Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 2, Pick #63: RB - James Cook - Georgia

Bills Fans

Alaska Darin
25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

His jump cuts in traffic are just stupid.  The coolest thing about him is when he and lil' Dirty are on the field, you can run literally any play in the book because you can use either of them to run the football or put them outside the numbers and run them vertical.

• Like 4

Meh, another small back.  Cheaper Singeltary replacement for '23.  Still hopeful Bills can add a big banger to the team before opening day.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Meh, another small back.  Cheaper Singeltary replacement for '23.  Still hopeful Bills can add a big banger to the team before opening day.  

Singletary's replacement was what I was thinking, as well.  Supposedly Cook is very good catching the ball out of the backfield, including in the slot.  Seems very like a very versatile RB.

• Like 2

Arm of Harm

I’m pretty sure that the last time the Bills drafted a RB named James was when they took Orenthal James Simpson first overall. 😮 

• Wow 1

If this guy can be a real receiver out of the backfield this team could be unstoppable. It reminds me of the 2000 Rams where even if the defense had the receivers covered, they couldn't account for Faulk out of the backfield. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Robs House said:

If this guy can be a real receiver out of the backfield this team could be unstoppable. It reminds me of the 2000 Rams where even if the defense had the receivers covered, they couldn't account for Faulk out of the backfield. 

Certainly looks faster than singletary

14 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I’m pretty sure that the last time the Bills drafted a RB named James was when they took Orenthal James Simpson first overall. 😮 

Jaimie Mueller

Perhaps CJ Spiller?

3 hours ago, Robs House said:

I agree completely.

I think with Kromer unlocking the blocking potential of our Oline. We are going to be very very dangerous and borderline unstoppable. We just need a defensive adjustment (and that may not even matter) and the world is ours for the taking.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
4 hours ago, Robs House said:

Ooh...good thought.  I don't think Cook is quite the running threat that Faulk was (MF was a pretty thick dude) but they have that similar ability to move around and force defenses to swing coverage assets to them because you can't just throw a LBer out there and pray it works out because it won't.

One things the BILLS have been missing most of the time is a truly explosive player out of the backfield.  Shady no longer really had the top end speed when he got to WNY and Spiller was allergic to contact (literally the most tackleable RB I've ever seen - did he ever break even an arm tackle?).  He is going to add a dimension to the offense that really only McKenzie has - the threat to take the ball to the house any time they touch it.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3