Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tom Brady to Retire [Done] [He UN-Retired!!!] Retired Again

Ann

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

Final season 2.0... er 3.0... er 4.0... er, I've lost track. How many times has this guy retired? 

With the career he has had, he probably deserves to go out at the top of his game. However, I would get an amount of satisfaction if he were to breakdown this year and get served some humble pie.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Alaska Darin

• Nanker

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Such a punchable face.

There are 2 positives about his continued playing.

1.  At some point, he will finally sustain a 2nd truly debilitating injury.  Don't care how much babies blood or other youth serum he might be taking, eventually time catches up w/ everybody.

2.  It keeps him away from the broadcast booth for 1 more season.  WHY in the name of all that's good & holy do the networks continue to insist upon hiring douche monkeys like him to work color?

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

There are 2 positives about his continued playing.

1.  At some point, he will finally sustain a 2nd truly debilitating injury.  Don't care how much babies blood or other youth serum he might be taking, eventually time catches up w/ everybody.

2.  It keeps him away from the broadcast booth for 1 more season.  WHY in the name of all that's good & holy do the networks continue to insist upon hiring douche monkeys like him to work color?

Man, from my brain to your fingers.  When it was first announced that he was going to be doing NFL games, I was like "how is he going to hide his personality for 3 straight hours, every single week?"

I can honestly understand why players and coaches from past eras coach/do commentary/etc.  They didn't make stupid amounts of money that allow them to essentially live whatever life they want.  If I had Brady's resources and kids at home there's no way on earth I'd have a job that took me away from them for any amount of time. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, from my brain to your fingers.  When it was first announced that he was going to be doing NFL games, I was like "how is he going to hide his personality for 3 straight hours, every single week?"

I can honestly understand why players and coaches from past eras coach/do commentary/etc.  They didn't make stupid amounts of money that allow them to essentially live whatever life they want.  If I had Brady's resources and kids at home there's no way on earth I'd have a job that took me away from them for any amount of time

To the bolded, you don't come across as a guy who only cares about himself.  Pretty sure Tommy Tool loves him some Tommy Tool & not really anybody else.  Priorities.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Because they know that, at least for a season, his fans will tune in to listen to him.

You know...I like Jim Kelly.  I've met him three times.  I like him.  As a player, and to the limited degree I've talked to him, as a person.  But listening to him in the studio was a truly painful experience.  

And broadcaster have continued to hire ex-players on the basis of popularity (see also: Eric Dickerson), even though they usually suck.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Because they know that, at least for a season, his fans will tune in to listen to him.

You know...I like Jim Kelly.  I've met him three times.  I like him.  As a player, and to the limited degree I've talked to him, as a person.  But listening to him in the studio was a truly painful experience.  

And broadcaster have continued to hire ex-players on the basis of popularity (see also: Eric Dickerson), even though they usually suck.

Kelly definitely comes across as a good guy, at least since Hunter was diagnosed.

Brady, in no way, shape, or form, has EVER come across as a good guy.  And, guess the complaint is more accurately directed to studio shows, but the networks love to hire jerks: Rodney Harrison, Teddi Bruschi, Rex Ryan, Randy Moss, etc., etc..

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Jim may be able to read a defense but he is not quick with his thoughts which is the number one requirement of that job.

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Of course he did.

I'm surprised he even did shots.  I'd have doubted he'd even look at a drink without a fancy paper umbrella in it.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Now we know why Giselle is mad - he's been raiding her closet.

I'm telling ya, in five years he's gonna want to be called Thomasina.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Was it worth another year in the NFL?

Tom Brady, Gisele Bündchen hire divorce lawyers amid marital woes: sources

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen seem to be heading for the end zone: Both have retained divorce lawyers, multiple sources tell Page Six exclusively.

</snip>

I hope she's cheating on him, karma and all.

• Haha 1

Interesting thing about this divorce story is something we've all know most of our lives.

No matter how hot a woman is, somewhere in this world is someone who is tired of her shit.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Was it worth another year in the NFL?

Tom Brady, Gisele Bündchen hire divorce lawyers amid marital woes: sources

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen seem to be heading for the end zone: Both have retained divorce lawyers, multiple sources tell Page Six exclusively.

</snip>

Can she afford to divorce him?  Alimony & child support will take a huge chunk out of her income.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Interesting thing about this divorce story is something we've all know most of our lives.

No matter how hot a woman is, somewhere in this world is someone who is tired of her shit.

Not to mention that he can get a hotter woman that's 20 years younger next week.