Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2022 Draft Pick: Round 6, Pick #180: P - Matt Araiza - San Diego State [released]

Bills Fans

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

There is no rule that the punter has to be the holder.

True, but do the Bills have anyone else on the roster who's done it?  It seems like the backup QB was a more common option for holder years ago.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

True, but do the Bills have anyone else on the roster who's done it?  It seems like the backup QB was a more common option for holder years ago.

You want your long snapper, holder, and kicker to be able to practice together, to be on the same page during game time.

I think that may have deemphasized having the backup QB being the holder over time, as the backup QB's game prep, between running the scout team and prepping to step in for the starter if need be, has become more involved. 

Same goes for other players - time spent practicing holding is time not spent at their positions.  I can't think who else on the Bills roster last year would have time to be a suitable holder.  Not sure who would be this season, either, outside of the punter.

• Like 1

Spartacus
On 5/7/2022 at 7:05 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Well, he's definitely an athlete.

now he has to spin it get the laces out, lean it correctly and place it in the right spot - EVERY TIME

Arm of Harm
On 5/7/2022 at 10:06 AM, B-Man said:

There is no rule that the punter has to be the holder.

There is a small but significant chance that the Bills keep both Haack and Araiza. Araiza would be the punter, Haack the holder. 

• O Rly 1

15 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

There is a small but significant chance that the Bills keep both Haack and Araiza. Araiza would be the punter, Haack the holder. 

Doubt it.  Araiza will learn to be the holder.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

:classic_laugh:  You're a maroon.

If the Bills did that, they would definitely be statistically wrong.

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, devnull said:

Looking forward to his new title: PAT Holder God

Can't wait to see his eye black.

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
23 minutes ago, Ann said:

78 yards...

Between Araiza, Allen, and Bass...

I want to see the Bills put on a "Punt, Pass, and Kick" contest for charity.  

All three can send the ball 80 yards in the air.  Which is utterly sick. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • FANtastic 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 5/7/2022 at 1:38 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You want your long snapper, holder, and kicker to be able to practice together, to be on the same page during game time.

I think that may have deemphasized having the backup QB being the holder over time, as the backup QB's game prep, between running the scout team and prepping to step in for the starter if need be, has become more involved. 

Same goes for other players - time spent practicing holding is time not spent at their positions.  I can't think who else on the Bills roster last year would have time to be a suitable holder.  Not sure who would be this season, either, outside of the punter.

It also has quite a bit to do with the expansion of specialization. Punters field more long snaps, and then adjust the ball to kick, than anyone else, as it’s a requirement of their job.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, Ann said:

78 yards...

Pure leg arrogance:classic_love: He's already made me forget about Braden Mann-meat, Jests can have noodle leg.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

8 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Pure leg arrogance:classic_love: He's already made me forget about Braden Mann-meat, Jests can have noodle leg.

he won't be kicking for Bills, unless he masters hangtime, ball placement, and FG holding techniques

• I don't know 1
  • O Rly 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...