work the numbers out.

Asked about overseas game possibility.
He would have expected he would have heard something already, especially if it would have been a home game.

8 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I want to hear the Beane say we're going to go after Watts and Bosas...Let's Go Brandon!:classic_love:

Grow them through the draft/ process. When I see how some of our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year players have  progressed / performed. We may already have most of the answers on the current roster IMO.

Fine tune it...

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Asked about corner, he said a lot. Levi is a free agent and they would love to have him back.

corner.jpg.a3146f5f7ae0957451a9d194faf036aa.jpg

corner-1.jpg.038177ae1633be10230aa9f84e0e3cba.jpg

I've been wondering how badly they want Wallace back ever since they signed Taron Johnson to a 3yr,$24m contract in September.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Figster said:

Grow them through the draft/ process. When I see how some of our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year players have  progressed / performed. We may already have most of the answers on the current roster IMO.

Fine tune it...

I like proven commodities... TJ Watt wouldn't have let Mahomes do what he did to us. Nick or Joey Bosa wouldn't have let him escape every single play nor would the holding have worked on these guys. Not only do they get you the sack, they bring you back the ball. And in TJ Watts' case possibly one of Mahomes' balls as well.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
22 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I like proven commodities... TJ Watt wouldn't have let Mahomes do what he did to us. Nick or Joey Bosa wouldn't have let him escape every single play nor would the holding have worked on these guys. Not only do they get you the sack, they bring you back the ball. And in TJ Watts' case possibly one of Mahomes' balls as well.

The Bosa's are locked up in huge contracts. TJ got schooled the week before 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Ryan Bates priority to come back?
We traded for him in the middle of training camp. He had never played center. We asked him to play center, and he went and he became a five play guy.
Sure proud of how he came in for Ike.
Dion played some of his football with Bates next to him.

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Jerry Hughes:

He intimated that he would like to continue his career.
We will look at it on our end.
He sounds like he wants to continue.
We will have to look at the pieces, the money, and go from there.

There's a ton that happens on the field that I don't see, but what I did see is our OL being far better once Bates was put in later in the year.  I assume they'll make him an offer and we'll see if they get outbid.

And as for Hughes, thanks but we need to move on.  He's not a game changer and is no longer disruptive enough to make up for his lack size.  I'd rather see snaps go to the young (and cheap) guys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

There's a ton that happens on the field that I don't see, but what I did see is our OL being far better once Bates was put in later in the year.  I assume they'll make him an offer and we'll see if they get outbid.

And as for Hughes, thanks but we need to move on.  He's not a game changer and is no longer disruptive enough to make up for his lack size.  I'd rather see snaps go to the young (and cheap) guys.

Loved the trade to get him here. Loved his time here. That said, I agree. He is a shell of himself. Still has the heart but doesn't have the body anymore.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I will never get over passing on Aaron Donald in favor of trading up to get Boo Boo Foot.

Probably the worst I've ever reacted at a draft pick.   Worse than both EJ and Whitner over Ngata.

Edited by Alaska Darin
Because I'm an idiot
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I will never get over passing on Aaron Donald in favor of trading up to get Boo Boo Foot.

Probably the worst I've ever reacted at a draft pick.   Worse than both EJ and Winfield over Ngata.

Whaley had to try and salvage EJ Manuel.  Sammy Watkins ended up looking like more of a late 2nd to 3rd round pick.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Probably the worst I've ever reacted at a draft pick.   Worse than both EJ and Winfield over Ngata.

You are thinking of Donte Whitner at 8th overall, instead of Ngata. A terrible choice, and definitely high up on the list of draft picks which deeply displeased me.

But for me personally the worst were Losman and Manuel. When each of those picks was made, my response was that the Bills would not win the Super Bowl until both the draft pick and the front office which had made the pick had been replaced. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

You are thinking of Donte Whitner at 8th overall, instead of Ngata. A terrible choice, and definitely high up on the list of draft picks which deeply displeased me.

But for me personally the worst were Losman and Manuel. When each of those picks was made, my response was that the Bills would not win the Super Bowl until both the draft pick and the front office which had made the pick had been replaced. 

Correct on Whitner (I went back and edited the post because AW was one of my favorite players). 

Losman was setup to fail, like most QBs drafted by bad franchises.  Manuel was never any good and his ceiling was the basement floor.  He was a very nice human being, however.  The worst part about Losman is he cost us a shot at Rogers.

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Correct on Whitner (I went back and edited the post because AW was one of my favorite players). 

Losman was setup to fail, like most QBs drafted by bad franchises.  Manuel was never any good and his ceiling was the basement floor.  He was a very nice human being, however.  The worst part about Losman is he cost us a shot at Rogers.

Antoine Winfield was a true #1 CB. The kind of guy you could put on an island against the other team’s best WR, and be okay. It’s unfortunate that Tom Donahoe chose to break off contract extension talks with Winfield, so he could use the cap space on an overrated player like SS Lawyer Milloy instead.

Losman had all the physical tools in the world, but didn’t have the accuracy or information processing ability necessary. Too often he’d throw balls at guys’ feet or sail them over their heads. He played behind a bad offensive line, and that certainly didn’t help him any.

Not only did Losman cost us Rodgers, he might also have cost us Roethlisberger. Tom Donahoe had looked into trading up for Roethlisberger. But, he decided Houston’s asking price was too high. So he stayed put and took WR Lee Evans 13th overall, then traded back into the first for Losman. Had Donahoe realized Losman would be a bust, he would have been more likely to accept Houston’s asking price. That said I’d obviously rather have Rodgers than Roethlisberger. 

Edited by Arm of Harm

On 1/26/2022 at 5:50 PM, Billsandhorns said:

TJ got schooled the week before 

Dude was exhausted from carrying that team all season.  Imagine having to be almost perfect every week to have even a chance to win...that's the Steelers' defense.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dude was exhausted from carrying that team all season.  Imagine having to be almost perfect every week to have even a chance to win...that's the Steelers' defense.

• Like 1