Jump to content

Franchise/Transition Tags 2022


Foxx
 Share

Recommended Posts

The period for teams to tag their players runs from February 22 through to March 8th @ 4pm EST.

 

Who gets the tag and who is told to go fly a kite?

 

The cap is expected to be $208.2M.

 

 

The estimated tags are as follows:

 

Projected Restricted Free Agent Tenders

  • Right of 1st Refusal: $2,433,000
  • Original Draft Round: $2,540,000
  • 2nd Rounder: $3,986,000
  • 1st Rounder: $5,432,000
     

Projected Franchise Tag Values

  • Quarterback: $29.5M
  • Running Back: $9.5M
  • Wide Receiver: $18.5M
  • Tight End: $11M
  • Offensive Lineman: $16.5M
  • Defensive Tackle: $17M
  • Defensive End: $17.5M
  • Linebacker: $18.5M
  • Cornerback: $17.5M
  • Safety: $13M
  • Kicker/Punter: $5M

 

 

One Player Every Team Should Sign

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Projected Franchise Tag Values

  • Quarterback: $29.5M
  • Running Back: $9.5M
  • Wide Receiver: $18.5M
  • Tight End: $11M
  • Offensive Lineman: $16.5M
  • Defensive Tackle: $17M
  • Defensive End: $17.5M
  • Linebacker: $18.5M
  • Cornerback: $17.5M
  • Safety: $13M
  • Kicker/Punter: $5M

 

 

One Player Every Team Should Sign

 

 

 

I wish that I could tell the fans from 30 years ago that Running Back would be rated slightly higher than punter.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Core Four
33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

 

 

I wish that I could tell the fans from 30 years ago that Running Back would be rated slightly higher than punter.

 

 

 

 

I would have to believe these kind of ratings go in cycles.  As more teams start running the ball, RBs will become more valuable, especially when teams don't have a Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes at QB.

 

IMO, CBs are a bit over valued.  How many true shut down CBs are there?  They all get beat by even WR2s.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spartacus
On 2/19/2022 at 3:06 PM, Core Four said:

 

I would have to believe these kind of ratings go in cycles.  As more teams start running the ball, RBs will become more valuable, especially when teams don't have a Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes at QB.

 

IMO, CBs are a bit over valued.  How many true shut down CBs are there?  They all get beat by even WR2s.

The RB  centric cycle may come back with the dinosasurs,

and just as likely

 

any running the ball is secondary to passing

teams will become more creative using multi-dimension players like Deebo Samuel

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Core Four
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

The RB  centric cycle may come back with the dinosasurs,

and just as likely

 

any running the ball is secondary to passing

teams will become more creative using multi-dimension players like Deebo Samuel

 

 

As I pointed out, teams with starting QBs named Jameis Winston (and equivalent) will absolutely need to run the ball and run it well.  Those third-tier QBs aren't going to win anything for you, so those teams will need to run.  KC, Buffalo, LAC, whoever gets Rodgers, all have the luxury of using the run as a compliment to the pass, even though they may be pass first.  

 

How will the 49ers get more creative with Deebo Samuel?  is he going to play QB, too?  If so, the Ravens kind of got there first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines