Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Free Agents - Who Are You Signing?

Ann

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Thoughts?

First round pick in 2018. Had over 800 receiving yards each of his first two years in the league. 1374 receiving yards his third year. Less than 300 receiving yards this past year while appearing in only five games. Non-football injury. 

I’d certainly be interested in signing him as a free agent if the price is right. 8 million a year seems perfectly reasonable to me. 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Thoughts?

I’d want to know more about his mental well being before signing him, but if he’s right in the head he’d put up a lot of points/yards with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 3

Billsandhorns
10 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

First round pick in 2018. Had over 800 receiving yards each of his first two years in the league. 1374 receiving yards his third year. Less than 300 receiving yards this past year while appearing in only five games. Non-football injury. 

I’d certainly be interested in signing him as a free agent if the price is right. 8 million a year seems perfectly reasonable to me. 

Isn't he the one that shut himself down for mental issues?

On 2/3/2022 at 3:11 PM, Ann said:

Here are the Bills free agents. Besides Bobby Hart :runaway: who do you want resigned?

• DE Mario Addison
  • OL Ryan Bates (RFA)
  • OL Ike Boettger
  • RB Matt Breida
  • DT Vernon Butler
  • LB Tyrel Dodson
  • OL Bobby Hart
  • DE Jerry Hughes
  • RB Taiwan Jones
  • WR Jake Kumerow
  • WR Isaiah McKenzie
  • S Siran Neal
  • DE Efe Obada
  • DT Harrison Phillips
  • WR Emmanuel Sanders
  • QB Mitchell Trubisky
  • CB Levi Wallace
  • DT Justin Zimmer (RFA)

iMak

Zimmer

Wallace

Bates 

Phillips 

Not necessarily in that order, but I gotta say that iMak is really underrated as pure baller. He can play all sides of the ball, and served as a backup corner. Further, he got an All-Pro vote as a returner. I do wonder what he'll be paid, whatever happens.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 1:24 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

I’d want to know more about his mental well being before signing him, but if he’s right in the head he’d put up a lot of points/yards with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.

most everyone can put up huge numbers if Josh throws them enough balls

hard to catch them while sitting at home, though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

most everyone can put up huge numbers if Josh throws them enough balls

hard to catch them while sitting at home, though

The point being made is that Ridley will not put up any numbers if he pulls an Antonio Brown or is a disruption to the locker room.

• Like 1

reclamation project of top 5 pick?

https://www.outkick.com/former-top-3-pick-dante-fowler-released-by-the-falcons/

Atlanta Falcons outside linebacker Dante Fowler has been released by the team, announced on Wednesday.

Fowler was the third overall pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2015. The former first-team All-SEC player out of Florida was touted for his speed and physicality at 6-foot-3 and 255 lbs.

Still a young 27 years of age, Fowler is likely to draw plenty of suitors looking to beef up their pass-rush.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

reclamation project of top 5 pick?

https://www.outkick.com/former-top-3-pick-dante-fowler-released-by-the-falcons/

Atlanta Falcons outside linebacker Dante Fowler has been released by the team, announced on Wednesday.

Fowler was the third overall pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2015. The former first-team All-SEC player out of Florida was touted for his speed and physicality at 6-foot-3 and 255 lbs.

Still a young 27 years of age, Fowler is likely to draw plenty of suitors looking to beef up their pass-rush.

Falcons releasing a Fowler?  What is this, opposite day?

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2022 at 9:00 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I love Ridley's talent and I trust Beane but I don't see him anywhere near Buffalo.

I look at a guy with Ridley’s talent and I imagine what he could achieve if added to an already good Buffalo WR corps. Allen exudes positive energy and enthusiasm and is a good leader. I tell myself that Allen’s leadership, in combination with the Bills’ culture, could really help with Ridley’s mental issues. 

