Jump to content

Joe Brady new Bills Quarterback Coach


B-Man
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

 

Allen is a magnet.

 

Lets see if he can do it foe free agents also 

 

 

 

 

The Buffalo Bills are hiring former Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady as the team's new quarterbacks coach, a source confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

 

Brady was fired by Panthers coach Matt Rhule in December after almost two years with the franchise. A year ago, Brady landed interviews for head-coaching jobs with the Chargers, Texans, Jets, Eagles and Falcons. He was a finalist for the Atlanta job, but the team ultimately hired Arthur Smith.

 

With the Panthers, Brady worked with a variety of quarterbacks, including Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold and Cam Newton. Prior to that, he was the passing game coordinator at LSU during the 2019 national championship season, working with now-Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow.

 

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Core Four

Hope Joe Brady and Ken Dorsey are able to get Josh and the offense to the next level.  At the very least, they don't believe in a weighted offense, but a more balanced approach in run/pass.  This is where Daboll went wrong and probably butted heads with McD, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spartacus
51 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Hope Joe Brady and Ken Dorsey are able to get Josh and the offense to the next level.  At the very least, they don't believe in a weighted offense, but a more balanced approach in run/pass.  This is where Daboll went wrong and probably butted heads with McD, IMO.

no

throw the dam  ball

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Hope Joe Brady and Ken Dorsey are able to get Josh and the offense to the next level.  At the very least, they don't believe in a weighted offense, but a more balanced approach in run/pass.  This is where Daboll went wrong and probably butted heads with McD, IMO.

 

27 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

no

throw the dam  ball

 

I know where Core is coming from.

 

Balance is important, however look at the teams that made a Super Bowl run, they were pass heavy.

 

I would hope that our new offensive coaches shoot for a 60/40 split (pass/run)  It will be better for Josh in the long run  (pun)

 

But when push comes to shove, Josh is the best in the league and we want the ball in his hands.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Core Four said:

Hope Joe Brady and Ken Dorsey are able to get Josh and the offense to the next level.  At the very least, they don't believe in a weighted offense, but a more balanced approach in run/pass.  This is where Daboll went wrong and probably butted heads with McD, IMO.

I'm not sure there's another level. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Core Four
29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

 

 

I know where Core is coming from.

 

Balance is important, however look at the teams that made a Super Bowl run, they were pass heavy.

 

I would hope that our new offensive coaches shoot for a 60/40 split (pass/run)  It will be better for Josh in the long run  (pun)

 

But when push comes to shove, Josh is the best in the league and we want the ball in his hands.

 

 

 

 

If it was up to Daboll, they would have thrown 99% of the time.  I think McD sees the value in establishing the run and short passing game.  I have my issues with McD, but he's right on this.  Not that we should intentionally have a 50/50 run/pass offense, but we needed to run more often and effectively than what we did most of the season.

 

I want the ball in Josh's hands, too, but he can't keep carrying the team on his shoulders.  There has to be a more balanced approach.  I think this is what McD wants and why Dorsey and Joe Brady were brought in.  Just need a new OL coach with a similar thought process.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Core Four
9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure there's another level. 

 

A more balanced approach, and one where Josh doesn't account for 80% of the offense.  Daboll's approach is not sustainable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arm of Harm
22 minutes ago, Core Four said:

 

If it was up to Daboll, they would have thrown 99% of the time.  I think McD sees the value in establishing the run and short passing game.  I have my issues with McD, but he's right on this.  Not that we should intentionally have a 50/50 run/pass offense, but we needed to run more often and effectively than what we did most of the season.

 

I want the ball in Josh's hands, too, but he can't keep carrying the team on his shoulders.  There has to be a more balanced approach.  I think this is what McD wants and why Dorsey and Joe Brady were brought in.  Just need a new OL coach with a similar thought process.

 

I agree with a lot of what you've written.

 

Do I want to see a 50/50 mix of pass and run? No! Of course not. A guy like Josh Allen is going to average over 7 yards per pass attempt. Whereas, a running play might be about 4 yards per carry. So, you're going to want to lean towards plays which produce the higher average yardage, which means pass plays.

 

On the other hand, there sure were plenty of games when the RBs did not much, and where Josh was our leading rusher. That's a problem we need to fix. You want to see Josh run maybe a little less often, and you want to see the RBs get enough carries and enough yards per carry that defenses are forced to respect the run.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arm of Harm

On another matter, I want to say this. Dorsey is a first-time offensive coordinator. He might not fully understand every aspect of being an offensive coordinator on day 1. Joe Brady is a former offensive coordinator. I hope Dorsey isn't too proud to ask Brady questions, and I hope Brady is very forthcoming with his answers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crap Throwing Clavin
48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure there's another level. 

 

But what if there is?  :excited:

  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Core Four said:

 

A more balanced approach, and one where Josh doesn't account for 80% of the offense.  Daboll's approach is not sustainable.

I dont want him running his tires bald. I want him running possible 3 or 4 times a game with the RB doing more of the carries. That said, his RPO did improve a bit this year. Eye test not stats that is. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IDBillzFan
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure there's another level. 

 

I saw an interview with Josh after he beat the snotshit out of the Patriots* in the playoff game.

 

He made his usual comments that it was a good game, but there are still some things left on the field, etc. The interviewer said, "You basically just had the perfect game. What could you possibly improve upon?" 

 

Josh responded, "Well, I did throw four incompletions."

 

This phucking dude. I think there is another level.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines