Foxx

MozJPEG USATSI_13932177.jpg

© Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Conference Championship Round

Visitor Home Info Location
CIN.png Bengals  KC.png Chiefs Sun, 1/30, 3:00 p.m. CBS Arrowhead Stadium
 SF.png49ers  LAR.pngRams Sun, 1/30, 6:30 p.m. FOX SoFi Stadium

• Sad 2

I don't know if I am going to watch the AFC game. I don't hate Kansas City, but last week's loss is still raw. I also think it would be a damn shame if Burrow made it to the Super Bowl before Josh.

• Like 2

I wonder whether I'd feel nervous about playing the Bengals (aside from it being an elimination game).

I think I would. 

When Burrow wasn't getting crushed he was throwing the ball well.  He was 28/37 for 348 yards. And Mixon is a handful. This game with the Chiefs is going to be another barnburner (as it would have been with the Bills).  I think both the Bills and the Chiefs' defenses are better than Cincinnati's.

The 49ers have got the Rams' number (I think 6 straight).  Say what you want about Garoppolo, but he's taken the 49ers to the SB before (or they took him there).

29 minutes ago, snafu said:

I wonder whether I'd feel nervous about playing the Bengals (aside from it being an elimination game).

I think I would. 

When Burrow wasn't getting crushed he was throwing the ball well.  He was 28/37 for 348 yards. And Mixon is a handful. This game with the Chiefs is going to be another barnburner (as it would have been with the Bills).  I think both the Bills and the Chiefs' defenses are better than Cincinnati's.

The 49ers have got the Rams' number (I think 6 straight).  Say what you want about Garoppolo, but he's taken the 49ers to the SB before (or they took him there).

The last meeting between SF and LAR resulted in a 49ers win in OT.  The Rams had that game and took defeat from the jaws of victory.  I can't imagine SF beating LAR 3x in a year.

I'm not sure Cincy will be able to take away Hill and/or Kelce.  They beat an error prone Tannehill, but Mahomes is a different animal.

30 minutes ago, Core Four said:

The last meeting between SF and LAR resulted in a 49ers win in OT.  The Rams had that game and took defeat from the jaws of victory.  I can't imagine SF beating LAR 3x in a year.

I'm not sure Cincy will be able to take away Hill and/or Kelce.  They beat an error prone Tannehill, but Mahomes is a different animal.

Agree on both counts.  Likely to be a KC/LA final.

I just think Cincy can put up a lot of points.  The AFCCG might be a repeat of our game last week -- and the KC/Cincy game late in the season.

2 hours ago, Ann said:

I don't know if I am going to watch the AFC game. I don't hate Kansas City, but last week's loss is still raw. I also think it would be a damn shame if Burrow made it to the Super Bowl before Josh.

I’m rooting for Cincy simply because the Chiefs going to three in a row is too close for comfort to going to four in a row, and I’ll care about that record until the Bills win one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

This was my thought as well. They ain't playing Tannehill, let alone a Tannehill coming off a bye week (which I think is a detriment these days) and especially with the arrogance of thinking they needed to feed Henry when he clearly wasn't 100%. Tennessee did a great job pounding the ball during Henry's absence. They should have kept that focus.

But in the end, I think we can agree the three Tannehill picks were the result of bad throws, not exceptional defensive play. Mahomes doesn't throw bad picks, and that'll be the difference. Seven points still seems high to me, but I'd be surprised if Cincy moves on.

• Like 3

I just can't watch a championship game the Bills should have been playing in.  I'll tune in to the late game and half-heartedly root for the Niners.  But I really just want spring training to start.  It won't stop hurting until people are done talking about football for this season.

image.png.a8241a27458c01399abfb9234844ad6b.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I just can't watch a championship game the Bills should have been playing in.  I'll tune in to the late game and half-heartedly root for the Niners.  But I really just want spring training to start.  It won't stop hurting until people are done talking about football for this season.

So much good came out of the game aside from the final score. Chiefs fans showing their true colors by way of donations to childrens hospital. After going through all the stages I've reached grateful for the greatest game of football I've ever watched. Patrick Mahomes was a big part of it.

Go Chiefs!!!

3 hours ago, Figster said:

So much good came out of the game aside from the final score. Chiefs fans showing their true colors by way of donations to childrens hospital. After going through all the stages I've reached grateful for the greatest game of football I've ever watched. Patrick Mahomes was a big part of it.

Go Chiefs!!!

325,000 at last count. The Quarterback play in that game was more than I have seen in a long time if ever. The elusiveness of both of them ending with quality throws was jaw dropping. While I certainly can understand the let down of being on the losing end of that contest be prepared for years of those types of games. You guys will get us eventually as Allen has the same drive to win you need to be successful. It was obvious he was disappointed and let down, but he didn’t seem discouraged. That’s the sign of a winner. Rogers folds up like a cheap tent and goes into finger pointing mode. We will see you again next year. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The Bills have been to four consecutive Super Bowls. Tom Brady and the Patriots have been to three straight. No one else has been to more than two. If the Chiefs get in this year it will be three straight for them. That’s one reason I’m rooting for the Bengals. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m rooting big time for Burrow.

When he came out of LSU everyone asked him whether and how he was going to avoid being drafted by the Bengals, and he shook all that off, got picked, and went to work. Good for that kid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Who cares? I’m probably not going to watch that or the big game either. I’m on a football fast. 

Besides, the wind is blowing like hades here.
 :windy:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Chiefs...

So he was cut by the Raiders for a weapons incident...signed by the Chiefs two months later, then cut by the Chiefs a week later for a weapons incident?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

So he was cut by the Raiders for a weapons incident...signed by the Chiefs two months later, then cut by the Chiefs a week later for a weapons incident?

Darn weapons  keep  getting him in trouble. WE NEED A LAW TO STOP IT!

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 1/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, snafu said:

I think I would. 

Bosa took him there...

• Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 1/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, KD in CA said:

I'm heading straight back for denial and my box of razor blades :crying3: