Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Free Agents - Who Are You Signing?

Ann

14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Given his lack of success elsewhere...I can't disagree with you.  Shaq is a good run defender but he's a below average pass rusher - he has almost no explosion and needs both schematic and personnel help to beat tackle blocking.  I liked him better rushing the passer inside on obvious passing downs because his speed wasn't as detrimental.

Thanks. I think, from watching him play for us previously, that he has good strength and leverage. So I agree,he might be a good 3T behind Oliver.

I think my number 1 off-season wish is that we obtain a wrecking 1T. We do that and our line is going to be unable to be reckoned with. That one position, if we can get it right, is going to open so much, for not only our line but our backers too.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Given his lack of success elsewhere...I can't disagree with you.  Shaq is a good run defender but he's a below average pass rusher - he has almost no explosion and needs both schematic and personnel help to beat tackle blocking.  I liked him better rushing the passer inside on obvious passing downs because his speed wasn't as detrimental.

Shaq was a good run defender here, but he was starting to really improve on his pass rushing before he left.  I wouldn't say he wasn't successful in Miami, where his stats were comparable to when he was with Buffalo. In NYJ he underperformed, I'm not too concerned about that.  Lawson is not JJ Watt but I would rather have him over Hughes or Addison since he doesn't whiff on tackles.  I hope Beane can get Lawson signed to maybe a three year deal.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Thanks. I think, from watching him play for us previously, that he has good strength and leverage. So I agree,he might be a good 3T behind Oliver.

I think my number 1 off-season wish is that we obtain a wrecking 1T. We do that and our line is going to be unable to be reckoned with. That one position, if we can get it right, is going to open so much, for not only our line but our backers too.

Interesting thought.  You think he could make that transition?  At the least, he would need to put on 20-30 lbs.

Completely agree on the 1TDT position.  Star won't cut it, plus his availability is not good.  Not sure what happens with Harry Phillips, but he's not a 3 down 1T as he doesn't have the size to plug up the middle.  Not a bad option for passing downs, but I would guess he wants more playing time than just, say, 3rd down.

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Shaq was a good run defender here, but he was starting to really improve on his pass rushing before he left.  I wouldn't say he wasn't successful in Miami, where his stats were comparable to when he was with Buffalo. In NYJ he underperformed, I'm not too concerned about that.  Lawson is not JJ Watt but I would rather have him over Hughes or Addison since he doesn't whiff on tackles.  I hope Beane can get Lawson signed to maybe a three year deal.

I can't say that we saw the same things.  Shaq doesn't regularly get pressures (critical) or sacks (nice to have).  He's never come close to playing to his draft status.  His advance stats say he's "just a guy".

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can't say that we saw the same things.  Shaq doesn't regularly get pressures (critical) or sacks (nice to have).  He's never come close to playing to his draft status.  His advance stats say he's "just a guy".

I agree that he didn't earlier in his career, but he did seem to improve on that his last year or two here.  Like I mentioned, he's not JJ Watt or the Bosas, but Shaq is at least a good tackler when he gets there.  I would still take Lawson over foolishly signing Hughes or Addison.

4 hours ago, Core Four said:

I agree that he didn't earlier in his career, but he did seem to improve on that his last year or two here.  Like I mentioned, he's not JJ Watt or the Bosas, but Shaq is at least a good tackler when he gets there.  I would still take Lawson over foolishly signing Hughes or Addison.

Shaq is good against the run. I would like Hughes at a lesser salary and try him in a Zo Alexander role. IIRC, he was drafted as a LB. And bye bye Addison. 

9 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Shaq is good against the run. I would like Hughes at a lesser salary and try him in a Zo Alexander role. IIRC, he was drafted as a LB. And bye bye Addison. 

The problems I have with Hughes is that age is starting to show and he's not what he used to be, and the refs rarely to never call holding/PFs on the OT when they manhandle Hughes, which essentially renders him useless.  When he does get near the QB, Hughes has the same problem as Addison...whiffing on tackles.

Hopefully, Beane is able to sign Shaq at least to a one year prove-it deal.  I just don't see a "splash" signing such as Chandler Jones, especially not at $15M/year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Wow, that's a lot of players available.

Anyone you would want?

FOoHdPfWQAAJDND?format=png&name=large

Josh Rosen, of course.  

And I'm genuinely surprised Cory Bojorquez is on that list.  He didn't have a terrible season last year...middle of the pack stats.  Meaning he'd be an improvement for half the teams in the league.  

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Josh Rosen, of course.  

And I'm genuinely surprised Cory Bojorquez is on that list.  He didn't have a terrible season last year...middle of the pack stats.  Meaning he'd be an improvement for half the teams in the league.  

Too bad he can't hold. He'd make a good Olineman if he could...

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Too bad he can't hold. He'd make a good Olineman if he could...

You're seriously underrating his lack of inability to not play defensive back as poorly, as well.

• Love 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:40 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You're seriously underrating his lack of inability to not play defensive back as poorly, as well.

Image result for double negative memes

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Image result for double negative memes

It was a quadruple negative, front- and back-loaded with a half-twist of ambiguity, you nit.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It was a quadruple negative, front- and back-loaded with a half-twist of ambiguity, you nit.

I was checking on your math abilities

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ann said:

free.jpg.d195236eb45d466310596fbc620145eb.jpg

Thank God for this. As we all know from ATOP, compensatory picks are the most valuable picks.

1 minute ago, Koko said:

Thank God for this. As we all know from ATOP, compensatory picks are the most valuable picks.

I was trying to figure out why it mattered. Sure a competitor might get an extra draft pick, but if a team really wanted a guy...

Spartacus
14 minutes ago, Ann said:

I was trying to figure out why it mattered. Sure a competitor might get an extra draft pick, but if a team really wanted a guy...

Joe Haden fits this group

If signed after today, he does not count as a +1 in computing the net free agents lost

more likely the Bills could qualify for a comp pick  

more important if they lost someone who signed big contract so get 3rd round pick as comp