Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

12 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not to take this off track again, but take a look at all the little side articles and advertisements popping up on your browser. Everything is either sexualized or you see someone pouring mustard into their gas tank with "Do this ONE TRICK to get more mileage!"

But most of it is tits and ass; perfectly cropped photos of "Unfortunate Wedding Photos They Don't Want You To See!" 

We're such a pathetic race because with this in your face all day, there are still the unwashed masses confused as to why a 21-year-old college athlete would get a blowjob from a 17-year-old at a college party.

Does anyone get the one about the “rare eye disease” that shows the most grotesque picture ever taken?  I so want to click that but know that picture or any reasonable explanation will be nowhere in the actual article.  But……if you’ve clicked it please let me know.  Please.

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Damn. I know where I'm going for my Animal House trivia from now on. :classic_laugh:

It was Dean Wormer’s wife and the other dude.

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey
7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Does anyone get the one about the “rare eye disease” that shows the most grotesque picture ever taken?  I so want to click that but know that picture or any reasonable explanation will be nowhere in the actual article.  But……if you’ve clicked it please let me know.  Please.

I had a nightmare the other day about that picture.  Make it stop.

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I had to close that ad so it would stop popping up. It was just creepy as shit.

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I make fountain pens on the lathe, you bloody baboon.

People don't understand woodworking nowadays.

A fountain penis hard to make.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

People don't understand woodworking nowadays.

A fountain penis hard to make.

Er, is that a typo? Or something we'd prefer you to not share with us?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

The circumstantial evidence I heard against Araiza was honestly as strong as I've ever heard.  But assault cases are notoriously hard to prove, so often coming down to "he said, she said."

He'll get creamed in the civil suit, and she'll get nothing, since her bottom-feeding attorney decided to punish Araiza via social media rather than act like a responsible attorney.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The circumstantial evidence I heard against Araiza was honestly as strong as I've ever heard.  But assault cases are notoriously hard to prove, so often coming down to "he said, she said."

He'll get creamed in the civil suit, and she'll get nothing, since her bottom-feeding attorney decided to punish Araiza via social media rather than act like a responsible attorney.

Why will he get creamed in the civil suit? 

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

how is he getting "creamed", if she gets nothing?

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Why will he get creamed in the civil suit? 

Lower burden of proof ("preponderance of evidence" rather than "beyond a reasonable doubt") and more easily outrage-driven than fact-driven. 

And the outrage machine is going to be helped by the DA's statement.  Between that and SDSU "ignoring" the accusation (even though they were rightfully told not to investigate, to avoid tainting the criminal investigation), it's trivial to pound the table and claim she's been ignored and denied justice and this is her only recourse, and the jury/court must decide in her favor because "all women must be believed."  

• O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Because he's still liable for the judgement against him.  That's how it works - every dime OJ makes still goes to Ron Goldman.

Billsandhorns
56 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

DA's prosecute Criminal cases, not civil cases. The DA dropped a criminal case, he can still be found liable civilly. 

31 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

DA's prosecute Criminal cases, not civil cases. The DA dropped a criminal case, he can still be found liable civilly. 

I think maybe what Clavin is saying is that Araiza really doesnt have the cash to pony up a civil suit judgment since the claimants scumbag attorney lopped the head off of his golden goose before it laid an egg.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I think maybe what Clavin is saying is that Araiza really doesnt have the cash to pony up a civil suit judgment since the claimants scumbag attorney lopped the head off of his golden goose before it laid an egg.

yeah- that's assuming  he's found liable in said civil suit AND there is a large damage award.

you guys are way too optimistic that he will be convicted of something significant

highly, highly doubtful it will be rape

another USFL victory, if anything

27 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

yeah- that's assuming  he's found liable in said civil suit AND there is a large damage award.

you guys are way too optimistic that he will be convicted of something significant

highly, highly doubtful it will be rape

another USFL victory, if anything

Juries are unpredictable and the burden is much lower. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s found liable civilly. But, we don’t know what the criminal investigation revealed really. Ten search warrants were executed. There should be a lot of information available. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Whether or not he can pony up the cash doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the judgement amount.  You can be dead broke and still get crushed in a civil suit.  He could end up owing every dime he ever makes to her.

Although now that I think about it, I'd expect her attorney to drop the case against Araiza, and sue SDSU instead, for allowing an off-campus Title IX violation to go uninvestigated, thereby violating his client's civil rights. 

Hell, this guy's such a dipshit it wouldn't entirely surprise me if he filed a civil suit against the Bills, for drafting Araiza and thus forcing him to go public with the accusations, thereby violating the claimant's civil rights by ruining his chances of getting her a fair trial.  Yes, that would be total bullshit...but this idiot's a bullshit artist.  I wouldn't put it past him.

Jabba The Hutt
7 hours ago, Ann said:

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Araiza should be signed so he can get some practice holds in before Sunday:classic_love: