Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Scouting Combine

Ann

The NFL Scouting combine will be held Tuesday, March 1 - Monday March 7, 2022.
Occurring at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, this week long event features college football players perform physical and mental tests in front of National Football League coaches, general managers, and scouts.

The NFL scouting combine just informed draft prospects they’ll be in a “bubble” in secure locations next month in Indianapolis, with limited exceptions: “Players who violate this policy at any time will be disqualified from further participation and sent home.”

Players will be allowed to invite one “medical support person” (e.g. a trainer) to the combine. That person must be fully vaccinated. All meals and snacks will be provided by the combine. Major precautions, to say the least.

The memo:

covid.thumb.jpg.69741ec372968edffdf304219f750078.jpg

• Angry 1

The combine started out of necessity because there were a lot of programs that didn't play more than a handful of televised games.  The times have clearly changed and technology has made it completely obsolete.

Unless you're a fringe draft guy, most players are more likely to hurt their draft status by working out in such a sub-optimal environment.  I still have Beane's "I hope he doesn't run a great time" Gabe Davis quote ringing in my ears.  The Godfather had that eval dead to rights.

• Like 3

Billsandhorns
16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The combine started out of necessity because there were a lot of programs that didn't play more than a handful of televised games.  The times have clearly changed and technology has made it completely obsolete.

Unless you're a fringe draft guy, most players are more likely to hurt their draft status by working out in such a sub-optimal environment.  I still have Beane's "I hope he doesn't run a great time" Gabe Davis quote ringing in my ears.  The Godfather had that eval dead to rights.

The fringe guys are not typically invited if I remember correctly

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

The fringe guys are not typically invited if I remember correctly

It kinda depends on your definition of "fringe".  There are 324 players invited, which is a fairly high number.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It kinda depends on your definition of "fringe".  There are 324 players invited, which is a fairly high number.

And approx. 230 draft picks each year.

I'd say plenty of "fringe" guys are invited.

• Like 2