Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who do you want to see replace Daboll?

Arm of Harm

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

But is Boyst available?

He's a Vietnamese lesbian with too many kids to take on such a time consuming job. Maybe the Bills should wait a decade before that becomes the next flavor of the day. Besides, I think he's still under contract to Robert Kraft. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Who do you want to see replace Daboll ?

It should be a black, female.

😇

I nominate Kamala who can bring in Kaepernick as her QB coach. Just think, what with their respective abilities in kneeling down they would have a head start. 

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2022 at 1:46 AM, Core Four said:

I think the most likely choice is Dorsey, but there is a chance he follows Daboll to NYG.  If that happens, I would be pretty certain that Beane and McD have thought about that scenario.  At that point, the question becomes, who else does McD and Beane know and have a level of comfort and trust with?

This article from Buffalo Rumblings might provide some insight:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/1/24/22899609/5-replacement-options-for-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-ken-dorsey

3. Pat Shurmur -  Former HC and OC for multiple teams, last stop was Broncos OC.  Was with McD at Philly from 2001-2008 as the QB coach.  This is one to keep an eye on.

not liking much about Shurmur in Denver

https://predominantlyorange.com/2022/01/09/denver-broncos-pat-shurmur-fired-two-failed-seasons/

The Broncos were expecting Shurmur to come in and develop the young QB Drew Lock, along with making the offense more explosive.

With that being said, none of that was done. As a matter of fact, everything went the other direction when talking about those two things.

Not only did Shurmur not develop Lock as a quarterback, he might have ruined the young player the whole time he was here. The offense got real bland at times and the Broncos’ offensive weapons, such as Jerry Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and more were not being utilized correctly during his whole tenure here in Denver.

It didn’t help the case either when Vic Fangio and Shurmur decided to go with Teddy Bridgewater as the starting quarterback for this season over Lock, the player that Shurmur was tasked in developing.

The Broncos offense ranks below average to average in almost every statistical category there is. This all falls under Shurmur as he has had the necessary pieces around him to succeed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

not liking much about Shurmur in Denver

https://predominantlyorange.com/2022/01/09/denver-broncos-pat-shurmur-fired-two-failed-seasons/

The Broncos were expecting Shurmur to come in and develop the young QB Drew Lock, along with making the offense more explosive.

With that being said, none of that was done. As a matter of fact, everything went the other direction when talking about those two things.

Not only did Shurmur not develop Lock as a quarterback, he might have ruined the young player the whole time he was here. The offense got real bland at times and the Broncos’ offensive weapons, such as Jerry Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and more were not being utilized correctly during his whole tenure here in Denver.

It didn’t help the case either when Vic Fangio and Shurmur decided to go with Teddy Bridgewater as the starting quarterback for this season over Lock, the player that Shurmur was tasked in developing.

The Broncos offense ranks below average to average in almost every statistical category there is. This all falls under Shurmur as he has had the necessary pieces around him to succeed.

It would be interesting to find out who made the decision to go with Bridgewater over Lock, Fangio or Shurmur.  Either way, the article is right...Shurmur did an underwhelming job in Denver.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:46 AM, Core Four said:

I think the most likely choice is Dorsey, but there is a chance he follows Daboll to NYG.  If that happens, I would be pretty certain that Beane and McD have thought about that scenario.  At that point, the question becomes, who else does McD and Beane know and have a level of comfort and trust with?

This article from Buffalo Rumblings might provide some insight:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/1/24/22899609/5-replacement-options-for-bills-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-ken-dorsey

5. Mike Shula - Has worked with McD and Dorsey in Carolina where he was the OC from 2013-2017.  Most recently, Shula was the Bronco's QB coach under Shurmur as the OC in 2020-2021.

did not realize Shula has coached for 28 years in NFL

that's a lot of time to not accomplish anything,

and become really fixed in your ways 

https://pro-football-history.com/coach/1200/mike-shula-bio

Edited by Spartacus

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

How often do college coaches come in to the NFL and successfully run an offense?  

probably about as often as failed re-tread NFL OCs

not very often

will become more often as the offense continues to move to passing league

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

probably about as often as failed re-tread NFL OCs

not very often

will become more often as the offense continues to move to passing league

It already is a passing league.  Trends cycle with offense and defense schemes constantly evolving; we will probably see the running game become more prevalent in the years to come.  Not saying the run will overtake the pass, I am saying offenses will become more balanced.  You can't be a long and mid-range passing only team with no running, as well as short and quick passing game, those teams are too easy to stop.

• Cheers 1

To me, this is going to be a place where we prove that Buffalo is now a destination that top coaches want to be. 

If BB and McDermott aren't able to get exactly who they want with literally all the stars aligned...huge red flag.

As to who I want?  Someone who can coach using the current framework and terminology we're already using.  I do not want ANY turmoil on that side of the football.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Core Four said:

It already is a passing league.  Trends cycle with offense and defense schemes constantly evolving; we will probably see the running game become more prevalent in the years to come.  Not saying the run will overtake the pass, I am saying offenses will become more balanced.  You can't be a long and mid-range passing only team with no running, as well as short and quick passing game, those teams are too easy to stop.

uh, no

KC not sweating the run

If you can't outscore them, you lose

continuing to try to jam a running attack into a league with rules highly favoring the pass is a failure

which is what most re-tread OCs will continue try to do - and fail miserably

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

To me, this is going to be a place where we prove that Buffalo is now a destination that top coaches want to be. 

If BB and McDermott aren't able to get exactly who they want with literally all the stars aligned...huge red flag.

As to who I want?  Someone who can coach using the current framework and terminology we're already using.  I do not want ANY turmoil on that side of the football.

Allen gives me instant success at OC which in turn gives me job security. Having an athlete at the QB position that can literally do anything on the football field. To me its a no brainer.

If I'm Ken Dorsey...  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

uh, no

KC not sweating the run

If you can't outscore them, you lose

continuing to try to jam a running attack into a league with rules highly favoring the pass is a failure

which is what most re-tread OCs will continue try to do - and fail miserably

Uh, yes.

KC rushed for 182 yards mostly between Mahomes and CEH.  KC passed for 378 yards with the largest contributors being Hill (11/150) and Kelce (8/96).  Hill's average was almost 14 yards, Kelce's average was 12 yards, with a lot of that being YAC.  Our defense was set up to stop the long passes, that is not how they beat us.  KC completed mostly short passes and had a lot of YAC.  By way of comparison, Buffalo rushed for 109 with Josh by far being the leading rusher; the RBs didn't really do a whole lot.

When defenses leave no one in the box, with max coverage, rushing four, you have to run or utilize short, quick passes since medium and long passes probably won't be successful.  You need a good rushing attack to help set up your passing game.  Additionally, rushing and shorter passes control the clock.  Time of possession: KC 36:38 Buf 27:37.  Usually, the team with a greater TOP wins.

• Like 1