Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Official 2022 Salary Cap Thread

Alaska Darin

19 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Or just safety.

I figured there's a reason they took Bernard in the 3rd this year.  Between that and the Von Miller signing....

17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There's a reason Hamlin was drafted 2 years ago and Bernard this year...

I dunno. Bernard seems to be more in the mold of Milano than a Mike. Maybe Milano could man the Mike?

What Hamlin has shown thus far, there is a significant drop off if he were to replace Poyer.

Bills still have work to do to be salary cap compliant for regular season

... the Buffalo Bills still have some work to do to be compliant with the NFL’s salary cap by the time the regular season rolls around. They are currently all good, but in the offseason, only the top 51 contracts count. When the regular season starts, all the player on the 53-man roster plus the players on injured reserve all count.

According to Sal Capaccio of WGR 550, the Bills have just under $5 million in cap space as camp opens, so once you add the final two contracts those figures could push the Bills to the brink with no room to sign a vet replacement for an injured player. General manager Brandon Beane certainly won’t be comfortable with that situation. ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Ann said:

Those are some big numbers. Think the Bills pay any of them?

I expect them to pay EO.  It's a coin flip for Davis unless he goes off the rest of the year.  I don't expect them to pay Edmunds but nothing would surprise me.

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I expect them to pay EO.  It's a coin flip for Davis unless he goes off the rest of the year.  I don't expect them to pay Edmunds but nothing would surprise me.

Davis' value in that graphic strikes me as about a third more than he should get.

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Davis' value in that graphic strikes me as about a third more than he should get.

The problem is guys like Kirks got paid and reset the market without actual production.  Jags gonna Jag.

• 1 month later...