Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

On 10/14/2020 at 6:36 PM, mead107 said:

Thanks. 

other place not as good  as it was.  

19 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Not even close.

Yeah, I've been disappointed lately as well.  Howdy folks.

• Like 7

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 minutes ago, eball said:

Welcome!

• Like 1

transplantbillsfan

https://theathletic.com/2143605/2020/10/17/are-the-buffalo-bills-the-real-deal-going-inside-the-numbers-and-the-eye-test?source=user-shared-article

We won’t know what Allen’s injury prospects will look like, but the scheme is hardly unique and he doesn’t seem to be benefiting from an extraordinary amount of luck. His supporting cast is great at nearly every spot on the offense, but he also suffers from a high drop rate — per Pro Football Focus, it’s the highest in the NFL at 7.9 percent. Though he’s had a dropped pick here or there, his turnover-worthy play percentage is not especially high at 3.21 percent — about average, again per PFF.

As a result, he has the fourth-highest adjusted accuracy rate, once taking away throwaways, batted passes, spiked balls and balls thrown while being hit while counting drops as completions. Given that he’s a fairly deep passer, that’s impressive.

One way to evaluate the impact deep passing has had on his accuracy, we can look at passing plus-minus, a metric developed by NFL Next Gen Stats. It uses data gathered from chips in shoulder pads and the ball to take into account the difficulty of throws, as determined by pocket pressure, depth downfield, distance of nearest defender, distance to the sideline and a few other factors.

By that metric, Allen has had 2.7 completion percentage points above expected. That ranks 20th, but because it only counts completions and not “accurate passes,” it happens to underrate Allen. Once we give every quarterback equal “luck” with regards to drops, batted passes, etc., Allen’s completion rate above expected rises to 5.26, sixth in the NFL.

One big factor in determining whether a team will regress is the play of the quarterback and whether his play is sustainable. For Allen, the signs point to yes — at least for this year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Good to see you come aboard. Love that many are keeping their names and pics as this keeps us knowing who you are.

• Like 4

transplantbillsfan

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-starting-quarterbacks-after-week-6-2020-season

8. JOSH ALLEN, BUFFALO BILLS

Change: Up 19

Josh Allen made the single biggest jump of any quarterback in the rankings from the preseason, just in time to show some wobbles in his play the past two weeks and make me wonder if we all jumped the gun. Even with those two rough outings, Allen’s 85.9 PFF passing grade is a top-five mark and more than 20 grading points higher than any other year of his career. He has a 79.3% adjusted completion rate, 10 percentage points better than his previous high. Allen looks to have taken a huge step forward in his development, but he now needs to avoid crashing back down to earth after a couple of more familiar inconsistent games.

• Like 1

transplantbillsfan

https://theathletic.com/2154752/2020/10/22/bills-chiefs-tremaine-edmunds?source=user-shared-article

5) Outside of some missed throws, Allen’s day wasn’t as bad as it seemed

Games like Bills-Chiefs exemplify why watching the coaches film is such an impactful exercise. I initially wrote that this was Allen’s worst game of the season, which it was. But I also thought he was more inaccurate, and that perception didn’t hold up on film. Allen did have issues with ball placement and missed some clear throws — the Stefon Diggs throw to the end zone being the most glaring example — but it wasn’t anything too different from what we’ve seen in other games. It fits with Allen’s identity right now, and the Bills know what he does well far outweighs those bad moments.

Most of the time against the Chiefs, Allen was going with the hand the defense dealt him. The Chiefs’ defense dominated up front, effectively canceling out the running game. They also disguised some of their coverages well and took away most of the Bills’ opportunities over the top. During the rare plays in which the Chiefs were in man coverage with a single-high safety, Allen tried to push the ball down the field. He mainly attacked the short areas when the Chiefs were in Cover 2 and pressured him quickly enough to force an early throw. Allen also continued to show improvements against all-out blitz attempts, reading the defense, spotting the holes in coverage and calmly delivering a quick throw. He was hard on himself after the game for the missed throws early in the game, but he was far from the Bills’ biggest problem on offense. Allen still looked like an advanced version of his 2019 self, even without the statistics to back it up. He has remained on the right track, even in two losses.

• Like 1

^^^^^^

I did notthink Allen was bad in either game...I mean in TN they go 13-17 on 3rd down...yes one bad interception, but overall not a bad game.

Last week he missed some throws he usually makes, but that happens to Mahomes , Rodgers, Brady etc. 

Next two games are really important i think for his growth. 

if ya have 25 minutes, this is a good breakdown

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

My husband told me about this article the other day, but "election stuff" has grabbed my attention and I only now got to read it. This is some article. Josh's growth has been massive.

Jim Kubiak: How Bills QB Josh Allen figured out Patriots' amoeba defense

Daboll knew that exposing his young quarterback too often to confusion could potentially result in game-losing plays. After all, Allen threw three interceptions in last season’s Week 4 loss to New England.

This strategy limited passing mistakes and provided Allen with a platform to achieve his highest overall performance grade of the season, 96.15%.

Allen played with patience, command and the intelligence of a veteran quarterback who knows how to win. He completed 11 of 18 attempts (61.1%) for 154 yards with one interception and one rushing touchdown. The beauty of his performance, though, was not necessarily seen in what he “did,” but rather in the mistakes he did not make and the blunders he cagily avoided.

Allen played as close to a perfect game as he could have, achieving a 100% performance grade in the first, third and fourth quarters.

Don’t be fooled by the lower totals among Allen’s passing statistics. His effort and near-flawless execution was a testament to how much he has developed his operational skills from previous Patriots performances.

</snip>

• Like 1