Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Free Agents - Who Are You Signing?

Ann

Deranged Rhino

Bring back Harry, Lil' Dirty, Neal and Jones. Then land a CB2 and 1 Tech in the top half of the draft on rookie deals, two IOL anywhere you can find them, and spend what ever "big" $ is left on either an established pass rushing talent or an offensive playmaker. There won't be "big" $ left at that point, but hopefully enough to get creative for a vet chasing a ring. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
6 hours ago, B-Man said:

NFL Free Agency: Landing spots for three top wide receivers

by: Brandon Blanco Fansided: NFL Spin Zone7m

A handful of wide receivers will be hitting NFL Free Agency in the 2022 offseason. Where will they go? What impact can they make in real life and fantasy l...

Can you imagine any high end WR signing with the Colts? 

• Haha 1

https://theathletic.com/3159738/2022/03/02/bills-interested-in-adding-rob-gronkowski-as-another-weapon-for-josh-allen/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

INDIANAPOLIS — The Buffalo Bills wanted to bring Rob Gronkowski back home a year ago, and there was nothing about his 2021 season that has diverted their interest.

Word here at the NFL Scouting Combine is that if Gronkowski wants to keep playing, the Bills still are open to adding the Amherst, N.Y., native to their offense.

• FANtastic 1

17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Can you imagine any high end WR signing with the Colts? 

If they elect to keep Carson Wentz, that high end WR would be quickly bored.

Looks like the Bills are at least entertaining the idea of signing Gronk.  I'm on the fence about this.  If they sign him for a year, fine.  If not, I can live with that, too.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Core Four said:

Looks like the Bills are at least entertaining the idea of signing Gronk.  I'm on the fence about this.  If they sign him for a year, fine.  If not, I can live with that, too.

I'd be concerned what it means for Knox.  Who, at this point in their respective careers, I like better.

Plus...Gronk is a stereotypical Williamsville North meathead.  I never really liked him.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'd be concerned what it means for Knox.  Who, at this point in their respective careers, I like better.

Plus...Gronk is a stereotypical Williamsville North meathead.  I never really liked him.

I doubt this means much for Knox, who is most likely the long term solution at TE.  If anything, I could see many two TE sets with both Knox and Gronk on the field and 2-3 WRs with potentially an empty backfield on some downs.  IMO, the only reason they might consider signing Gronk is due to the inability of Sweeney to show anything.  The question is, what does this mean for Sweeney.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Core Four said:

I doubt this means much for Knox, who is most likely the long term solution at TE.  If anything, I could see many two TE sets with both Knox and Gronk on the field and 2-3 WRs with potentially an empty backfield on some downs.  IMO, the only reason they might consider signing Gronk is due to the inability of Sweeney to show anything.  The question is, what does this mean for Sweeney.

Gronk can block

• Like 1

any interest if he's cut?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-sterling-shepard-asked-by-team-to-accept-pay-cut-in-2022-and-beyond-per-report/

It is currently unclear just how much the Giants would like to lop off of his 2022 base salary of $8.75 million -- set to hit the Giants overall cap for a hefty $12.5 million next season -- but it's rumored they're looking for a drastic reduction that could land him closer to league minimum. For a six-year veteran wideout, that would amount to only $1.03 million, more than $7 million in lost revenue.

52 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

any interest if he's cut?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-sterling-shepard-asked-by-team-to-accept-pay-cut-in-2022-and-beyond-per-report/

It is currently unclear just how much the Giants would like to lop off of his 2022 base salary of $8.75 million -- set to hit the Giants overall cap for a hefty $12.5 million next season -- but it's rumored they're looking for a drastic reduction that could land him closer to league minimum. For a six-year veteran wideout, that would amount to only $1.03 million, more than $7 million in lost revenue.

I’d really prefer to give Gabe the space to grow. I wasnt a fan of how a vet (Sanders) came in an took a lot of opportunities away from him through the season..he showed out in the playoffs and i wanna see him as the number 2 all year long

• Like 4

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/04/report-cowboys-likely-to-release-amari-cooper/

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Dallas is likely to release Cooper by the start of the new league year.

