Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 2, Pick #63: RB - James Cook - Georgia

Bills Fans

11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Boy, I hope this is his excited look.

He’s the personification of the Law of Conservation of Energy. 

Not sure what’s going on this morning with the site but I posted the and came back and my post was gone. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Nanker said:

He’s the personification of the Law of Conservation of Energy. 

Not sure what’s going on this morning with the site but I posted the and came back and my post was gone. 

The latest server upgrade has a "quality of post" filter built in.

Obviously, yours didn't meet the threshold.  😉

• Haha 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:46 PM, Fansince88 said:

Boy, I hope this is his excited look.

I get the impression Cooks family may have preferred a warmer destination perhaps, judging by the look of everyone around him when drafted. Even the baby was like not Buffalo, WAAAA!!! (I kid) 

I really like this pick...

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
On 4/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, Foxx said:

I agree completely.

I think with Kromer unlocking the blocking potential of our Oline. We are going to be very very dangerous and borderline unstoppable. We just need a defensive adjustment (and that may not even matter) and the world is ours for the taking.

I believe our two biggest weaknesses are defensive coordinator and OL, in that order. The one single change you could make to help this team the most would be a real defensive coordinator. 

But every team has weaknesses, including the Super Bowl winning team. This team has a Super Bowl feeling to it. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
12 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I believe our two biggest weaknesses are defensive coordinator and OL, in that order. The one single change you could make to help this team the most would be a real defensive coordinator. 

But every team has weaknesses, including the Super Bowl winning team. This team has a Super Bowl feeling to it. 

I'm not nearly as concerned about the OLine as you are, especially with Saffold and Kromer in the mix now. 

I 100% agree on DC.  It does look like they're trying to do some different things based on the draft/FA personnel but I have little faith in Frazier when the game is on the line.

• Like 1

Core Four
On 4/30/2022 at 3:25 PM, Foxx said:

I agree completely.

I think with Kromer unlocking the blocking potential of our Oline. We are going to be very very dangerous and borderline unstoppable. We just need a defensive adjustment (and that may not even matter) and the world is ours for the taking.

11 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I agree that our offense will be a powerhouse and put up a ton of points, not a lot of teams will be able to stop it.

That said, let's say we're neck and neck with KC next January and Steve Spagnolo has found a way to really slow down our offense to the point where the score is within a FG, that is where defensive adjustments will really matter.  I don't trust Frazier when the game is on the line as recent events have proven him to be incapable of coming up big in critical situations.  Every team has weaknesses, but bad coaching philosophy trumps player weaknesses, IMO.

• Like 2

Core Four
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not nearly as concerned about the OLine as you are, especially with Saffold and Kromer in the mix now. 

I 100% agree on DC.  It does look like they're trying to do some different things based on the draft/FA personnel but I have little faith in Frazier when the game is on the line.

Do you think the defensive philosophy will fundamentally change, or do you just think there will be some tweeks - most regarding personnel packages?  I personally see the later, though was wondering what others think.

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Core Four said:

Do you think the defensive philosophy will fundamentally change, or do you just think there will be some tweeks - most regarding personnel packages?  I personally see the later, though was wondering what others think.

They haven't brought in any bigger LBers, so to me what they're trying to do is get more players who're multiple at both DL and LB/Big Nickle/Safety. 

I don't see them completely overhauling the defense based on the personnel on hand.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They haven't brought in any bigger LBers, so to me what they're trying to do is get more players who're multiple at both DL and LB/Big Nickle/Safety. 

I don't see them completely overhauling the defense based on the personnel on hand.

That Bernard pick, in particular...my first thought at that was "A bigger Taron Johnson."

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I agree that our offense will be a powerhouse and put up a ton of points, not a lot of teams will be able to stop it.

That said, let's say we're neck and neck with KC next January and Steve Spagnolo has found a way to really slow down our offense to the point where the score is within a FG, that is where defensive adjustments will really matter.  I don't trust Frazier when the game is on the line as recent events have proven him to be incapable of coming up big in critical situations.  Every team has weaknesses, but bad coaching philosophy trumps player weaknesses, IMO.

Hopefully we don't sleep walk through this season and have come to realize that home field throughout the playoffs is the best possible scenario for the playoffs. 

We have everything we need to bring home the holy grail.

• Like 4

Seasons1992
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hopefully we don't sleep walk through this season and have come to realize that home field throughout the playoffs is the best possible scenario for the playoffs. 

There's no way Josh or Von will let complacency set in. In Beane we trust.

You Have Chosen Wisely GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

Core Four
19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Yeah, hopefully McD has learned a few lessons from the past two years.  I don't see what excuses he has since the team and coaches are all his guys...McD has everything he needs, as you mentioned.  It's on him, now.

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The OL is revamped from opening day of last season. Back then Williams was the starting RT. I think the starting guards were Ford and Feliciano or Boetteger. Then it turns out Ford can’t cut it, so you move Williams in to guard and put Spencer Brown out there as RT. Late last season the coaching staff awakened to the wisdom of doing the obvious and putting in Bates as starter. Then in the off-season they got rid of Williams and  signed Saffold instead. So that’s three new opening day starters, as compared to a year ago. Plus the upgrade at OL coach in the form of Kromer. While I’m convinced the OL will be significantly better than what it was for most of last season, I don’t know how well guys like Bates, Morse, or Brown will do against a Rams-type DL. If the OL starts having success against that caliber of DL, I’ll become more optimistic about the OL. And if it fails, hopefully one guy will be the chief culprit, and we’ll know which position to address next offseason. 

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Figster said:

I get the impression Cooks family may have preferred a warmer destination perhaps, judging by the look of everyone around him when drafted. Even the baby was like not Buffalo, WAAAA!!! (I kid) 

I really like this pick...

I love the pick. He was #1b for me. Jests got 1a. After his other interviews I tend to believe he just has the same emotions as I do when I open a Christmas gift. It drives my mother-in-law nuts! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2