Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Competition Committee and Club Playing Rules Proposals

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You're going full Joe.

Never go full Joe.

I'm only going half-Joe.

Full Joe would be creebing that the Bills are going to somehow screw themselves with this rule.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Doesn't Josh Allen deserve a possession?"

No.  Because the &#%$ing defense failed twice in 4:58 to stop the Chiefs' offense.

This was never a "rules" issue.  It was a "your defense sucks" issue.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No.  Because the &#%$ing defense failed twice in 4:58 to stop the Chiefs' offense.

I agree. But I still love the fact that the Bills have a guy now that the league is bending its will towards. Maybe soon we'll start getting all those Brady-type calls going our way. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Shit.

I've changed my mind.

Nope, You shall always and forever be known as the guy @Joe agrees with with a "this". Purgatory is your only hope now. 

Edited by Fansince88

Alaska Darin

"Shouldn't the number 1 defense in the league be able to generate a single stop in a football game?"

I don't mind the rule change but it really didn't change much, other than force McDermott to go for 2 when the BILLS scored because Frazier still wasn't going to get the ball back, no matter how many chances he was given.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

"Shouldn't the number 1 defense in the league be able to generate a single stop in a football game?"

I don't mind the rule change, but it really didn't change much, other than force McDermott to go for 2 when the BILLS scored because Frazier still wasn't going to get the ball back, no matter how many chances he was given.

Can any D in the league stop Mahomes and company even 50 % of the time? No, not consistently.

I will agree though, because the committee didn't go the extra mile and keep possessions equal until the tie is broken. The coin toss winner still has a big advantage IMO.

Edited by Figster

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Can any D in the league stop Mahomes and company even 50 % of the time? No, not consistently.

I will agree though, because the committee didn't go the extra mile and keep possessions equal until the tie is broken. The coin toss winner still has a big advantage IMO.

Cincinnati did a pretty epic job in the second half of the AFC Championship. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

The coin toss winner ends up winning OT by something like 80-90% of the time; that is overwhelming and does indicate a rule change could be a good thing.

To the first sentence, you won't shut out the Chiefs...they will get their points.  The way we gave them the game in 13 seconds was an absolute travesty.  Our D had to come up with one stop in the series, but couldn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Core Four said:

The coin toss winner ends up winning OT by something like 80-90% of the time; that is overwhelming and does indicate a rule change could be a good thing.

To the first sentence, you won't shut out the Chiefs...they will get their points.  The way we gave them the game in 13 seconds was an absolute travesty.  Our D had to come up with one stop in the series, but couldn't.

I agree on the last 13 seconds. The game should have never reached OT

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Cincinnati did a pretty epic job in the second half of the AFC Championship. 

this is true

I will say however Mahomes  was not his normal self IMO. Something that doesn't happen very often. Missing a 5 yard dump off is normally something he could do with his eyes closed.

Good point on Cinci. I think most teams in the league regardless of how good , have another team in the league they don't match up well with IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, Figster said:

this is true

I will say however Mahomes  was not his normal self IMO. Something that doesn't happen very often. Missing a 5 yard dump off is normally something he could do with his eyes closed.

Good point on Cinci. I think most teams in the league regardless of how good , have another team in the league they don't match up well with IMO. 

I don't think it's really that at all, though I understand what you're saying.  Cincinnati's defensive coordinator did a pretty good job in the second half of both games against the Chiefs.  He continually adapted what he was doing until he rattled Mahomes, Reid, and Hill. 

In the AFC championship game he dared Reid to run the football in the second half but Reid wouldn't commit to it and it killed them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Figster said:

this is true

I can do that every f'n time.