Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 2, Pick #63: RB - James Cook - Georgia

Bills Fans

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That was you?

I ridiculed you and your argument because your argument was ridiculous, and you are ridiculous .  Get back to me when you roll a 3.5 on a die.

Although "Dinosaurs were truculent because they ate silicate plants and resembled rhinos" was your real low point.  :classic_laugh:

Speed of sound in Space

Retatta

Good times 🤣

• FANtastic 1

Arm of Harm
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That was you?

I ridiculed you and your argument because your argument was ridiculous, and you are ridiculous .  Get back to me when you roll a 3.5 on a die.

Although "Dinosaurs were truculent because they ate silicate plants and resembled rhinos" was your real low point.  :classic_laugh:

Some of your strengths include your quick wit, your ability to make a point convincingly and in a pithy way, and the humor with which you sometimes infuse your posts. The fact you didn’t understand the regression effect when I explained it, and didn’t understand it again when you encountered the Hyperstats article, suggests you may not have the same aptitude for statistics that you have for the areas of strength I’d mentioned. 

That said, I’m willing to listen, with at least some level of patience, if you have a cogent argument to make as to why you believe I’ve misused statistics in a particular instance. All you have presented thus far are vague, after-the-fact accusations, without any specifics. While that style of posting plays to one of your strengths (convincing an audience), it cannot lead to a meaningful statistical discussion. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, devnull said:

Speed of sound in Space

Retatta

Good times 🤣

Don't forget clowns balancing on beach balls at the south pole.

And "Are you missing a chromosome or do you just want attention?"

• Haha 1

Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

can you help me with my homework?

• FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Ed and the telephone pole.

• Haha 1

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That was you?

Wait....didn't he say DC Tom??

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Wait....didn't he say DC Tom??

I don't know.  As soon as he admitted he was that melon-head Holcombs_Arm I stopped reading.

Remember, after Holcombs_Arm, he was Edwards_Arm.  His football acumen is as bad as his math skills.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

This is the James Cook thread, can we get back to discussing that, please.

TYIA.

Fun fact: in 2018, on kick returns, Cook averaged 3.5 yards per return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I don't know.  As soon as he admitted he was that melon-head Holcombs_Arm I stopped reading.

Remember, after Holcombs_Arm, he was Edwards_Arm.  His football acumen is as bad as his math skills.

So, I think I joined ATOP about 12 or so years ago. I dont remember those names. 

29 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

So, I think I joined ATOP about 12 or so years ago. I dont remember those names. 

Needed to venture into the dungeon to behold his true masterpieces.  3.5 was epic.

Back to topic, anybody know how Cook is at blitz pickups? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Needed to venture into the dungeon to behold his true masterpieces.  3.5 was epic.

Haven't seen any highlights of it, and I'm not going through all the Georgia games to check.  But I've read that he's better than average.

Though I've been told that just means he's wrong.

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

A month before the draft, Cook in Round 3 (after grabbing a CB and WR) was the dream for me. Then I admittedly bought into the Hall hype, and as the draft unfolded on Day 2, I kind of forgot about Cook until they picked him. Had you told me that the Bills would have gotten Elam, Shakir and Cook with their first three picks, I would have called that a slam dunk draft. 

But man, he's the right kind of fit for this team. From a pro family (it's a small help, but it helps I believe), a top program, with a set of tools that the RB room lacked before his arrival - he doesn't even need to be special as a rookie to boost this offense. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is special, but it's not a requirement in year one. As others have said in this thread, just lining him up in 11 personnel, then sending him out wide or into the slot, is going to produce mismatches galore. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A month before the draft, Cook in Round 3 (after grabbing a CB and WR) was the dream for me. Then I admittedly bought into the Hall hype, and as the draft unfolded on Day 2, I kind of forgot about Cook until they picked him. Had you told me that the Bills would have gotten Elam, Shakir and Cook with their first three picks, I would have called that a slam dunk draft. 

But man, he's the right kind of fit for this team. From a pro family (it's a small help, but it helps I believe), a top program, with a set of tools that the RB room lacked before his arrival - he doesn't even need to be special as a rookie to boost this offense. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is special, but it's not a requirement in year one. As others have said in this thread, just lining him up in 11 personnel, then sending him out wide or into the slot, is going to produce mismatches galore. 

I agree with your assessment of getting these 3 players in particular.

I keep thinking of the difference running RPOs like we did last year.  Send Cook in one direction either with the ball or JA keeps it and goes the other direction with Saffold & Morse pulling in front of him.  Defenses have a lot of decisions to make in an instant and all of them have significant consequences.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with your assessment of getting these 3 players in particular.

I keep thinking of the difference running RPOs like we did last year.  Send Cook in one direction either with the ball or JA keeps it and goes the other direction with Saffold & Morse pulling in front of him.  Defenses have a lot of decisions to make in an instant and all of them have significant consequences.

but wait-

it has been decreed that Josh can't run anymore

Uncle Joe
57 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

but wait-

it has been decreed that Josh can't run anymore

I for one would like to see him in a clean pocket for the next few years. Let James Cook and he can Juggernaut on occasion to keep TYTT happy in the GDT.

• Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

I for one would like to see him in a clean pocket for the next few years. Let James Cook and he can Juggernaut on occasion to keep TYTT happy in the GDT.

3FBAF2AD-844B-407C-8401-DB03AE52FADB.jpeg

• Cheers 1

Arm of Harm
22 hours ago, Taro T said:

“Expected value” is a technical term. The expected value of a die roll is 3.5. Tom hadn’t heard the term and didn’t know what it meant. It would have been very easy for him to look it up, but he chose not to do so. Instead he ridiculed the concept while having absolutely no idea what he was talking about. 

To return to the subject of James Cook: normally I’m loath to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, on the theory that a RB will not contribute much after his rookie contract is over. However, if Singletary plays as well this year as he did last year, I’d be okay with signing him to a reasonably-priced two year extension. Then you have Cook and Singletary as your one-two punch. The Bills don’t run the ball that often. If you have two RBs you can really rely on, you can spread the carries between those two guys. That way you’re extending guys’ careers, versus what would have happened if you’d loaded up one guy with a lot of carries each year. 

• Facepalm 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

“Expected value” is a technical term. The expected value of a die roll is 3.5. Tom hadn’t heard the term and didn’t know what it meant. It would have been very easy for him to look it up, but he chose not to do so. Instead he ridiculed the concept while having absolutely no idea what he was talking about. 

To return to the subject of James Cook: normally I’m loath to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, on the theory that a RB will not contribute much after his rookie contract is over. However, if Singletary plays as well this year as he did last year, I’d be okay with signing him to a reasonably-priced two year extension. Then you have Cook and Singletary as your one-two punch. The Bills don’t run the ball that often. If you have two RBs you can really rely on, you can spread the carries between those two guys. That way you’re extending guys’ careers, versus what would have happened if you’d loaded up one guy with a lot of carries each year. 

I wasn't lying above...in 2018, Cook really did average 3.5 yards per kick return.  The technical term for that would be expectation value, not "expected value."  And when he had a five-yard return, that wasn't he had 1.5 yards of error.

Even your misunderstandings have misunderstandings.  You're so relentlessly dedicated to your idiocy, Leroy Jenkins is offering you chicken.

• Haha 2