Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Better Call Saul Season 6

devnull

Dedicated thread to keep spoilers out of the existing "What are we watching" thread

On a personal note, I'm caught up on the first three episodes but not sure if I'll watch again until midway thru the second half of the season.  No cable subscription and not real sure  I wanna pay $8 a month for AMC+ for a single show.  Amazon Prime has buy season 6 for $24.99, which would end up costing about the same

Nouseforaname
On 4/27/2022 at 7:44 PM, shrader said:

I hate that they make episodes available early on AMC+. That makes the spoiler game even more difficult to avoid. 

I subscribed to amc + and I haven’t noticed that this is the case.  

Nouseforaname
On 4/27/2022 at 5:56 PM, devnull said:

Dedicated thread to keep spoilers out of the existing "What are we watching" thread

On a personal note, I'm caught up on the first three episodes but not sure if I'll watch again until midway thru the second half of the season.  No cable subscription and not real sure  I wanna pay $8 a month for AMC+ for a single show.  Amazon Prime has buy season 6 for $24.99, which would end up costing about the same

I don’t mind paying the $25 simply because I enjoy the show so much.  I would have gladly paid that amount and binged through season 6.  Not happy that I have to wait week after week.

4 hours ago, Meazza said:

I subscribed to amc + and I haven’t noticed that this is the case.  

I was thrown off by the three episodes comment. I caught up on my DVR this week but didn’t realize that they aired two episodes the first week. AMC has made other shows available a week early, but not with Better Call Saul. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, devnull said:

Table setter

I agree but still very uninteresting .  The whole Germany angle is a huge stretch to me.

• Like 1

Another disappointing episode

I hope they BCS writers are not mailing this in like the writers did with GoT or The Expanse

• Sad 1

On 5/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, devnull said:

Table setter

Agree.  But seems that they need to find away to keep Lalo alive through the rest of this season to have what Saul says when Hank & Jesse kidnap him "it wasn't me, it was Ignacio" make any sense.  So having him stay over in Europe could set that table.  MHO. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Agree.  But seems that they need to find away to keep Lalo alive through the rest of this season to have what Saul says when Hank & Jesse kidnap him "it wasn't me, it was Ignacio" make any sense.  So having him stay over in Europe could set that table.  MHO. 

That opens a massive plot hole during the Breaking Bad timeline.  Is Lalo climbing the Alps when Tuco is released?  

Is Lalo on an epic Oktoberfest hangover when Heisenberg ascends?

Is Lalo getting his picture taken in F*cking Austria while Heisenberg's crystal blue makes Fring the Meth King of the American Southwest?

UEc

No, Lalo has to come back to the US for resolution. 

Here's two theories, both of which will probably end up being wrong.

Lalo visits Jimmy and in the process of his interrogation, kills Kim.

Epic showdown at the super lab with Lalo falling to either Gus or Mike.  Gus will want to deliver the news to Hector personally.  Mike will want to tell Jimmy, but Gus forbids it because Gus wants the threat of Lalo hanging over Jimmy

Or Lalo follows the rabbit hole down thru Madrigal Electromotive. 

Lalo returns to New Mexico and visits Jimmy but finds Kim and takes her hostage.  Lalo was impressed by Kim at the end of last season and during their time together comes to respect her.

Confrontation at the Super Lab with Gus.  Lalo realizes the scale of Gus' planned operation and wants in.

Lalo's disappearance into Madrigal Electromotive will be easy since the only people who know he is alive are Kim, Hector, and Jimmy. 

Kim gets offered a job.  Option1: Realizing her situation and starting to understand Jimmy is holding her back, Kim "breaks bad" and rides off into the sunset with Lalo

Kim gets offered a job.  Option2: Gus sponsors Kim's entry into the new legal defense foundation discussed in Episode 5 on the condition that she leave Jimmy and ABQ

Gus will take great pleasure lying to Hector of Lalo's second demise

And Jimmy is visited by Lalo in a scene reminiscent of Walt's last encounter with his rich friends and the threat of assassins

Edited by devnull
  • Applause 1

They dropped another reference to Kim being from Nebraska in her flashback. That can’t just be a coincidental hometown that the writers game her. Gene may be getting a visit when the series ends… but thanks to dev’s comment, I now wonder if it could actually be Lalo instead. 

Did anyone else cringe as hard as I did in the previews for next week when they said “mid season finale”? They take 17 years to film a season and then AMC goes and plays that game with us. Not cool. 

edit: Actually, one more thing I’ve been wondering about lately is exactly how the Salamancas wind up selling meth. Hector wanted nothing to do with it. Is it just so simple as Eladio telling them to?

Edited by shrader
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shrader said:

edit: Actually, one more thing I’ve been wondering about lately is exactly how the Salamancas wind up selling meth. Hector wanted nothing to do with it. Is it just so simple as Eladio telling them to?

Or it could be a combination of the decline of the Salamancas and Tuco's becoming boss after his release

I really liked the actor who played fake Judge. Talk about making the most out of a bit part. 

I think the end of last night’s episode is what pushes Kim over the edge.

Spoiler

She got called out by Howard (who was spot on) and then watched him get popped by one of Jimmy’s clients.

And a question for everyone who speculates that Kim goes back to Nebraska: isn’t that where Jimmy winds up when he’s working at Cinnabon in the flash-forward scenes?

I still haven’t seen Breaking Bad. I might try to watch it while waiting for the next Saul episode in July. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, snafu said:

I still haven’t seen Breaking Bad. 

You're a horrible human being.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • FANtastic 1

• 2 weeks later...