Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Undrafted Free Agents Thread

B-Man

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Blessed Believer said:

So, just curious, who has the best chance of making the team?  I don’t watch college football so what do I know? 

The TE from Texas A&M.  Before last season he was a projected Day 2 pick.  He's big, fast, & athletic.

He had a terrible pro day and it dropped him completely outta the draft.  If he's healthy, he's an NFL player all day long.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The TE from Texas A&M.  Before last season he was a projected Day 2 pick.  He's big, fast, & athletic.

He had a terrible pro day and it dropped him completely outta the draft.  If he's healthy, he's an NFL player all day long.

Slow...but 6'4", 255, with good hands?  If he doesn't make the Bills, some other team's likely to pick him up.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Slow...but 6'4", 255, with good hands?  If he doesn't make the Bills, some other team's likely to pick him up.

He ran a terrible 40 time at his pro day (over 5 seconds) but he plays faster than that and regularly gets open down the field.  His collegiate numbers are pretty good and he played in the SEC.  I like him a lot more than Sweeney as long as he's willing to put in the work to be a pro.

• Like 3

Uncle Joe
On 5/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, Ann said:

….

I'm interested to see what this guy can do.

I saw a clip of him running downfield catching a pass - he looks pretty athletic for an OL.

So, back when the Bills were NYS's version of the Jests, we saw a lot of good UDFAs sign with them because they saw Buffalo as a great place to manage to land a job.

Now that there isn't nearly the same level of opportunity, are the Bills now getting UDFAs signing with them because they really are guys that should've been drafted but didn't for "reasons" (a bad combine, injuries, a predilection to put every stupid 22 yo thought in their head on Instagram, etc.) hoping to be part of a winner even though it's a tougher slog to make the team, or are they guys that for the most part have no shot at all & were only available because even the Jests & JAGs don't see them as being worth signing, or something other?

• Like 5

4merper4mer
9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He ran a terrible 40 time at his pro day (over 5 seconds) but he plays faster than that and regularly gets open down the field.  His collegiate numbers are pretty good and he played in the SEC.  I like him a lot more than Sweeney as long as he's willing to put in the work to be a pro.

Spoke with a buddy who follows college football in Texas very closely to get his take on some of our guys…..

I laughed when he said he never watches Baylor and actively avoids watching them.  He said no one from Baylor ever is really a pro prospect.  If you look at their history he is mostly right with a few notable exceptions.  He has no idea on our LB.

The Texas OL that is a UDFA was very highly touted coming in and he emphasized that Texas has been a shitshow.  He would not be surprised if this kid made a big leap.

On the TE…..he really liked him coming into this year but he didn’t have a great season.  He said it looked like there was something going on with him….not the same player.  He didn’t know what to make of the combine but the guy doesn’t play slow.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
4 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, back when the Bills were NYS's version of the Jests, we saw a lot of good UDFAs sign with them because they saw Buffalo as a great place to manage to land a job.

Now that there isn't nearly the same level of opportunity, are the Bills now getting UDFAs signing with them because they really are guys that should've been drafted but didn't for "reasons" (a bad combine, injuries, a predilection to put every stupid 22 yo thought in their head on Instagram, etc.) hoping to be part of a winner even though it's a tougher slog to make the team, or are they guys that for the most part have no shot at all & were only available because even the Jests & JAGs don't see them as being worth signing, or something other?

Too many variables to say, probably.  Each individual probably has a different reason for why they choose where to sign.  I'm sure in years past the BILLS were a nice destination because the team was terrible so it up the odds some.  I think right now the organization's reputation and world class facilities make guys wanna take a big swing and see if they can pick up something maybe they might not get someplace else - almost a cheat code to their next opportunity.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sure in years past the BILLS were a nice destination because the team was terrible so it up the odds some. 

Overpaying drastically helped too.  

I mean...Derrick Dockery?  Langston Walker?  You think their thought process in coming to Buffalo wasn't along the lines of "I can't believe how much these fools are offering to pay me!"

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

mini.jpg.b379d3530c9500660b222912fd0f765a.jpg

LeCharles.  French.  For "The Charles."

I'm going to start calling myself "LeTom."  Or "Crap Throwing LeMonkey."

Blessed Believer

Anyone else, UDFA,  besides the big slow TE, have a decent chance of making the 53? 

Edited by Blessed Believer

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

LeCharles.  French.  For "The Charles."

I'm going to start calling myself "LeTom."  Or "Crap Throwing LeMonkey."

LeNanker Pringle has a nice ring to it. :banplease:

• Haha 3

Fansince88
On 5/4/2022 at 10:07 AM, Alaska Darin said:

How are his blocking skills? 

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

How are his blocking skills? 

Ok at the point of attack.  A little lazy when the play is away from him.  Not atypical of most college TEs.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Nanker said:

This is an interesting possibility. He's got some moves.

I come away from that less impressed with Blackshear's running than I do with how absolutely putrid Middle Tennessee's tackling was.