Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who do you want to see replace Daboll?

Arm of Harm

I wonder if they had to pay a premium to keep him. One would think they didn't but with the threat of the G-Men possibly snatching him away, you never know.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Cheers 3

Blessed Believer

Dorsey probably took the Giants contract offer over to Beane and said “how much do you want me?”  Beane then went to the owner who said, “pay the man!” 

Now I’m curious….how much additional did he get thanks to leveraging the Giants offer?  I hope he tells us in his press conference.  Lol

• Like 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Im amazed that they made a 40 year old look 75.

Thrilled to be wrong on this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Blessed Believer
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I wonder if they had to pay a premium to keep him. One would think they didn't but with the threat of the G-Men possibly snatching him away, you never know.

no doubt they did had to pay him quite a bit more. I don’t think Dorsey preferred coaching Jones over Allen, and I don’t know how close he and Daboll are, but if he wants to be a HC in this league, he needs a good resume. Don’t you think his resume will look better with Allen as his QB vs Jones or Trubisky or whoever they bring in? 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

no doubt they did had to pay him quite a bit more. I don’t think Dorsey preferred coaching Jones over Allen, and I don’t know how close he and Daboll are, but if he wants to be a HC in this league, he needs a good resume. Don’t you think his resume will look better with Allen as his QB vs Jones or Trubisky or whoever they bring in? 

"He clearly doesn't believe in his talent to turn just any offense around.  Another Loser for this cursed franchise."

-Joe (probably)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

Without a doubt. I think tying your horse to Jones might be tantamount to career suicide. It is going to be interesting to see, 1) whether or not Daboll can work his magic with Jones, and 2) who they bring to be a back up QB.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Man, I’m thrilled about this.

If for no other reason than terminology.

Incredibly curious how Dorsey looks from a play calling perspective. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

"He clearly doesn't believe in his talent to turn just any offense around.  Another Loser for this cursed franchise."

-Joe (probably)

asshat, perhaps you missed my YAASSSSSSSSSSS earlier in the thread

again, &#%$ off

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Another thing I've learned from this: I'm running out of Bills talking heads to pay attention to.

Like every other penny ante sports journalist from Wawrow to Sully to TimmahTimmah!, this dude was eager to imply that his assumptions are based on assuming that it's worth assuming that that everyone wanted to follow Daboll and leave McDermott behind. 

This was him yesterday.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

He certainly has the MIPS but a bit short on coaching experience to make the leap to OC IMO.  

hey- if Josh McCown can jump in to be a HC, why not?

Blessed Believer
41 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Without a doubt. I think tying your horse to Jones might be tantamount to career suicide. It is going to be interesting to see, 1) whether or not Daboll can work his magic with Jones, and 2) who they bring to be a back up QB.

They call him…..Mitch Trubisky

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Foxx said:

need to fix the OL - which seems to be a problem for Daboll

5 minutes ago, Blessed Believer said:

They call him…..Mitch Trubisky

At the outset, that is what I would have believed. However, with them throwing their collective weight behind Jones, I'm not sure MT would want to go there. He might if there is a backroom deal worked or something along those lines...

Blessed Believer

If the Giants land Pep Martin from the Texans to be their OC, I bet every single Giant fan will be glad Dorsey decided to stay in Buffalo. Pep is a good dude, but I’m not sure Daboll wants a guy who may someday soon be a Head coach too. 

Edited by Blessed Believer
Grammar
  • Like 1