Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 2, Pick #63: RB - James Cook - Georgia

Bills Fans

Arm of Harm
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I wasn't lying above...in 2018, Cook really did average 3.5 yards per kick return.  The technical term for that would be expectation value, not "expected value."  And when he had a five-yard return, that wasn't he had 1.5 yards of error.

Even your misunderstandings have misunderstandings.  You're so relentlessly dedicated to your idiocy, Leroy Jenkins is offering you chicken.

You still haven’t done a search for “expected value.” If you had, you’d realize your “correction” was just you spreading error and misinformation. Again. 

Arm of Harm
8 hours ago, Nanker said:

ugh. 

If it makes you feel better, I’m optimistic that James Cook the NFL player will be much better than this thread has turned out to be. For me, the keys to success are these:

1) Limit his carries each season. You want him to be productive for several years after his rookie contract has ended. 

2) Use him in the passing game. He’s a guy who’s a mismatch if lined up against a LB. 

3) Have a 1-2 punch of him and some other RB who has a different running style. You want the defense to have to prepare for two different styles of RB. Right now that other RB is Singletary. 

4) Design running plays to take advantage of his breakaway speed. Not every running play needs to be a home run. If it’s first and ten and your RB runs for five yards, that’s a good, solid play. But you want some of his running plays to be designed to get big yardage. 

5) If the defense is selling out against the pass, while daring you to beat them with the run, use Hall’s running to punish that. Punish it again and again, until the opposing defense realizes they can no longer get away with pulling that kind of garbage. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sign me up for that outcome.

What I think might happen is that Cook fills something a Thurman Thomas role - quality running back who's a dual-threat lining up in the slot and getting mismatches on linebackers.  Except that instead of having Jim Kelly in the backfield with the mobility of a tree, the Bills have Josh Allen as well.  

That has the potential to be a nightmare for defenses.  What personnel do you put on the field to defend an RB who can swing out to a receiving position, but still have a running threat out of the backfield in the QB?  I'm literally getting giddy thinking about it.  

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
55 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

What I think might happen is that Cook fills something a Thurman Thomas role - quality running back who's a dual-threat lining up in the slot and getting mismatches on linebackers.  Except that instead of having Jim Kelly in the backfield with the mobility of a tree, the Bills have Josh Allen as well.  

That has the potential to be a nightmare for defenses.  What personnel do you put on the field to defend an RB who can swing out to a receiving position, but still have a running threat out of the backfield in the QB?  I'm literally getting giddy thinking about it.  

Kelly was never really the same after getting his knee destroyed in college but early in his career he actually had decent mobility.  His toughness and the rules were really his undoing but I've been watching a lot of old highlights the last month or so and it's jogged my memory quite a bit.

You're dead on with your take on Cook and how he changes the dynamic.  I would prefer him to be an every down back but if he's a 50% of the time guy, it's still pretty daunting for defenses to deal with.

29 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Kelly was never really the same after getting his knee destroyed in college but early in his career he actually had decent mobility.  His toughness and the rules were really his undoing but I've been watching a lot of old highlights the last month or so and it's jogged my memory quite a bit.

You're dead on with your take on Cook and how he changes the dynamic.  I would prefer him to be an every down back but if he's a 50% of the time guy, it's still pretty daunting for defenses to deal with.

Joe Pa recruited Kelly as a linebacker so he must have had a decent amount of speed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

GIDDY UP!

Giddy-up! GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

GIDDY UP!

Giddy-up! GIF | Gfycat

Coincidentally, I'm viewing this while eating pretzels that are, in fact, making me thirsty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Jabba The Hutt
On 5/10/2022 at 3:19 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Joe Pa recruited Kelly as a linebacker so he must have had a decent amount of speed. 

Or he really liked that rump :classic_love:

8 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Or he really liked that rump :classic_love:

Seems like you have only one thing on your mind, but then again one thing may just be your capacity.