Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 3, Pick #89: LB - Terrel Bernard - Baylor

Bills Fans

Arm of Harm
39 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Is this Milano's backup or Poyer's replacement?

The Bills picked up Edmunds' fifth year option, and this will be his fifth year. After this season, both Edmunds and Beane will have some decisions to make. If Bernard has an outstanding rookie year, Beane's decisions about Edmunds get a little easier.

In the meantime, Bernard gives you more depth at LB, and increased ability to have a third LB on the field if that's what you want.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

The Bills picked up Edmunds' fifth year option, and this will be his fifth year. After this season, both Edmunds and Beane will have some decisions to make. If Bernard has an outstanding rookie year, Beane's decisions about Edmunds get a little easier.

In the meantime, Bernard gives you more depth at LB, and increased ability to have a third LB on the field if that's what you want.

Yeah, I can see Bernard being the third/weak LB, which means he won't see much playing time.  He's kind of small for MLB, so I wasn't thinking he would be Edmunds' replacement.  I was wondering if he would be a big safety, which the Bills kind of blur LB and Safety positions, anyway.  I saw Bernard is a very versatile LB (McD loves versatility) though the knock on him is that he can be caught flat footed in coverage, so he'll need to be coached up a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Possible he could replace Edmunds. 

Depends on how he plays I would imagine. I am glad we are looking forward with regard to the position though. Edmunds is not the answer.

For sure, with regard to the bolded.

The tweet makes sense, in theory, but realistically at this point Bernard is kind of small at 224 lbs.  This pick makes me think this is a total McDermott pick; I say that because it strikes as being very experimental.  Experiments are cool to try out, can be a mess when they don't work, but it's a home run in the event they do work.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Core Four said:

For sure, with regard to the bolded.

The tweet makes sense, in theory, but realistically at this point Bernard is kind of small at 224 lbs.  This pick makes me think this is a total McDermott pick; I say that because it strikes as being very experimental.  Experiments are cool to try out, can be a mess when they don't work, but it's a home run in the event they do work.

I expect he'll hit the weight room and bulk up and put on a few pounds. Not sure how much they would want him to add though.

Luke Kuechly was 2 inches taller and his playing weight was around 238lbs. I'm not saying he is Kuechly but, comparable?

• Sad 1