Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills Draft Thread

KD in CA

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I have a ruptured s1-l5. A 12mmx12mm herniation up the spine 6mm deep. I have had 2 epidurals to avoid surgery. I ain't lifting much.

I am gonna get fat.  I miss running and all the things. 

How did you do that?

32 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I have a ruptured s1-l5. A 12mmx12mm herniation up the spine 6mm deep. I have had 2 epidurals to avoid surgery. I ain't lifting much.

I am gonna get fat.  I miss running and all the things. 

Sorry to hear that. I really am. I just had my third herniated disk and an impinged nerve root operated on. My backs been degrading for years. Hurt it in my 20s - fell off scaffolding, fell on my butt. 
Here on the Cape Neurosurgeons work on disc problems. The Physiatrist treatments only go so far…

When and if you get to the point where you need to get it fixed, try to find an endoscopic Neurosurgeon. I was awake during the procedure and my 1/2” wound was closed with glue. True story. 

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Sorry to hear that. I really am. I just had my third herniated disk and an impinged nerve root operated on. My backs been degrading for years. Hurt it in my 20s - fell off scaffolding, fell on my butt. 
Here on the Cape Neurosurgeons work on disc problems. The Physiatrist treatments only go so far…

When and if you get to the point where you need to get it fixed, try to find an endoscopic Neurosurgeon. I was awake during the procedure and my 1/2” wound was closed with glue. True story. 

Good luck! 

Do you now whinny and jump random females that are out of their stall? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

How did you do that?

June 22nd, 2021. I did two workouts and crushed everyone which is all that matters, really. But 9 hours later around 330am it was the only injury I've ever had and screaming pain. A total of 172 box jumps probably did it. Woke up at 3am screaming. Couldn't feel my right leg other than burning, ice, stabbing, etc.

That was Tuesday. Saturday I competed in a competition with my wife. 😁

PR'd my power clean without even trying. 265# or meaning to do so because it's dumb to go for that vs squat clean.

Because the bars were high AF to even me having to jump the wod had burpee pullups. It took us from 2nd to 4th. (my wife is 5'7 on a good day) and had to climb on a box to get to the bar.  We would have won the finals wod. Row+carry.

6 hours ago, Nanker said:

Good luck! 

I have seen 3 neurologists, 2 Ortho surgeons, and 3 DPT's.  I'm friends with the 3 DPT's. I had full drop foot for the first 6 months. Had two epidurals. Every day I get new sharp pains in my toes and foot.  An electric nerve conduction study revealed the nerve is still alive.

I've watched a few procedures and friends with enough med folks around here to know it's like changing oil these days but once you start it you'll need it done every so often. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Boyst said:

June 22nd, 2021. I did two workouts and crushed everyone which is all that matters, really. But 9 hours later around 330am it was the only injury I've ever had and screaming pain. A total of 172 box jumps probably did it. Woke up at 3am screaming. Couldn't feel my right leg other than burning, ice, stabbing, etc.

That was Tuesday. Saturday I competed in a competition with my wife. 😁

PR'd my power clean without even trying. 265# or meaning to do so because it's dumb to go for that vs squat clean.

Because the bars were high AF to even me having to jump the wod had burpee pullups. It took us from 2nd to 4th. (my wife is 5'7 on a good day) and had to climb on a box to get to the bar.  We would have won the finals wod. Row+carry.

I have seen 3 neurologists, 2 Ortho surgeons, and 3 DPT's.  I'm friends with the 3 DPT's. I had full drop foot for the first 6 months. Had two epidurals. Every day I get new sharp pains in my toes and foot.  An electric nerve conduction study revealed the nerve is still alive.

I've watched a few procedures and friends with enough med folks around here to know it's like changing oil these days but once you start it you'll need it done every so often. 

Just amputate the leg and get back to work.

4 hours ago, Koko said:

Just amputate the leg and get back to work.

Meh. I got life to live but the days of deadlifting 600+, running sub 5 miles and sub 2:30 Fran is behind me at 40.  🤮

46 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Meh. I got life to live but the days of deadlifting 600+, running sub 5 miles and sub 2:30 Fran is behind me at 40.  🤮

Sounds like it’s time to get into a regimen of 12 oz. curls. 

55 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I know one thing for a fact. I have never tweaked the fat on my hips! In all seriousness. I did not know this. Stay safe man!

Edited by Fansince88

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sounds like it’s time to get into a regimen of 12 oz. curls. 

Hell nah. But I remember a few years ago seeing some NFL OL prospect bench 225 for reps.  I gave it a try.  I put it up 27 times. 