Cooper is due to make $20 million in base salary that becomes fully guaranteed on March 20. Releasing him would save the Cowboys $16 million in cap space.

Notably, Michael Gallup and Cedric Wilson are both set to become unrestricted free agents, as is tight end Dalton Schultz.

4merper4mer
19 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I wouldn't want to touch Gronk without buy in from Tre.

Players, even ones as prominent as Aaron Rodgers, should never be afforded the opportunity to play GM.  The GM’s role is to build the team.

This situation is a rare exception to that rule IMO.  If Beane were to sign Gronk without consulting Tre it would be an atrocious move and potentially highly detrimental to the team.  Every time Tre speaks it is obvious that he is a person that you would love to have on your team, whatever your profession.  Beane would not be building a team by adding a still viable TE for a year or two while simultaneously ignoring what happened.  On field potential gains aside, the locker room is a big part of who we’ve become.

I think Beane should not only discuss this with Tre but also tell him that he needs more than just an ok, he needs an emphatic, enthusiastic, heartfelt approval and if he senses even the slightest trepidation in Tre’s voice, any pursuit of Gronk will immediately cease and neither Tre nor Beane will ever speak publicly about it again.

Personally I don’t buy the narrative that the Bills are interested; particularly  because Gronk left Allen of his personal list of good young QBs.  Shirley.  I’m guessing he knows the Bills won’t sign him.  I’m also guessing and hoping that Tre knows where we stand either way.

I would have never signed Landry after what he did to Aaron Williams and it was terrible IMO……I’m not in any way saying it was less than reprehensible.  It was however on the field of play and during a play.  Gronk hit Tre after the whistle, out of bounds, from behind while he was laying on the ground.  Entirely inexcusable and I’d be shocked if Beane somehow fails to anticipate any ripple effect.  

Personally I now consider Tre far more of a hometown boy than Gronk.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
On 3/4/2022 at 7:49 AM, Sig1Hunter said:

I’d really prefer to give Gabe the space to grow. I wasnt a fan of how a vet (Sanders) came in an took a lot of opportunities away from him through the season..he showed out in the playoffs and i wanna see him as the number 2 all year long

I don't think Davis was 100% early in the season and that was part of the reason Sanders got so many snaps.  There's always a danger of bringing in veteran FAs...because you have to play them or risk getting the reputation of being a place that such players should avoid.

Davis at this moment is the clear number 2 WR and the best blocker we have at the position.  One of the best byproducts of having a top notch QB is there won't be a shortage of guys who will put in the work to get on the field because the rewards will be quick.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2022 at 8:49 AM, Sig1Hunter said:

I also like what Davis is showing and think there is probably more upside.  He is our Smith-Schuster/Bob Woods type receiver and should be the clear WR2.  I personally don't think they need to get a WR in round 1 or 2; if they do, who in Diggs and Davis would he supplant?  There's bigger needs with this draft.  I could see them bringing in another slot WR and possibly WR3 depending on what they think of Stevenson and assuming McKenzie and Beasley are both gone.  If Sanders is back, which is questionable, he could possibly fill the WR3 role.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4merper4mer

I’m not sure about the draft but I’m confident that the Bills will pick up a receiver…..I think it will be FA.  My pipe dream of Allen Robinson won’t come true but I think someone prominent will join the team.

• Cheers 1

swap out Addison and Hughes?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/05/report-cardinals-arent-expected-to-use-franchise-tag-on-chandler-jones/

The Cardinals aren’t expected to apply the franchise tag to veteran defensive end Chandler Jones, clearing the way for him to go wherever he wants to go in free agency. The report regarding the team’s plans comes from Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

It’s no surprise. Given that Jones had a cap number of $20.176 million in 2021, the rules would entitle him to a 20-percent raise and, in turn, a franchise tender (and cap number) of $24.192 million for 2022. The cap-strapped Cardinals would have a hard time carrying that number into the new league year.