Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Stephon Diggs To Retire A Bill

wnyguy

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Listen to Boston sports radio.  I dare you.

Why, so I can hear know-it-alls with different accents?

I already listen to NY sports radio.

Deranged Rhino
55 minutes ago, Ann said:

Rumors....

I know it likely won't happen - but just speaking hypothetically, what kind of package do you think it would take to make that trade? I honestly have no clue. He's young, still on a rookie deal for the next 2 seasons, and coming off an 11 INT season. I can't imagine it'd cost less than a 2nd with more picks behind it. 

This is in that thread: 

Pretty sure it's fake - but maybe Beane is about to pull off another magic trick.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I know it likely won't happen - but just speaking hypothetically, what kind of package do you think it would take to make that trade? I honestly have no clue. He's young, still on a rookie deal for the next 2 seasons, and coming off an 11 INT season. I can't imagine it'd cost less than a 2nd with more picks behind it. 

This is in that thread: 

Pretty sure it's fake - but maybe Beane is about to pull off another magic trick.

White’s name must have been there because Diggs isn’t anywhere near top 5 at this point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
29 minutes ago, Nanker said:

It’s impossible for me to love this man any more than I do. He is such a great person and such a great Bill. 

I love his press conferences.   He always looks like the kid in class who is answering politely  even though he knows the teacher is completely full of shit.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

How Stefon Diggs found a second home in Buffalo

When Stefon Diggs came to Buffalo ahead of the 2020 season, he knew he would play with a good quarterback and a team that could make some noise in the playoffs. What he wasn't sure of, and what he quickly learned, was that Buffalo would become the place he wants to retire.

On Thursday afternoon, Diggs put pen to paper on a four-year contract extension with the intent to rock blue and red until he calls it a career. The wide receiver's family joined in on the life-changing day and got to see why One Bills Drive has become his second home.

"I felt like my next spot was my last spot," Diggs said to the media after signing his extension. "I wanted it to be my home, and I didn't want to ever go anywhere. It was important to me especially in my first year and second year, you just kind of felt like you were building family."

The family atmosphere is what sold Diggs on Buffalo. It's a common thing to hear among Bills players, but when one of the best NFL players gets traded to Buffalo and decides he doesn't want to leave, that's when you know it's not lip service.

"It's that family-oriented (environment) just from the top to the bottom," Diggs added. "Kim and Terry (Pegula), then the coaching staff, and how we're brought up, how we're developed, how our conversations are and the relationships that I've built in such a short span of time."

</snip>

• Cheers 1
  • Love 3

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

How Stefon Diggs found a second home in Buffalo

When Stefon Diggs came to Buffalo ahead of the 2020 season, he knew he would play with a good quarterback and a team that could make some noise in the playoffs. What he wasn't sure of, and what he quickly learned, was that Buffalo would become the place he wants to retire.

On Thursday afternoon, Diggs put pen to paper on a four-year contract extension with the intent to rock blue and red until he calls it a career. The wide receiver's family joined in on the life-changing day and got to see why One Bills Drive has become his second home.

"I felt like my next spot was my last spot," Diggs said to the media after signing his extension. "I wanted it to be my home, and I didn't want to ever go anywhere. It was important to me especially in my first year and second year, you just kind of felt like you were building family."

The family atmosphere is what sold Diggs on Buffalo. It's a common thing to hear among Bills players, but when one of the best NFL players gets traded to Buffalo and decides he doesn't want to leave, that's when you know it's not lip service.

"It's that family-oriented (environment) just from the top to the bottom," Diggs added. "Kim and Terry (Pegula), then the coaching staff, and how we're brought up, how we're developed, how our conversations are and the relationships that I've built in such a short span of time."

</snip>

The one thing that really stood out to me from his PC was when he was talking about Von Miller.  He said he'd started trying to recruit him when he was still in Denver.  Dude is sharp.

These are the little things that people like Whaley ignore when they say "Diggs will be traded...because money".  Diggs is worth just as much off the field to this team as he is on it.  He's a huge ambassador for the team and city.  We're really lucky to have him.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love his press conferences.   He always looks like the kid in class who is answering politely  even though he knows the teacher is completely full of shit.

My favorite thing about him is still how he secures the ball with both hands just before being hit.  

His awareness on the field is a beautiful thing.

• Like 6