Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills grant WR Cole Beasley permission to seek trade

You Dirty Rat

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Seems like this is in keeping with a reimagined offensive attack and the cap savings made it an attractive path.

Plus, as I thought from the start, the fact Beasley couldn’t STFU about the vaccine crap created a problem.

It's more that he couldn't STFU about the NFLPA being hot garbage...but people couldn't see past "vaccine" to understand that.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Seems like this is in keeping with a reimagined offensive attack and the cap savings made it an attractive path.

Plus, as I thought from the start, the fact Beasley couldn’t STFU about the vaccine crap created a problem.

It also softens the blow when the guy is inevitably released.

I will miss CB because he was a good player who did what you want - played his role and through injuries when the games mattered.  The people who shit on him over his COVID stance can all kiss my red Irish ass.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's more that he couldn't STFU about the NFLPA being hot garbage...but people couldn't see past "vaccine" to understand that.

That’s my point.  I couldn’t care less if he ever got vaxxed, but never understood why he needed to make himself the poster child for the ‘this is all bs’ movement, knowing it could potentially damage his team.  He should have been smart enough to understand what he was doing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That’s my point.  I couldn’t care less if he ever got vaxxed, but never understood why he needed to make himself the poster child for the ‘this is all bs’ movement, knowing it could potentially damage his team.  He should have been smart enough to understand what he was doing.

I am fairly certain he knew exactly what he was doing. He was the voice for a lot of guys who couldn't speak up.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with this...and there were certainly players on the BILLS (Allen likely being one of them) that were more than happy to let him handle all the daggers being sent his way.  I'm glad Cole showed balls because SOMEONE needed to.

Exactly. Will miss that guy. Played through a broken leg in the playoffs in 2021. Thanks for the memories toothless!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Working out with Cleveland. I was wondering if he was just going to retire. Guess not if the team is right.

Part of me wonders if Beasley is catching passes from Baker Mayfield and thinking "Oh, man, what have I done."

Not likely, I'm sure, but I guess I'm disappointed that Bease is disappointed in the team, or fans, or whatever makes him one of the few people who doesn't feel like he fits in with the Bills.

27 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Part of me wonders if Beasley is catching passes from Baker Mayfield and thinking "Oh, man, what have I done."

Not likely, I'm sure, but I guess I'm disappointed that Bease is disappointed in the team, or fans, or whatever makes him one of the few people who doesn't feel like he fits in with the Bills.

Beas plays with 3 broken ribs but get chastised for not taking a vaccine. SMH

• Like 5

Beer__League__Hockey
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Working out with Cleveland. I was wondering if he was just going to retire. Guess not if the team is right.

I'm fairly sure he broke ribs against Miami on 10/31 (week 8), so it was more than half the season.  He hung in there ok thru Nov.  I know it's not all his fault, but look at the catch % later in the year - un-Beasley like.

image.thumb.png.40b2abf9434cfc4c2018715b8ba2fea4.png

• Like 1

I hope Beasely lands wherever he wants to. I think he was instrumental in taking us to the next level. I will miss his play on the field.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Beas plays with 3 broken ribs but get chastised for not taking a vaccine. SMH

to be fair, the jab was not a vaccine in any way, shape or form

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

to be fair, the jab was not a vaccine in any way, shape or form

It wasn't so much the content of the jab, but being "highly encouraged" to take the jab that would put something in his body that the wasn't comfortable with.  I think that was Beasley's gripe.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Core Four said:

It wasn't so much the content of the jab, but being "highly encouraged" to take the jab that would put something in his body that the wasn't comfortable with.  I think that was Beasley's gripe.

That may have been part of it, but he did spend some time pointing out the double standard for testing between the vaccinated and unvaccinated players while the NFL ignored that both could spread covid. In the end, he was proved correct on that point and after that large outbreak from vaccinated players, the NFL and NFLPA changed their tune.

• Like 2