2022 Bills Draft Thread

KD in CA

Jabba The Hutt
On 2/17/2022 at 9:29 AM, LB3 said:

Sooooo...🤣

12 hours ago, Ann said:

Some of the replies made me laugh out loud. :classic_blush:

31 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Rasheed Walker creates a new position called Penetrating Offensive Tackle. 

You guys were saying how we need somebody with some nastiness...1st overall pick!:classic_love:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

On 2/17/2022 at 8:29 AM, LB3 said:

Sooooo...🤣

Tremendous push, great thrust, flexible hips.

Looks like a Patriot to me.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Tremendous push, great thrust, flexible hips.

Looks like a Patriot to me.

Rasheed always said that the only reason to play for Marcia's team was so he could experience what a hand in the dirt was like on offense. 

See the source image

The NFL scouting combine just informed draft prospects they’ll be in a “bubble” in secure locations next month in Indianapolis, with limited exceptions: “Players who violate this policy at any time will be disqualified from further participation and sent home.” From the memo:

Players will be allowed to invite one “medical support person” (e.g. a trainer) to the combine. That person must be fully vaccinated. All meals and snacks will be provided by the combine. Major precautions, to say the least.

covid.thumb.jpg.25455d8f504f65bdbe33393c0b745a67.jpg

• Angry 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ann said:

After seeing the Bills interviews to date during the NFL Combine, I think it is a safe bet to say the Bills are looking to draft CB and/or WR high. Since this is a very deep WR class, do they pick one in the first? Or wait a round or two?

I hope they wait until at least the 3rd round, 4th preferably, for a WR.  They have Diggs and Davis as WR1 and WR2; neither is very old, especially Davis.  Who gets pushed back if a WR is drafted in rounds 1 or 2?  At some point you have to commit to who has already proven themselves, I would say that both Diggs and Davis have done that and neither should have to compete for their position at camp.  Even more, Josh has a level of trust with both...that matters a lot.

EDIT:  Was just thinking more about this.  If Beane is thinking about a fast slot/underneath type WR, that would make more sense.  In that case, I could see round 2.

Edited by Core Four
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I hope they wait until at least the 3rd round, 4th preferably, for a WR.  They have Diggs and Davis as WR1 and WR2; neither is very old, especially Davis.  Who gets pushed back if a WR is drafted in rounds 1 or 2?  At some point you have to commit to who has already proven themselves, I would say that both Diggs and Davis have done that and neither should have to compete for their position at camp.  Even more, Josh has a level of trust with both...that matters a lot.

EDIT:  Was just thinking more about this.  If Beane is thinking about a fast slot/underneath type WR, that would make more sense.  In that case, I could see round 2.

If Beasley is gone, do you think they might sign McKenzie to replace him instead of drafting? 

29 minutes ago, Ann said:

If Beasley is gone, do you think they might sign McKenzie to replace him instead of drafting? 

It's possible, though at the least McKenzie will test the market.  I think it just depends on if a team gives him money the Bills will not match.  Also not sure how McKenzie feels about McD for being benched; could be some friction and he may not want to re-sign.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ann said:

likely that Beasley "trade" talk is to set his market value for a pay cut.

Beane will draft a speed guy  who can play slot (as his eventual replacement), can run out of backfield to provide immediate impact, and can return

McKenzie will be gone- can't rely on him as returner 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

likely that Beasley "trade" talk is to set his market value for a pay cut.

Beane will draft a speed guy  who can play slot (as his eventual replacement), can run out of backfield to provide immediate impact, and can return

McKenzie will be gone- can't rely on him as returner 

I do love McKenzie but a returner he is not. 

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
15 hours ago, Ann said:

After seeing the Bills interviews to date during the NFL Combine, I think it is a safe bet to say the Bills are looking to draft CB and/or WR high. Since this is a very deep WR class, do they pick one in the first? Or wait a round or two?

really don’t want them to draft a CB in the first! There are much better ways to use that pick, such as the offensive line. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Arm of Harm said:

really don’t want them to draft a CB in the first! There are much better ways to use that pick, such as the offensive line. 

but you want the defense to play more aggressive

need better CBs to do that

16 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Yes, we do need a better CB2 without a doubt.  This is also a CB deep draft, so you don't have to spend a first round pick to get a good CB, you have the luxury to wait.  Agree with @Arm of Harm that if a LT or C, with a first round grade is there, you take them.

Edited by Core Four

Arm of Harm
46 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The Bengals’ secondary ranked 24th in DVOA. But while the Bengals didn’t have as good a secondary as the Bills, what they did have was a real defensive coordinator. Their defense generated six stops in their postseason game against the Chiefs. That’s three times more than Frazier’s defense was able to accomplish. If Frazier burns his own defensive plan, and imitates the Bengals’ plan instead, he’ll accomplish a whole lot more than he did the last time around. 

Sure, I’m always in favor of adding talent on both sides of the ball. But Dane Jackson played well as a temporary replacement for Tre White, and the Bills are getting White back. The secondary may not be perfect, but they have the talent on board already to accomplish a heck of a lot more than they did against the Chiefs. All they need is the right game plan. Or even a plausible game plan.

Had the Bills made it to the Super Bowl, the Rams’ DL would have been a tough test for our offensive line. Much tougher than the DLs of the Patriots or Chiefs. As the offensive line goes, so goes the offense. If you give Allen time to throw, and if you give the RBs good run blocking, you’ll get a whole different offense than the one you’ll see when the OL gets dominated. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Pride of Nimrod Arkansas! 
I must admit a 2,700 lb leg lift is impressive. I think @Boyst himself would find that pretty difficult. :whistling:

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Pride of Nimrod Arkansas! 
I must admit a 2,700 lb leg lift is impressive. I think @Boyst himself would find that pretty difficult. :whistling:

I have a ruptured s1-l5. A 12mmx12mm herniation up the spine 6mm deep. I have had 2 epidurals to avoid surgery. I ain't lifting much.

I am gonna get fat.  I miss running and all the things. 

• Sad 2