Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Free Agents - Who Are You Signing?

Ann

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

Mike Gisecki. Gonna pound that drum till it breaks

Meh.  And I’m being generous.  

I’ll roll the health dice with Allen Robinson.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Mike Gisecki. Gonna pound that drum till it breaks

Gesicki has played in 8 career games vs the Bills.

In those 8 games he has caught a total of 28 passes for 343 yards and 1 TD.

That’s an average of 3.5 catches, 42.8 yards, and .1 TDs per game.

That’s where you want to spend the money?

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Gesicki has played in 8 career games vs the Bills.

In those 8 games he has caught a total of 28 passes for 343 yards and 1 TD.

That’s an average of 3.5 catches, 42.8 yards, and .1 TDs per game.

That’s where you want to spend the money?

Who's been throwing the ball to him? Who's been designing his plays? Put him in this offense and watch.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Who's been throwing the ball to him? Who's been designing his plays? Put him in this offense and watch.

Dawson Knox: Knox will earn a base salary of $2,510,000 and a workout bonus of $30,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,745,545 and a dead cap value of $205,545. (spotrac)
Mike Gesicki will "probably" earn between $11 million and $13 million per year in free agency.

1. Bills aren't paying that.
2. You think Mike Gesicki is worth $7.5-9.5M more than Knox? (assuming that "probably" is accurate)

22 minutes ago, Ann said:

Dawson Knox: Knox will earn a base salary of $2,510,000 and a workout bonus of $30,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,745,545 and a dead cap value of $205,545. (spotrac)
Mike Gesicki will "probably" earn between $11 million and $13 million per year in free agency.

1. Bills aren't paying that.
2. You think Mike Gesicki is worth $7.5-9.5M more than Knox? (assuming that "probably" is accurate)

Oh I know they won't.

I just wish they would.

Here's what's going to happen this offseason:

Defense, and lots of it. probably a CB in the first, a DL or two in 2/3

Maybe a middling tier Guard. That's my guess anyway

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

Oh I know they won't.

I just wish they would.

Here's what's going to happen this offseason:

Defense, and lots of it. probably a CB in the first, a DL or two in 2/3

Maybe a middling tier Guard. That's my guess anyway

Gesicki is one dimensional and expensive.  It would be a mistake to allocate any $ to him IMO.  Sweeney or a draft pick could equal his output for cheap.

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Gesicki is one dimensional and expensive.  It would be a mistake to allocate any $ to him IMO.  Sweeney or a draft pick could equal his output for cheap.

Whoa...let's not go overboard here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Watch.  And Sweeney can block.  Gesicki is not worth considering IMO.

Again, I have no illusions that the Bills will do this.

It's like a moonshot Christmas wish.

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Agree that Gesicki is not worth the money, he can at least catch.  Sweeney is no where near the level Gesecki is, at least right now.

19 minutes ago, Joe said:

Again, I have no illusions that the Bills will do this.

It's like a moonshot Christmas wish.

You have low standards for moonshots.  Gesicki is more like wishing for a pony ride.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You have low standards for moonshots.  Gesicki is more like wishing for a pony ride.

in fairness, so was Knox last year.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Joe said:

in fairness, so was Knox last year.

Knox was already in the building, on the cheap, had the confidence of the quarterback and coaching staff, and showed real flashes of being a true playmaker.

This was big because Knox wasn’t all that far removed from being a quarterback.

Knox is also a “first guy in, last guy out” sort, which made people in the know believe he would climb the mountain.

That strikes me as a very different situation from Gesicki.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Knox was already in the building, on the cheap, had the confidence of the quarterback and coaching staff, and showed real flashes of being a true playmaker.

This was big because Knox wasn’t all that far removed from being a quarterback.

Knox is also a “first guy in, last guy out” sort, which made people in the know believe he would climb the mountain.

That strikes me as a very different situation from Gesicki.

Still, if you'd told me last season that Knox would record 10 TD this year, i'd have told you to have your head examined

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, Joe said:

Still, if you'd told me last season that Knox would record 10 TD this year, i'd have told you to have your head examined

I certainly wouldn’t have bet on it, but I wasn’t shocked by it either. I always thought it was a matter of if he’d be able to put it all together, and become consistent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sweeney couldn't catch a cold standing outside naked on a January North Pole day.  There's a reason there was a move towards Tommy Doyle as the season went on - it was just better to put a tackle on the field than pretend Sweeney was a threat to catch a pass.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Sweeney couldn't catch a cold standing outside naked on a January North Pole day.  There's a reason there was a move towards Tommy Doyle as the season went on - it was just better to put a tackle on the field than pretend Sweeney was a threat to catch a pass.

He also has had stunted development due to a heart condition.  This off-season will be meaningful for him.  Odds are that he won’t pan out but it is certain that Gesicki will never be a complete TE as his blocking is non existent and not likely to improve.  He will also cost a lot.  If the Bills draft a TE I can get behind that but Gesicki is at the bottom of the wish list for me.  I’d rather wait a year and spend $ elsewhere.   In that way I prefer Sweeney to Gesicki.

• Wow 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

He also has had stunted development due to a heart condition.  This off-season will be meaningful for him.  Odds are that he won’t pan out but it is certain that Gesicki will never be a complete TE as his blocking is non existent and not likely to improve.  He will also cost a lot.  If the Bills draft a TE I can get behind that but Gesicki is at the bottom of the wish list for me.  I’d rather wait a year and spend $ elsewhere.   In that way I prefer Sweeney to Gesicki.

Oh, I have no love for Gesicki (dude couldn't block my dead mother and is going to get PAID anyway).

My issue with Sweeney is 100% a complete lack of athleticism.  When he's on the field, you can basically leave him uncovered because even if he catches the ball, he's not doing anything else with it.  Dude is glacially slow and has hips worse than my 75 year old mother-in-law.

• Haha 2