Maybe those things really would help. Or maybe I’m guilty of wishful thinking. Also there can be a downside to having too many receivers, as we saw with Sanders. Guys like Gabe Davis and Cole Beasley got significantly less playing time than they should have, due to Sanders’ presence on the roster. Obviously Ridley is a much better player than Sanders, but I still don’t like the idea of guys like Davis, Beasley, or McKenzie spending too much time on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

I look at a guy with Ridley’s talent and I imagine what he could achieve if added to an already good Buffalo WR corps. Allen exudes positive energy and enthusiasm and is a good leader. I tell myself that Allen’s leadership, in combination with the Bills’ culture, could really help with Ridley’s mental issues. 

Maybe those things really would help. Or maybe I’m guilty of wishful thinking. Also there can be a downside to having too many receivers, as we saw with Sanders. Guys like Gabe Davis and Cole Beasley got significantly less playing time than they should have, due to Sanders’ presence on the roster. Obviously Ridley is a much better player than Sanders, but I still don’t like the idea of guys like Davis, Beasley, or McKenzie spending too much time on the bench. 

Agree with this.  I'd just add that a big part of Sanders seeing so much time is Daboll.  He got a new toy in Sanders and had to force the issue.  I don't want to see a high price WR acquired in FA...just not needed.

This is not an area I typically wade into, so forgive me if this sounds outlandish.

Redskins have announced that no one on their roster is off the table in their desire to bring in a franchise quarterback.

Even Chase Young.

He mentions Rodgers and Wilson, and Jim Miller mentioned Watson, as possibilities, but it would take more than just Chase to get one of those guys.

Could we move Trubisky for Chase? I think he's on a 1-year-deal so I don't even know if it's possible, but it seemed like a possibility.

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is not an area I typically wade into, so forgive me if this sounds outlandish.

Redskins have announced that no one on their roster is off the table in their desire to bring in a franchise quarterback.

Even Chase Young.

He mentions Rodgers and Wilson, and Jim Miller mentioned Watson, as possibilities, but it would take more than just Chase to get one of those guys.

Could we move Trubisky for Chase? I think he's on a 1-year-deal so I don't even know if it's possible, but it seemed like a possibility.

Just for fun: I don’t know the exact value, obviously, but I’d imagine it would take a huge haul of picks on top of Mitch to close a deal for Chase. He plays the second most premium position in the game, multiple first round picks would likely be required based on his age, production, and Washington’s initial investment.  Especially based on where the Bills would be predicted to be picking. 

If it cost the Bills 2 1sts, 2 3rds, and this year’s 2nd rounder - man I don’t know. Chase is special, and culturally would fit in that locker room (I would guess). It would be tempting even at those prices for me. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If it cost the Bills 2 1sts, 2 3rds, and this year’s 2nd rounder - man I don’t know. Chase is special, and culturally would fit in that locker room (I would guess). It would be tempting even at those prices for me. 

I know that we we have to go with two firsts,

but couldn't we cut down on the rest of the offer with a few good (but not great) players thrown in ?

Example: Tremaine, Zack........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Even Chase Young.

Trubisky was on a one year deal, which has now been completed. He's a free agent.

That said, I love the idea of acquiring Chase Young. If you told me I could add just one player to the defense, and that I get to pick the type of player being added, my response would be, "young, elite pass rusher." Chase Young is exactly that.

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Trubisky was on a one year deal, which has now been completed. He's a free agent.

That said, I love the idea of acquiring Chase Young. If you told me I could add just one player to the defense, and that I get to pick the type of player being added, my response would be, "young, elite pass rusher." Chase Young is exactly that.

Sign Fitzpatrick then

Bills by the Numbers Ep. 19: Should the Bills Spend Big in Free Agency?
In this week's Bills by the Numbers podcast presented by FanDuel, Chris Brown and Steve Tasker discuss whether it's the right time for the Bills to spend big in free agency on a top player and which position should be a priority. ESPN's Mike Clay joined the guys to analyze the overall free agent market. Steve is quizzed on the the Bills pass rush statistics in 2021 in The Numbers Game. Finally the pair debate whether the team needs to sell Buffalo as a free agent destination.

• Cheers 1