Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Canukistan

Foxx

24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Trump Like?

Does Trudeau draw these kinds of crowds?

For Trudeau's sake, I hope not. Imagine the number of costume changes and racist makeup jobs are required to disingenuously pander to that many people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nouseforaname
20 hours ago, Foxx said:

Trump Like?

Does Trudeau draw these kinds of crowds?

This is for the conservative leadership race so it doesn’t really matter.  Trudeau will be in power until 2025 based on the coalition government that was just formed.  

That being said, I’m not a fan of Pierre poilievre.

6 minutes ago, Meazza said:

This is for the conservative leadership race so it doesn’t really matter.  Trudeau will be in power until 2025 based on the coalition government that was just formed.  

That being said, I’m not a fan of Pierre poilievre.

Fair enough.

However, I think it does matter. When you see a ground swell like this, it has got to be making the liberals shit in their drawers.

Not really knowing Canadian politics, is it like other governments of the like, where a vote of no confidence can force a new election before the next scheduled one?

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Fair enough.

However, I think it does matter. When you see a ground swell like this, it has got to be making the liberals shit in their drawers.

Not really knowing Canadian politics, is it like other governments of the like, where a vote of no confidence can force a new election before the next scheduled one?

The Liberals control the government with a minority but they made a deal with the NDP in exchange for some progressive agenda to vote together up until 2025 therefore giving Trudeau and the Liberals a majority.  As long as the deal holds, a no confidence is impossible.

With regards to the crowds you mentioned, I have no doubt that the Liberals will do poorly during the next election.  Trudeau is already very unpopular and this last agreement is to give him one last run until 2025.  No way he sticks around after that.  

I'm just not a fan of populists and that defines Pierre poilievre. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I'm just not a fan of populists

Your not a fan of the 'everyman' movement?

Personally, I'm mostly apolitical and as such am not married to any specific ideology. I know it is an oxymoron but... Outside of thinking that mostly, every single one of them is corrupt, I try to take each, at their, words and platform at face value. 

Nouseforaname
23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Your not a fan of the 'everyman' movement?

Personally, I'm mostly apolitical and as such am not married to any specific ideology. I know it is an oxymoron but... Outside of thinking that mostly, every single one of them is corrupt, I try to take each, at their, words and platform at face value. 

No I’m not a fan because often these movements are dishonest.  He has been harping about how it’s generally become unaffordable for real estate in the major cities of Canada but that’s a result of economic growth.  Obviously we’ve had center left politicians who have increased the tax burden but generally speaking, Canadians have done well economically since the beginning of the last decade.

Maybe it doesn’t work for everyone and nothing ever does but there is not much he can do either way.  Most of the impact can be done at the provincial, not federal level.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
18 hours ago, Meazza said:

No I’m not a fan because often these movements are dishonest.  He has been harping about how it’s generally become unaffordable for real estate in the major cities of Canada but that’s a result of economic growth.  Obviously we’ve had center left politicians who have increased the tax burden but generally speaking, Canadians have done well economically since the beginning of the last decade.

Maybe it doesn’t work for everyone and nothing ever does but there is not much he can do either way.  Most of the impact can be done at the provincial, not federal level.

You’re worried about Trudeau being replaced with someone who is dishonest?  Shirley.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You’re worried about Trudeau being replaced with someone who is dishonest?  Shirley.

Who says I was worried ?

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

10 hours ago, Meazza said:

Who says I was worried ?

I think you were supposed to reply, "Im not worried and please dont call me Shirley"

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I think you were supposed to reply, "Im not worried and please dont call me Shirley"

It was an entirely different response altogether.

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It was an entirely different response altogether.

FNG.

(Yeah, I watched The Last Full Measure this weekend)

Arm of Harm
On 4/16/2022 at 12:14 PM, Meazza said:

Immigration drives up housing prices and the cost of living. If Pierre wants to significantly curtail immigration, that would indeed be a solid solution to the problem he’s describing. 

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

Immigration drives up housing prices and the cost of living. If Pierre wants to significantly curtail immigration, that would indeed be a solid solution to the problem he’s describing. 

Yeah that always works 🙄

Arm of Harm
Just now, Meazza said:

Yeah that always works 🙄

One of the most fundamental tenets of economics is that prices are determined by supply and demand. Increasing the supply lowers the price, increasing the demand raises the price. Mass immigration increases the number of people, thus increasing the demand for housing, thus driving up the price of housing. 

Nouseforaname
28 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

One of the most fundamental tenets of economics is that prices are determined by supply and demand. Increasing the supply lowers the price, increasing the demand raises the price. Mass immigration increases the number of people, thus increasing the demand for housing, thus driving up the price of housing. 

Thanks.  I wasn't aware. 

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Good old Ezra.  

Can he explain why housing pricing increased dramatically during lockdowns when immigration was suspended?

This topic touches me personally as I recently purchased a home and I have a few friends that are realtors. In Quebec, economic growth as well as the move from condo owners to homeowners because of lockdowns put a large strain on supply.

8 hours ago, Meazza said:

Good old Ezra.  

Can he explain why housing pricing increased dramatically during lockdowns when immigration was suspended?

This topic touches me personally as I recently purchased a home and I have a few friends that are realtors. In Quebec, economic growth as well as the move from condo owners to homeowners because of lockdowns put a large strain on supply.

No idea if this is your first home or not but on the off chance it is, congrats. 

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

No idea if this is your first home or not but on the off chance it is, congrats. 

Yes it is thank you .

• Love 1