Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Transhumanism and Our Future

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

ask Crap-

it's in his  link

Crap Throwing Monkey

https://bioterrorism.news/2022-03-18-big-pharma-knew-engineered-covid-pandemic-was-coming.html

Both Rahm and Peters warned that these pathogens will be released soon and can vary as to what kind of pathogens they are. They could take the form of COVID-19 vaccine-acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or VAIDS, or a disease could come from nanobots implanted into people through these same vaccines.

I honestly figured you had most of those sites bookmarked already, unlike most of the somnambulant sheeple.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Fansince88

• Nouseforaname

• 2 weeks later...
Nouseforaname
On 6/21/2022 at 5:33 AM, Foxx said:

A bit of context with regards to « useless humans ».  This paragraph represents my reality quite a bit as the technological advancements in my field have forced me to constantly learn new technologies or become irrelevant.  

https://ideas.ted.com/the-rise-of-the-useless-class/

Since we do not know how the job market would look in 2030 or 2040, today we have no idea what to teach our kids. Most of what they currently learn at school will probably be irrelevant by the time they are 40. Traditionally, life has been divided into two main parts: a period of learning, followed by a period of working. Very soon this traditional model will become utterly obsolete, and the only way for humans to stay in the game will be to keep learning throughout their lives and to reinvent themselves repeatedly. Many, if not most, humans may be unable to do so.

36 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

A bit of context with regards to « useless humans ».  This paragraph represents my reality quite a bit as the technological advancements in my field have forced me to constantly learn new technologies or become irrelevant.  

Since we do not know how the job market would look in 2030 or 2040, today we have no idea what to teach our kids. Most of what they currently learn at school will probably be irrelevant by the time they are 40. Traditionally, life has been divided into two main parts: a period of learning, followed by a period of working. Very soon this traditional model will become utterly obsolete, and the only way for humans to stay in the game will be to keep learning throughout their lives and to reinvent themselves repeatedly. Many, if not most, humans may be unable to do so.

I believe this to be mostly true. However I can think of two fields that would be hard pressed to be replaced at this stage. That being computer sciences and skilled trades. Automation is coming a long ways in a short period of time and there are many skilled trades that can be automated, in a controlled environment. Where they will find the going rough is in those uncontrolled environments, ie; the field.

I think what we are embarking upon is the beginning stages of the next transition. As in all transitions, there is a curve and subsequently, growing pains involved. Hopefully we are ultimately moving towards that day when the human endeavor will be free from current constraints and be free to aim much higher.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Which is why it's important for our education system to switch from the current model which is designed to prepare kids to be employees of large corporations to instead prepare them to be entrepreneurs.  Working for 1 company your entire career has been gone for 30 years.  And even working as a W2 employee has been phasing away for the last 20.

Not convinced that the way it's currently set up that it can make that transition.

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

I believe this to be mostly true. However I can think of two fields that would be hard pressed to be replaced at this stage. That being computer sciences and skilled trades. Automation is coming a long ways in a short period of time and there are many skilled trades that can be automated, in a controlled environment. Where they will find the going rough is in those uncontrolled environments, ie; the field.

I think what we are embarking upon is the beginning stages of the next transition. As in all transitions, there is a curve and subsequently, growing pains involved. Hopefully we are ultimately moving towards that day when the human endeavor will be free from current constraints and be free to aim much higher.

You are correct. The sales pitch that everything can be automated is way too bullish in my opinion in the next ten years. Companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft and apple will outpace the rest of the major companies simply because of legacy applications and data.

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Which is why it's important for our education system to switch from the current model which is designed to prepare kids to be employees of large corporations to instead prepare them to be entrepreneurs.  Working for 1 company your entire career has been gone for 30 years.  And even working as a W2 employee has been phasing away for the last 20.

Not convinced that the way it's currently set up that it can make that transition.

Kids now want to be YouTube entrepreneurs .  You’re correct, the old model is outdated.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

"From tomatoes and cucumbers..."

I've honestly never seen fresh produce with a "best buy" date.  Canned or frozen, yes...but fresh produce, it's always the eyeball, squeeze, or (rarely) sniff test.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

These Clavin chips don't need much maintenance.  The power supply does...and I don't know that they're going through my eye socket to replace the CR2032 for my chip.  I'll keep the battery mounted on the back of my skull, thank you - easier to replace.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Facebook, inventing time travel? 

I'm not just calling bullshit, I'm calling the bullshittiest bullshit to ever bullshit.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Facebook, inventing time travel? 

I'm not just calling bullshit, I'm calling the bullshittiest bullshit to ever bullshit.

I was just envisioning the v chip above zapping you as you said that.

• Haha 2