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
On 3/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, Boyst said:

Two kinds of crossfitters:

1.  Those with permanent injuries. 

2.  Those who will eventually be permanently injured. 

More or less the same thing with power lifting.   I'm lucky because my worst injury is just sciatic nerve impingement.   Just means a couple times a year I pretty much can't do anything but lay flat on my back for a couple of days.  Got off easy, all things considered. 

• Like 2

Beer__League__Hockey
19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Two kinds of crossfitters:

1.  Those with permanent injuries. 

2.  Those who will eventually be permanently injured. 

More or less the same thing with power lifting.   I'm lucky because my worst injury is just sciatic nerve impingement.   Just means a couple times a year I pretty much can't do anything but lay flat on my back for a couple of days.  Got off easy, all things considered. 

Sorry to continue the non-draft talk.

I'm a (2) but luckily not yet a (1).  Powerlifter here, started at about 30.  Partially ruptured the L5-S1 disc at 40, had microdiscectomy surgery later that year.  The sciatica was terrible on my left side, all the physio wasn't helping.  It took almost 1.5 years to get back to feeling comfortable under the bar.  Now 45 and I am close to back to the same strength I had at my peak.  Difference is I don't try 1 rep maxes anymore, and no more DLs - hex bar only.  I keep my top or working sets in that 5-10 rep range.  Still increasing lifts weights/reps month to month, so I'll take any progress at this point.  No more ego lifting here.

Plus I can play ice hockey again pain free; that keeps me sane in the winter.

• Cheers 1

Arm of Harm

In light of recent free agent signings and the Morse extension, I will do a new proposed draft for the Bills.

Round 1: LT. The goal with this pick is to upgrade two positions. You want this player to be a better, more athletic LT than Dawkins. And, you hope that Dawkins is better than Bates at guard. If both those things happen, this pick allows the OL to take a big step up. Meanwhile, Bates becomes a backup, providing valuable depth and versatility to the OL. 

Round 2: CB. You want this CB to be an upgrade over the departing Levi Wallace. Tre White might not be ready for opening day. So, your opening day starting CBs might be Dane Jackson and this player.

Round 3: LB. With Klein gone, the Bills are in need of a LB. This player would be a backup LB, and would serve as their third linebacker on the rare occasions when they go 4-3.

Round 4: QB. In a perfect world you have your starter, your veteran backup, and your developmental QB. This guy is the developmental QB.

Rounds 5 - 7: best player available. A RB might be a possibility somewhere in here. You also think about guys who can contribute as tacklers or kick returners on special teams. If there's a good punter who's also a good holder, I wouldn't mind using a 6th or 7th round pick on him.

Sign a veteran backup QB.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

In light of recent free agent signings and the Morse extension, I will do a new proposed draft for the Bills.

Round 1: LT. The goal with this pick is to upgrade two positions. You want this player to be a better, more athletic LT than Dawkins. And, you hope that Dawkins is better than Bates at guard. If both those things happen, this pick allows the OL to take a big step up. Meanwhile, Bates becomes a backup, providing valuable depth and versatility to the OL. 

Round 2: CB. You want this CB to be an upgrade over the departing Levi Wallace. Tre White might not be ready for opening day. So, your opening day starting CBs might be Dane Jackson and this player.

Round 3: LB. With Klein gone, the Bills are in need of a LB. This player would be a backup LB, and would serve as their third linebacker on the rare occasions when they go 4-3.

Round 4: QB. In a perfect world you have your starter, your veteran backup, and your developmental QB. This guy is the developmental QB.

Rounds 5 - 7: best player available. A RB might be a possibility somewhere in here. You also think about guys who can contribute as tacklers or kick returners on special teams. If there's a good punter who's also a good holder, I wouldn't mind using a 6th or 7th round pick on him.

Sign a veteran backup QB.

I would be very happy with this draft.  If Bates doesn't sign with the Bills, guard becomes a big position of need.

I can see two CBs taken, and why not with this draft being so deep in CBs.  One in the 2nd and also in the 5th.

I also like the idea of a developmental QB to groom as Josh's backup, but we need a vet for this year.  Not sure who the vet is right now.

• Like 3

4merper4mer
2 hours ago, Core Four said:

I would be very happy with this draft.  If Bates doesn't sign with the Bills, guard becomes a big position of need.

I can see two CBs taken, and why not with this draft being so deep in CBs.  One in the 2nd and also in the 5th.

I also like the idea of a developmental QB to groom as Josh's backup, but we need a vet for this year.  Not sure who the vet is right now.

You know who the vet is.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

You know who the vet is.

Yeah, I think I do.  I like the idea, but I also don't like the idea...if you know what I mean.