Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who do you want to see replace Daboll?

Arm of Harm

CarpetCrawler
58 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I agree. It would be great if this guy became a QB whisperer of sorts and can turn around Jones. In my head, his goal is to obviously be a HC at some point, and the Bills would have the fastest path for him. 

That said, I don't worry too much about who they will pick. None of this should be a surprise to the team, and if Dorsey doesn't want to drive the Ferrari, I suspect there will be a line at OBD of really good coaches who would.

If Leftwich doesn't get any HC offers, I wouldn't mind him as our OC. What OC wouldn't want their name associated with Josh Allen and benefit from his accomplishments?? (well maybe except Dorsey, lol)  It seems it's a surefire path to getting a HC job. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

If Leftwich doesn't get any HC offers, I wouldn't mind him as our OC. What OC wouldn't want their name associated with Josh Allen and benefit from his accomplishments?? (well maybe except Dorsey, lol)  It seems it's a surefire path to getting a HC job. 

Can someone refresh me about the "not a playcaller" thing?

Deranged Rhino
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What does that say? Ravens... "wi-wid-wide receee"... no, it can't say wide receiver, the Ravens haven't had any of those in their offense for years.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm sure he's qualified but Rooney rule compliance?

I'll never understand how people think they're being helpful by forcing teams to interview black coaches when every time someone interviews a black coach, this is the first thing that crosses everyone's mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'll never understand how people think they're being helpful by forcing teams to interview black coaches when every time someone interviews a black coach, this is the first thing that crosses everyone's mind.

All they care is being able to "show the hand" to society's actual racists.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Well, to be fair, as DR pointed out, in this instance, it's not a giant leap of logic.

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What does that say? Ravens... "wi-wid-wide receee"... no, it can't say wide receiver, the Ravens haven't had any of those in their offense for years.

The sum total of his coaching is teaching downfield blocking for Jackson.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

All they care is being able to "show the hand" to society's actual racists.

Originally, the Rooney Rule was pretty useful - it gave visibility to black candidates, on the premise that truly qualified ones would ultimately be hired by somebody.  It didn't mandate or reward anything, only increased their opportunities.

Nowadays, of course, it's just pandering to the woke for fear of being labelled with a scarlet "R".

• Like 1

Blessed Believer
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

There are obviously a lot of factors that go into why guys make the decisions that they do.  If Dorsey goes to NYC, then bless him and thank him for what he did.  I won't ever understand it but I'm a stone-cold killer when it comes to stuff like that.  Not everyone is.

I’m like you….I don’t cry when a player or coach want to bolt for what they believe are “greener pastures.”  It’s their life….they have to do what they feel is best for them and their families. No hard feelings. Like you said….just thank them for their faithful service- Schoen, Daboll, and probably Dorsey. God bless you all. 

BB

• Cheers 2

Blessed Believer
3 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I’m all in on this one. 

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

WR coaches from crappy programs

Tee Martin

Edgar Bennett

sure gives you a warm fuzzy about the direction of the program

let's hope the Rooney Rule is now met

54 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

WR coaches from crappy programs

Tee Martin

Edgar Bennett

sure gives you a warm fuzzy about the direction of the program

let's hope the Rooney Rule is now met

Raiders receivers overachieved, no?  Renfroe and Zay exceeded expectations IMO.  You can’t hold this dude responsible for Ruggs.  I ge5 it wrt the Ravens WRs but I’ve heard a lot of good things about Higgins for a long time.

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I don't think the Giants can do this unless the Bills allow it or fire him.  Personally, I'm all for Bobby Johnson moving on.

I don't know that Johnson is a bad OL coach.  But it's been so long since I've seen a good OL coach, I wouldn't know a good one if I saw him.  But I'm pretty sure that Cody Ford can make anyone look like a bad OL coach.

52 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I don't think the Giants can do this unless the Bills allow it or fire him.  Personally, I'm all for Bobby Johnson moving on.

I don’t know enough to opine one way or another (though obviously our OL has not over achieved), but it dawns on me that Dorsey’s choice won’t come down to Allen v Jones.  I’ll come down to McDermott v Daboll.

Feeling comfortable and connected with your boss is the most important job consideration 98% of the time, no matter what you do for a living.

• Like 2