Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills grant WR Cole Beasley permission to seek trade

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

The Buffalo Bills and Cole Beasley could be headed toward a divorce.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Friday that the Bills have granted Beasley permission to seek a trade, per sources informed of the situation. Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane confirmed the news to Garafolo on Thursday.

"They approached us. We listened and have allowed them to seek a trade partner," Beane told Garafolo, adding that "no door is closed" for Beasley to return to Buffalo.

Beasley's agent declined comment on the receiver's situation.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cole-beasley-bills-grant-wr-permission-to-seek-trade

• Sad 5
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Pilsner said:

Can Leslie Frazier get bundled in a Beasley trade? 

Take Leslie and we will give you Cole for free?

• Haha 1

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If I'm reading Spotrac right, $7.5M if he stays, $1.5M in dead money if he's cut.

Hate to see him go, but they need that $6M in cap space.

Thanks. Yeah, I'd hate to see him go, too. If McKenzie is his replacement, he's gone. If he's being replaced with someone not yet signed, it may be a wash (and they should just keep Beasley).

40 minutes ago, Ann said:

Thanks. Yeah, I'd hate to see him go, too. If McKenzie is his replacement, he's gone. If he's being replaced with someone not yet signed, it may be a wash (and they should just keep Beasley).

pretty sure McKenzie can't perform against zone

will need another, or will need to change it up and use others over the middle ( Knox, RBs, WRs)

• Facepalm 2

I think they may have thought they could replace Beas with a combination of McKenzie, McKissic, and Howard. Since the McKissic signing isn't happening now they might be better off keeping Cole for another year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Hate to see him go, I don't think he is going to be as easy to replace as some think. Maye he ends up with the Big Blue to help Jones/Daboll out?

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Hate to see him go, I don't think he is going to be as easy to replace as some think. Maye he ends up with the Big Blue to help Jones/Daboll out?

likely the Bills modify the offense to use more of Howard/Knox over the middle as the zone buster

in place of a pure slot WR

I wonder if letting a player seek a trade is just a sneaky way to allow the player to see what teams will sign him as a free agent once he’s released.

Alaska Darin
21 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

likely the Bills modify the offense to use more of Howard/Knox over the middle as the zone buster

in place of a pure slot WR

The idea of having 2 big dudes on the field instead of one big dude and one small dude is really appealing.  That makes the "normal" running game more effective and the RPO game deadly AF.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Seems like this is in keeping with a reimagined offensive attack and the cap savings made it an attractive path.

Plus, as I thought from the start, the fact Beasley couldn’t STFU about the vaccine crap created a problem.

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, snafu said:

I wonder if letting a player seek a trade is just a sneaky way to allow the player to see what teams will sign him as a free agent once he’s released.

I'm sure that's part of it.

I'm also sure it's the team's way of trying to get something - anything - for a player they plan on releasing.  In a long-shot, "You never know unless you try" sense.