Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The UNOFFICIAL 2022 Salary Cap Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Back to the thread:

Everyone gets restructured to make $1,000,000 next year and take the remainder of their salary and guaranty it at $0.40/$1.00, spread out over 3 years.  That should free up a ton of cap to throw at all the top free agents.

Edited by snafu

48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I've already done worse.

And I'm planning worse that that.  Working on my "Here's why we should trade Josh for Tua" post right now.

We're definitely going to have to send picks along with.  Friggin' Beane.  What's a guy gotta do to get a Buddy Nix type back in the building?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

Back to the thread:

Everyone gets restructured to make $1,000,000 next year and take the remainder of their salary and guaranty it at $0.40/$1.00, spread out over 3 years.  That should free up a ton of cap to throw at all the top free agents.

What's this money talk? 

Have you forgotten the NFL  is all about feelings?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I wonder what/how Magic Beane got us far enough under the cap to afford Von today. 

We started the off season, what... $6mm over the cap, wasn't it?

Wrong thread. 

We are now 9 bazillion dollars over the cap. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Wrong thread. 

We are now 9 bazillion dollars over the cap. 

No worries, we'll just convert that to a *Patriots signing bonus for Macorkle.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

No worries, we'll just convert that to a *Patriots signing bonus for Macorkle.

Just give em some comp pics to blow.

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You know what Josh Allen's cap hit is in 2022?  $16M.  And going up to almost $40M in 2023. 

I'm telling you, they have ruined the future of this team with the contract they signed Allen to.  They need to cut him now, take the dead-money cap hit in 2022, and start rebuilding this team in to a contender.

I'm telling you, Allen is killing this team.

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'm telling you, Allen is killing this team.

Baker, Darnold and the right Josh are all available 

you can probably get Lamar, until he wakes up to negotiate a contract

27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

DIGGS!

4 years added, $70M guaranteed.

Even without the draft, this is the best offseason in team history.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:31 PM, Uncle Joe said:

What's this money talk? 

Have you forgotten the NFL  is all about feelings?

What about all the mean tweets I heard about from Diggs that was all the rage these last few weeks?

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

What about all the mean tweets I heard about from Diggs that was all the rage these last few weeks?

I had zero reason to doubt what Beane said in his press conference.  He all but said he was going to make it happen - without actually saying it.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I had zero reason to doubt what Beane said in his press conference.  He all but said he was going to make it happen - without actually saying it.

Wrong thread.  This is the thread for bad takes.  You should be complaining about how, between Allen's and Diggs' excessive contracts, this team is ruined for foreseeable future.  

Doug Whaley was right.  We should have traded Diggs.

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Wrong thread.  This is the thread for bad takes.  You should be complaining about how, between Allen's and Diggs' excessive contracts, this team is ruined for foreseeable future.  

Diggs should be gone, and that bum WrongJosh with him. I know a guy who knows a guy who said his neighbor saw Josh Allen in the feminine hygiene aisle at Walgreens last week, just going on about how Buffalo sucks and he wants to be traded to a real team like the Washington Cobra Commanders.

• Wow 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I want to know what they were thinking. Now we have all that extra unused cap space! WHY!! its like an unused Time Out. WHO CARES IF YOU ARE LEADING BY 20 WITH 30 SECONDS. USE THEM!!!

How is that?

Edited by Fansince88

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I want to know what they were thinking. Now we have all that extra unused cap space! WHY!! its like an unused Time Out. WHO CARES IF YOU ARE LEADING BY 20 WITH 30 SECONDS. USE THEM!!!

How is that?

Seriously. Beane is acting like a rookie GM in his first offseason. He's not only overspent on a raft of veteran FAs, but he's created unnecessary Cap space to boot. Oh for the sacred memory of Booth Lustig! I swear, The Bills are going in circles with Beane at the helm. Everyone knows we need to lose all non-division games and let our FAs go so move up in the draft and also get the all important 5th round comp picks.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

He's not only overspent on a raft of veteran FAs, but he's created unnecessary Cap space to boot.

Created cap space?

Pegula is cheap!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Seriously. Beane is acting like a rookie GM in his first offseason. He's not only overspent on a raft of veteran FAs, but he's created unnecessary Cap space to boot. Oh for the sacred memory of Booth Lustig! I swear, The Bills are going in circles with Beane at the helm. Everyone knows we need to lose all non-division games and let our FAs go so move up in the draft and also get the all important 5th round comp picks.

Duh! Nobody goes in circles like the Buffalo Bills.

• Haha 2

If I didn't know I was here and sarcasm hadn't taken over this place I'd have thought I was ATOP. This new guy who keeps throwing all this crap around reminds me of gatorman while he was transitioning to Tiberius. 

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If I didn't know I was here and sarcasm hadn't taken over this place I'd have thought I was ATOP. This new guy who keeps throwing all this crap around reminds me of gatorman while he was transitioning to Tiberius. 

Yeah, he throws off that kind of jive vibe. Maybe it’s Sully.